PDA

View Full Version : 3 night cruise/ When to do Palo?

WambaWanda
09-28-2005, 07:50 AM
We are going on the 3 night cruise Oct 20 and we want to eat at Palo, but we don't want to miss Pirate Night. We have the 8:30 dining time and our kids are 12, 10 and 7. Does anyone know what night we should eat at Palos so we don't miss the pirate night? :confused3

jlowejd5
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
We haven't been since they instituted Pirate Night, but it's been our experience that Parrot Cay is the skippable restaurant. Triton's is just too pretty, and the show at AP is not to be missed.

But that's just us. We ate at PC on the 4-night, and it was really good, but (to us) Palo was way better.

QUEEN4ADAY
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
We are doing the 3 Day on Dec 15th. I've seen on the message board that the last night is probably best on the 3 Day. I think the Pirate Party is the second night after Nassau. Any input anyone???

mommasita
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Seeing as you are doing a 3night cruise, I personally would not skip any dining room. There is definitely something special in all of them...I would make my Palo reservation for 6 or 6:30, and douple dip...That way, you don't miss anything anywhere. In my opinion, this is really worth it... :goodvibes

Jsme
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
You can double dip or skip. I vote for the double dipping. But if you do not want to do that...keep this in mind....the only thing now on a 3 night cruise they do for Pirate Night is the deck party on deck 9 at the Goofy pool. It begins around 9:30-9:45. And it is held on the night you leave Nassau. Which is on friday.

CaribGirl
09-28-2005, 09:31 AM
On a 3 night I would definetly "double dip". You don't have to eat the food in your regular dining room that night. We double dipped on our Tritons night. I was so full from Palo's but still managed one more dessert in Tritons. The kids on the other hand ate their dinner since they did not join us at Palo's. And I also didn't feel that Palo's experience was rushed because we had to take the kids to dinner. Go with the 6:00 time slot. That way you have more time to enjoy. :teeth:

WambaWanda
09-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Thank you sooooo much for that info! I will make sure that I have Palo at 6 or 6:30 so we can relax at the next thing. Will we miss a show though? I just wish we knew more about the schedule ahead of time.

My Passporter book says that with older kids the rotation is usually Day 1-Parrot Cay, Day 2-Triton's and Day 3-Animator's Palate. Are my kids considered older at 12,10 and 7? Is this how it usually works? The younger rotation is Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay and Triton's.

I'm going crazy because I want to do it all!! :earseek:

mommasita
09-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Thank you sooooo much for that info! I will make sure that I have Palo at 6 or 6:30 so we can relax at the next thing. Will we miss a show though? I just wish we knew more about the schedule ahead of time.

My Passporter book says that with older kids the rotation is usually Day 1-Parrot Cay, Day 2-Triton's and Day 3-Animator's Palate. Are my kids considered older at 12,10 and 7? Is this how it usually works? The younger rotation is Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay and Triton's.

I'm going crazy because I want to do it all!! :earseek:

You may miss a show, and you may not..There are some that are shown in the afternoon as well...SO hopefully you could catch it then..

Yes, I would think your children would be consider older..It is not written in stone, and any rotation may be assigned...

I understand your craziness, but really, no one can ever do it all. Just relax, enjoy what you can, and rebook onboard.. :goodvibes

CaribGirl
09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Yes, we did miss "Hercules", which from what I heard was a terrific show. My oldest was 15, so they could have gone by themself, (that was a choice for them) but being our first night on the boat they were unsure of where things were. If this choice would have happened on day 2, they would have gone without a concern! In hindsight, I would have let all mine go to the show while I was having dinner at Palo's. DK were 15, 11, 7 and we had late dining and our rotation was Tritons, AP, AP, PC. No matter what time you choose there will be something that you will miss. I think that is how they get you to come back :rotfl:

CaribGirl
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
One more thing, the show "Dreams" was shown at 2:00 and then at 6:00 for late diners and at 8:30 for early diners, so that may be a good night also. That was the only show that had an afternoon showing during our cruise.