PDA

View Full Version : 3 night cruise/When to do Palo?

WambaWanda
09-28-2005, 07:41 AM
We are going on the 3 night cruise in Oct and we want to eat at Palo, but we don't want to miss Pirate night. We have the 8:30 dinner time and our kids are 12, 10 and 7. Which night should we eat at Palo? I think Parrot Cay would be the only restaurant we woudn't mind missing. :confused3

uncgsweetz16
09-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi! We have not eaten at Palo but were at one time considering it. I see no one reponded so I wanted to tell you that the restaurant you listed was the most famous one others suggested to skip when I had asked the same question a few months ago.

We are going on our first Disney cruise next week. We decided to skip Palo (this time) so that we could go to all of the restaurants and base our own opinions so that if we skip one in the future we won't mind at all. I know we won't be doing only one of these cruises. From what I hear it is something everyone suggests not to miss...but if you do miss it you never know what you were missing...

Have a magical time! :wave:

TammiMcMan
09-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I always like to start the cruise by having dinner in Palo, so my choice would be the first night. It seemed like the kids were really excited about being off on their own and making friends in the clubs.

I think the Pirate Party is on the 3rd night, so that would limit you to either the 1st or 2nd night, or go with any night and select a 5pm dining time. That way, you'll be out in plenty of time to still sit in your rotational restaurant with the kids.

You could have Parrot Cay for the Pirate night, in which case, you'd be eating off the special menu anyway. Until you check-in at the terminal though, you won't know what dining rotation you've been assigned. It makes planning a bit more difficult.

Tammi