PDA

View Full Version : PIRATE NIGHT - Eastern? What will we miss if we have 1st dining.

FinVicMom
09-28-2005, 07:19 AM
We booked the 11:00 a.m departure/dolphin encounter and was concerned that we will miss our early dining time. We understand that it is Pirate Night and that the restaurants have a special menu. Will Topsiders have that Pirate Menu if we are unable to make it back for our early dining?

Also what time is the Pirate Celebration and does anyone recall what is served at the special buffet after the Pirate Celebration/fireworks.

When do they give out the bandanas? Do a lot of people dress up and is there a contest for the "best dressed"?

Any details would be appreciated :goodvibes pirate:

mmouse37
09-28-2005, 07:24 AM
The pirate deck party is not until 9:45 or so....you won't miss that. It looked they had a pretty good selection on the buffet...I did not partake as we had late dining and I was way too full....

The bandanas are already on the table along with the souvenir menus when you get to the dining room. You could ask your servers the day before to keep yours aside for you and then pick them up when you get back from your excursion, even if you are not actually eating at your seating.

Not sure if Topsiders has the same menu as the dining rooms that night.

MJ

MSWint
09-28-2005, 07:31 AM
The restaurants do have a special menu and desserts, you will want to keep the actual menu as a souvenir ... rolled up like a scroll. Try to make dinner if you can, it is a lot of fun to see the crew and a lot of passengers all dressed up. They make the dinner alot of fun.

Yes, the entire crew and many of the passengers dress up ... mybe 25% of passengers have costumes of some sort.

The Pirate Night celebration begins around 10:00 I think.

I forget what they had to eat at the buffet.

They give out the bandanas at dinner, your servers will help you and the kids put them on for you ... and of course the photographers will come around and take pictures of your table. This is also a great time to get pictures with your servers.

I don't recall there being a best dressed contest ... but I might have missed it.

Mark

webray
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Yes, topsiders will have the pirate menu..topsiders now serves the exact menu as the dining room, every night. It is very nice and very convenient.

You won't miss the pirate party on deck, that doesn't start until after second seating.

FinVicMom
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all the information... I spoke with a Customer Rep and she help fill in some of our questions. We are unsure if we will miss the full first seating or just a few minutes of the first dining. pirate: :goodvibes