PDA

View Full Version : Nassau Excursions Caribbean Snorkel Boat or Catamaran Snorkeling?

seagee
09-28-2005, 06:06 AM
Sailing on the 4 day Wonder October 23 with myself, DH, and DD(7). DD has never snorkeled before and is an o.k. swimmer. Do I book (yikes have not booked yet!) Carribean Queen Snorkel Boat which is at 1:30 pm or the Catamaran Sail & Reef Snorkeling which is at 9:00am? The Catamaran sounds like you may get more personalized instruction but it leaves at 9am. I'm afraid the water will be cold or we will have get up and rush to get there. Can make recommendations. This site and the people or wonderful. Thanks.

cepmom
09-28-2005, 06:24 AM
we did the catamaran snorkel on our 8/28 4 night. It was early (kids not too happy!) but it was fun and we were back to the ship around 12:00 or so. I have never been on the Carribean Queen snorkel, so I have nothing to compare it too though. On the Catamaran, they take you out to a reef, maybe a 30 minute ride from the dock. You can snorkel for 1 hour, then about a 30 minute ride back. On the ride back they serve rum punch ( or without the rum if you prefer).

Only my DH is good swimmer so I was nervous, but the kids did great! Everyone is required to wear the life vest (inflatable) while snorkeling. Some people brought their own equipment, but most used the equipment provided by the tour. I did bring some handi-wipes to clean off the snorkel though ~ I didn't see anything that indicated that the tour guide cleaned them between tours and I am a bit of a germaphobe :blush:.

Which dinner time do you have? If you go on the 1:30 snorkel, will you have enough time to get ready for dinner? We enjoyed going early because, when we returned, many people were still off the boat and the ship wasn't crowded. We enjoyed going to the pools for the afternoon, then taking our time getting ready for dinner (5:45)

Hopefully someone that has also done the Carribean Queen will chime in their exeperience for you. Good luck!