PDA

View Full Version : ?'s ?'s ?'s Eastern or Western, WDW before or after Cruise

ljane1
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone
I'm very patiently waiting for the 2007 prices to come out but until then I would love a few suggestions.
This will be our 1st cruise DD's will be 6 & 7 when we are planning on going and I can't decide between the Eastern or Western,,,,,,,any preferences would be great to hear from all you experienced cruisers
NEXT Question.....We are thinking about heading to WDW for 5 days, not sure if it's better to do it before or after the Cruise..........after leaving WDW last October DH and I felt like we needed another vacation... :rotfl2:
Thanks for any info
Lesley :earsgirl:

BuzzBoyMom
09-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Eastern vs. Western is truly a personal preference. Check out each stop and see which you would prefer....OR decide if you want that extra sea day and pick the Eastern. Now that was true for prior Eastern vs. Westerns, but guess we will all have to wait and see what itineraries they come out with for 2007....

COME ON DISNEY - WE'RE ALL SOOOOO ANXIOUS!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

As for before vs. after, I would definatley say do the cruise after. The cruise can be as exhausing or relaxing as you choose it to be. And the great part is that you can put your kids in the clubs to keep them entertained (because we know kids that age simply NEVER get exhausted) and you can sit by the adult pool and relax....best of both worlds.

Best of luck to ya!

Dreamer04
09-28-2005, 07:14 AM
My DH does not care for the two sea days in a row, right at the start of the cruise. So the Eastern is a little much for him, but he deals with it! Me, I LOVE SEA DAYS!! The ship itself is the destination I love most! Plus, the Eastern has the most beautiful beaches in the world.

In August '04, DD7 and I spent 5 days at WDW then sailed on the 3 day Wonder. The only drawback was the cruise was too short! I would definately sail after WDW!

Lew
09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
We are thinking about heading to WDW for 5 days, not sure if it's better to do it before or after the Cruise..........after leaving WDW last October DH and I felt like we needed another vacation...I hear where you're coming from. Prior to joining DVC our WDW vacations were anything but relaxing. Now, our WDW vacations (mostly at OKW) are laid back and relaxing...we take it very easy.

We have been on two Disney Magic cruises: the first was a 4-night, the most recent a 7-night eastern. They were both wonderful cruises; however, I must tell you that we packed so much into the 4-night cruise that we were extremely tired upon disembarkation.

We were so thankful that we didn't have to fly home that day. We drove to OKW where we recuperated for a week before returning home.

You just might want to consider planning your WDW stay after your cruise. It makes re-entry back into the real world so much easier if you can do this after your cruise.

Think about flying into Orlando the day prior to your cruise, staying off property (near the airport or the port), enjoying your cruise, then a stay at WDW.

Whichever way you do it you'll have a wonderful time...

ljane1
09-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the info with both of your suggestions you've just made my decision I think all that more easier.
I think I'm going to aim to do WDW first and then the Eastern cruise (hoping it still has the 2 days at sea at the beginning) which will give us a small rest, the girls will love the Kids Club and I'll get some quiet reading time in OR do a little shopping on the boat ;) .....

COME ON DISNEY,,,,,,lets get those prices out.......PLEASE :Pinkbounc

Thanks
Lesley :earsgirl:

mketting
09-28-2005, 02:40 PM
My DD was 6 when we did the 4 day. The last morning at breakfast she fell asleep at the table, and on the plane home everyone fell asleep. I was so glad we did WDW first when we were full of energy.

Lew
09-29-2005, 05:40 AM
My DD was 6 when we did the 4 day. The last morning at breakfast she fell asleep at the table, and on the plane home everyone fell asleep. I was so glad we did WDW first when we were full of energy....But doesn't that prove my point: You need some vacation days after your cruise to just wind down and relax before heading home.

disneybride96
09-29-2005, 06:10 AM
...But doesn't that prove my point: You need some vacation days after your cruise to just wind down and relax before heading home.
I guess that depends how you approach WDW. We hustle around "the world", but spend a ton of time in the tropical rain forest and spa. We are well rested after a cruise. If this is your first cruise but a repeat of WDW, it might be the opposite. So...another personal preference here! :flower:

Lew
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
I guess that depends how you approach WDW. We hustle around "the world", but spend a ton of time in the tropical rain forest and spa. We are well rested after a cruise. If this is your first cruise but a repeat of WDW, it might be the opposite. So...another personal preference here! :flower:Absolutely! We ran ourselves ragged on our first cruise and were thankful we didnít have to head home. If you disembark relaxed and refreshed, by all means do your cruise after visiting WDW.

I just donít want to recommend that tired cruisers leave for home right after their cruise.

WDWLVR
09-29-2005, 06:38 AM
I always recommend an Eastern for a first cruise. 3 sea days is one of the reasons why. You can do as much or as little as you want on those days. Plus the ports of St. Martin and St. Thomas offer a great number of excursions or can easily be done on your own.

As for WDW I would definately do it before the cruise. The cruise will give you time to be rested and pampered after WDW.

crzy4magic
09-29-2005, 12:12 PM
We have always done the eastern - the schedule has been the main cause of that - our February School Vacation week has fallen on Eastern cruise weeks. I think the Western with 2 stops at Castaway Cay is the cruise I would want to try next.

As far as the parks go, do them before. We have done 4 cruises - 3 Eastern and the Eastbound Repositioning Cruise. The first 2 cruises we planned to do the parks afterwards and both times someone was sick. The 3rd cruise, my wife and kids flew down a couple of days early and had a great time at the parks, I met them the night before the cruise and we had an easy day getting home. For the Repo cruise, we came straight home, because the kids had school on Tuesday and we had to be ready.

Disney - in the Wonder Land-Sea cruises always does the parks first then the cruise. On the Travel Channel special, they said they looked upon the cruise as the relaxing climax to the family's vacation.

No matter which way you chose, have a magical trip!!!

sdptalk
09-30-2005, 08:20 AM
My husband is the type that has trouble relaxing. He is always thinking of something else that needs to be done. He was reluctant to go on a cruise because he thought he would not be able to workout/run everyday and I believe he thought he would feel trapped. ....This is where it gets funny :goodvibes ...after being forced to cruise Disney, he now never wants to leave the ship!!!!

We booked the Eastern for this reason. He gets three sea days and is only forced to leave the ship twice. We don't count Castaway Cay because he loves that as much as the ship.

After 21 years of marriage, he still manages to surprise and amaze me! :love2:

Sandy

stampinshauna
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd say do WDW before the cruise. Last year we did it after. I love WDW, but after the cruise it was almost a letdown. The food wasn't as good, it wasn't relaxing, etc.