PDA

View Full Version : CC Getaway Package...

lenshanem
09-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Before I reserve this -

DH wants to snorkel, I do not. If we get the package for him can I use his float while he snorkels?

Or do they give you an armband or something?

Can he just pick up the float before he goes snorkeling and give the float to me?

Do you have the float the entire time?

What about the bikes? I wasn't planning on reserving bikes, but it seems silly not to reserve the whole package if you plan on both the snorkel and the float.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

RetroJulie
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
You will be OK reserving one package for both to share. We reserved a package for each of us and were able to pick up everything at once. Which was wasted money on our part. My husband couldn't get the snorkeling thing down and only used his float. I snorkeled while he floated.

Now we know that we can rent one package and share versus wasting the money on two seperate.

I do have to say, however, that toting your beach bags and the snorkeling equipment (which you pick up at Gil's) all the way to Serenity Bay is a pain in the behind. Why don't they allow for pick up of snorkeling equipment down at Serenity? It would make it so much more enjoyable and convenient.

Jsme
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
You will be OK reserving one package for both to share. We reserved a package for each of us and were able to pick up everything at once. Which was wasted money on our part. My husband couldn't get the snorkeling thing down and only used his float. I snorkeled while he floated.

Now we know that we can rent one package and share versus wasting the money on two seperate.

I do have to say, however, that toting your beach bags and the snorkeling equipment (which you pick up at Gil's) all the way to Serenity Bay is a pain in the behind. Why don't they allow for pick up of snorkeling equipment down at Serenity? It would make it so much more enjoyable and convenient.

I agree with you on that one. I wish they had a pick up and drop off at Serneity Bay. If they have one I did not see it.

We like to reserve the package for each in our group so we can snorkel together. I never do the bike ride. My the time we are at CC and we have snorkeled I am too tired. I let DH go with the kids.

lenshanem
09-28-2005, 06:12 PM
That will save us some money. Thanks! :goodvibes

lenshanem
10-01-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm bumping cause I'm still confused about the bike part of the package. If DH orders the package for himself and snorkels can I use the bike portion of his package? So if I understand RetroJulie right you pick up all three parts of your package at once? I think the bike is only for an hour, though? But the snorkel equipment and float you can keep all day?

Thanks!

donmil723
10-02-2005, 01:59 AM
You can keep the snorkel equipment and float all day. You pick up the snorkel equipment at one location and the floats at another location. We got our float at the end of the family beach (farthest away from the ship). I thought they told us there was another location to get the float on Serenity Bay.

We rented 2 getaway packages for 4 of us. DD and friend snorkeled while DH and I used the floats. Have to watch the floats as others think they are for anyone to use. We never did get around to riding our bikes though. Enjoyed laying on the beach or on the floats drinking Konk Koolers way too much!

Have fun!

Donna