PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty Rentals Anyone?

hunter6009
09-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Has anyone rented with Thrifty? I called and they said they also have a shuttle and I can also rent a carseat for my son. How were the shuttle times/waits? Did you have a good experience with Thrifty?

Thanks!

soccrmom65
09-27-2005, 11:08 PM
We have used Hertz to do the car rental shuttle run but this time we are going with either Thrifty or Budget because we want a van and they seem to have the best rates. If they are like Hertz was that was pretty painless..and a lot more affordable than DCL for 300.00 for 6 people :moped:

matsterrocks
09-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Yes rented with Thrifty went nice and smooth and great price. I'm sure you can rent a car seat. Check the type of vehicle you are renting and maybe they have the integrated child seat such as a Grand Caravan.

robinb
09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
I rented from Thrifty a couple of times. Each time was very smooth. I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for the shuttle to/from the rental location. I have heard about the counter staff pressuring people into buying their insurance, but I did not have that experience. The rental was quick and friendly. The cars I received were clean and didn't smell of cigarette smoke. The only minus came on my last Thrifty rental where they went over the car with a fine-toothed comb and made me fill out an "accident" report before I left. There was a scrape on the bottom of the bumper and a small quarter-sized dent in the door. They were making a lot of people fill out the form. They never asked me to pay for anything, but it made me look over my rental cars more carefully.

BTW, I would recommend that you bring your child's car seat from home. First of all, he is more comfortable in it and secondly the rental seats are beat up and dirty (at all car rental companies).

matchtrader
09-28-2005, 09:43 AM
I rented from Thrifty a couple of times. Each time was very smooth. I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for the shuttle to/from the rental location. I have heard about the counter staff pressuring people into buying their insurance, but I did not have that experience. The rental was quick and friendly. The cars I received were clean and didn't smell of cigarette smoke. The only minus came on my last Thrifty rental where they went over the car with a fine-toothed comb and made me fill out an "accident" report before I left. There was a scrape on the bottom of the bumper and a small quarter-sized dent in the door. They were making a lot of people fill out the form. They never asked me to pay for anything, but it made me look over my rental cars more carefully.

BTW, I would recommend that you bring your child's car seat from home. First of all, he is more comfortable in it and secondly the rental seats are beat up and dirty (at all car rental companies).

Hi Robinb - this is what we wanted to do, but are not sure what to do with our seats (we will have three of them) while on the cruise. Do you know if Diensy has a storage site for these types of things somewhere? Given the tight quarters on the ship, I don't want to be using valuable space up with big car seats. Thanks in advance. :wave2:

robinb
09-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't think Disney has storage for you and I understand not wanting to find a place for 3 car seats in a small room. Hmmm ... maybe you may want to ask that specific question over on the cruise board.

matchtrader
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't think Disney has storage for you and I understand not wanting to find a place for 3 car seats in a small room. Hmmm ... maybe you may want to ask that specific question over on the cruise board.

Hmmmm .. I thought this was the cruise board. :)

robinb
09-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Hmmmm .. I thought this was the cruise board. :)

:laughing:

Oh my goodness! That is funny, LOL.

I usually read the DIS by clicking on "New Posts" and I'll respond to anything but the Teen or College Board. Since the post was about car rental I assumed it was posted on the Transportation Board. *sigh*

Try again, Robin. :teeth:

If you're looking for information about storing car seats and or extra luggage try a brand-new post. People who know the answer may not read a post about Thrifty Car Rental. Plus, this thread may be moved over to the Transportation Board where it belongs.