PDA

View Full Version : Airport to Port Transportation

miles67
09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi, have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided it is time to dive in. My family and I will be on the Oct. 22 Magic, Wetern cruise. It will be our first Disney cruise (first cruise for that matter). We are flying down on Fri. morning and staying overnight at the Wilderness Lodge. We will then take the shuttle back to the airport on Sat. morning and take the bus from there to the port. Does anyone know how I can find out the schedule for the buses leaving the airport? Nervous about all these shuttles but the Disney people thought this was our best bet. Any help would be appreciated.

joksten2000
09-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi, have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided it is time to dive in. My family and I will be on the Oct. 22 Magic, Wetern cruise. It will be our first Disney cruise (first cruise for that matter). We are flying down on Fri. morning and staying overnight at the Wilderness Lodge. We will then take the shuttle back to the airport on Sat. morning and take the bus from there to the port. Does anyone know how I can find out the schedule for the buses leaving the airport? Nervous about all these shuttles but the Disney people thought this was our best bet. Any help would be appreciated.

Bus's leave continuously we've gotten in at 9am 10:30 am and 1pm and never had a problem

DisneyElf
09-27-2005, 01:53 PM
You shouldn't need to all the way back to the airport to get the bus to Ship.
It picks up at several resorts (PO - French Quarter, Dolphin, Swan - etc.).
I would check with the DCL people in the airport terminal, or call DCL and ask what hotels they pick up at .

My friends stayed at POP (on the Magic right now), luggage services took their bags over to the Dolphin and they took a bus over to MGM and then got on a bus over to the Dolphin. Said it worked beautifully.

khoffman923
09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
:cool1: Just a question...taking the shuttle back to the airport to catch another shuttle seems like an awful lot of wasted time for a vacation. You didn't say how many in your party, but would scheduling a town car to pick your family up at your hotel to take you directly to Port Canaveral be a less hectic option even though it will cost some extra $$$? This would certainly be a huge timesaver for you so if you can put a pricetag on this you may find it worth it. If this isn't an option, would it not be better then to just go to one of the other Disney properties where the cruise shuttle bus will pick you up so you don't have to go all the way to the airport, where I'm sure it would be more chaotic? Just a thought!

Karen

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;128/st/20060726/e/Disney+Vacation+Begins/k/c69f/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Jsme
09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
You do not need to go back to the airport to take Disney transportation. You can caught it at WDW. I am not sure which resorts they pick up at on site at WDW but I am sure someone here can answer that or you can call your TA or Disney.

miles67
09-27-2005, 02:25 PM
There will be 5 of us with a week's worth of luggage. DCL does not pick up at the Wilderness Lodge so we are picturing taking all of our luggage on one of the theme park buses to get to another hotel that does have the direct port shuttle. If we can get them to help with the luggage (I would even gladly pay for it) then we could catch the bus at one of the other hotels. We did pay for the ground transportation, I guess in hindsight we should have gotten a car.

skibum
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I would seriously consider renting a car for the day, and then drop it off by the port. You will be on your own schedule, and you will save considerable $$$$.
Send me a souvenir with all the money you save! :rotfl2: