PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with ME and SWA?

BCV23
09-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Has anyone used SW and ME on an inbound trip?

I'm wondering if you had any trouble getting your baggage delivered to your room or if it happens just as smoothly as it does for "participating" airlines.

I do understand that the participating airlines part is supposed to only matter on outbound flights. I just want to make sure that inbound does go smoothly.

We won't be using ME on the return portion of the trip.

Tried searching and didn't come up with anything. Sorry! :confused3

beccasmom
09-27-2005, 02:11 PM
We'll be flying SWA in November and using ME then.

We flew to WDW in June on USAirways and used ME. They are not a participating airline and we had no problems. Everything went very smoothy. In fact, we took two voluntary bumps from our scheduled 6:30 a.m. flight and arrived three hours late. No issues - it worked extremely well.

clkelley
09-27-2005, 02:35 PM
My hubby, son, and friends flew using Southwest and had great service with their luggage being delivered. They arrived at the resort about 5:00 pm, went to Epcot, and when they returned, their luggage was in the room. They had two adjoining rooms, and all of the luggage was in one room, but that was the only thing and very minor.

Carol

BCV23
09-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks, Penny and Carol! :sunny:

CleveRocks
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Has anyone used SW and ME on an inbound trip?

I'm wondering if you had any trouble getting your baggage delivered to your room or if it happens just as smoothly as it does for "participating" airlines.

I do understand that the participating airlines part is supposed to only matter on outbound flights. I just want to make sure that inbound does go smoothly.

We won't be using ME on the return portion of the trip.
For a flight arriving at MCO, there truly is no difference. Every airline releases baggage to the control of the airport itself, at some point after the baggage is unloaded. Thus, ALL bags are in control of the airport (and not the airlines) before they get to the baggage claim carousel. It is in THIS process that the DME-tagged bags get pulled. So as you can see, whether an airline is "participating" or not has no effect on DME-tagged bags getting to their proper destination.

No worries!

-- Eric :earsboy:

BCV23
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your detailed explanation, Eric. I did not realize that the airport took control of the bags. At the carousels of course you deal with airline folks if ever necessary so I always thought it was each airline from start to finish.

Makes more sense now and certainly eases my mind. :)