View Full Version : DME Question--not one of the usual ones--I Promise
09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
So.....we're off to WDW in February, and I appear to suffer from a little trip planning OCD. :teeth: When I originally booked our hotel stays, we were too far out to book our DME. So my question is, how far out has anyone booked yet?
I will probably call them tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experience.
09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
As far as I know, if you have your airline reservations made, then you can make your ME reservation anytime. :earsboy:
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I booked at the end of August for a trip at the end of October. Got all of my materials yesterday, almost a month before departure. Of course, now watch Delta change my flights.
09-27-2005, 12:16 PM
>>> now watch Delta change our flights
It is easy to change your ME reservations. Get the name of the person you talked to over the phone for good measure.
I have seen no recorded instance of someone being denied ME transportation due to a reservation that was off by a few hours.
You can make last minute adjustments to the homebound ME reservation as late as a day before you check out.
09-27-2005, 12:26 PM
You can also make arrangements for ME without knowing your flights at all. Just call back later and add the times and flight #s.
09-27-2005, 01:29 PM
My parents flew in standby, so I gave DME (only a week's notice) some "guesstimates" on flight info, just to fill in the blanks. They missed several flights and arrived about 4 hours late and had no problems at all. Claimed their own bags and were at the resort within an hour of deplaning.
09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
When we went to WDW in June, I booked DME as soon as I could in March..that's when we could book through DVC. For my trip in Aug I booked the week before we went!!! Didnt get tags for that trip! For my trip Nov 30, I am going to call them the end of Oct. I know that Delta will change something and I am waitlisted through DVC so my resort could change before that 30 day point.
I have also heard that they are encouraging people to wait until less than 2 months before the trip to call and reserve DME. So, if you are going in Feb, they would want you to call no earlier than Dec...but, of course, you are like the rest of us and have to have 'all your ducks in a row'!!!!!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.