PDA

View Full Version : Where is Alamo?

Zandy595
09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
BIL has to drop his rental car off at Alamo when we get to Disney. He says it's right in Disney World. Can anyone tell me the exact location? :earsboy:

travelin' tigger
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
BIL has to drop his rental car off at Alamo when we get to Disney. He says it's right in Disney World. Can anyone tell me the exact location? :earsboy:

Actually, there are 2 locations - one is at the Car Care Center near the entrance (toll-booth) at MK and one is at the Dolphin resort.

HTH!!! :teeth:

Zandy595
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Really? You can drop the car off right at the Dolphin? Forgive me for the dumb question, but you don't actually go into the lobby of the Dolphin, do you?

seashoreCM
09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
The main Alamo/National rental area is most easily reached when exiting Magic Kingdom, take a right into the Hess gas station and drive through.

I don't know how to get there if you are not at Magic Kingdom, except by going to the MK toll booths, telling or asking a booth attendant about a U turn or about a gas station or about the car rental area. Then simply drive on. If you were directed to go with the flow towards parking (or just drove on that way), the MK exit is a bear left. If you were directed to bear right just after the toll plaza, the MK exit is the next available left.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

travelin' tigger
09-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Really? You can drop the car off right at the Dolphin? Forgive me for the dumb question, but you don't actually go into the lobby of the Dolphin, do you?

Well, you pull up out front and tell Valet you're returning your car. Then proceed into the lobby to the Alamo/National desk with your paperwork, where the transaction is finalized.

Is that what you were looking for????

JerseyJ
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Can anyone quide me if Disney has transportation running from the Car Care Center to resorts or parks? We need to return our rental car midway thru out stay @ Disney?

Zandy595
09-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, you pull up out front and tell Valet you're returning your car. Then proceed into the lobby to the Alamo/National desk with your paperwork, where the transaction is finalized.

Is that what you were looking for????Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

travelin' tigger
09-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Can anyone quide me if Disney has transportation running from the Car Care Center to resorts or parks? We need to return our rental car midway thru out stay @ Disney?

Disney doesn't have transportation to/from the Car Care Center, but other people have reported that National/Alamo have shuttles that will pick up/drop off at your resort.

HTH!!! :teeth:

jenthemom22
09-27-2005, 09:45 AM
I just re-did my reservation using the Wal-Mart codes. Will Alamo ask me for anything to substantiate the discount when I pick up the car? Just don't want to be surprised and end up paying more because I didn't have a physical coupon or something. Thanks.

Jen

ncgolfer
09-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Alama/National do run free shuttles that will pick you up or return you to your hotel from the Car Care Center. You have to schedule a pickup from your hotel but they return you to your hotel on property on demand. I just did it last Friday as we took ME back to the airport. It was painless.

JerseyJ
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the info regarding Alamo shuttle back to resorts.
Does anyone know if they will also take you to one of the parks?

Fire14
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the info regarding Alamo shuttle back to resorts.
Does anyone know if they will also take you to one of the parks?

I don't know about all parks but they have taken us to TTC to catch monorail to MK twice now.

JerseyJ
09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
That'll work for us. Thanks.

Currently have a 1 wk reservation for 12/30 to 1/6/06. Thinking about adding another 3 days (1/6 to 1/9). Anyone have a good code yet for those dates.

JerseyJ
10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Bumping this up - still hoping for code.