PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Stuck Carmel

JulianneCP
09-25-2005, 06:54 PM
i tried to get in the Fall mood today by making Carmel apples! After a great day of apple picking with my kids I promised we make them together. Good idea for all you good cooks out there but for me it is a challege! I got frustrated with the carmel and turned my stove top to level 1 instead of low. Sure enough i burnt a layer of carmel in my pan.!!! how do I get it out! Any secrets or do I just toss it!! :confused3

the kids did not noctice the little chunks of burnt carmel I just ran out of carmel before I covered them all. the tasted okay. next time I buying the homemade ones at the farm!

Thanks!

P.S My tastfully simple apple cake did turn out okay!

ksjayhawks
09-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I would put some hot water in the bottom, not a lot, just enough to cover the burnt caramel, and maybe a hlf inch more. Add several tablespoons of baking soda or cream of tartar. Bring to a boil--stir with a spoon to help loosen. Let set to cool. You may have to repeat this several times.

Good luck getting it out! :flower:

hezreck
09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Another thing you can try is put about an inch of warm water in the pan and lay a dryer sheet in the water. Let it soak overnight and then wash the pan. I use this method for many sticky pans and it works great. It doesn't even have to be a new sheet, you can use one that has already been in the dryer. I save all my used dryer sheets and keep them under the sink for doing this. Hope it works!