PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Dorothy Sept 17, 2006

nordkin
09-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I thought it might be fun to start a thread for those of us who are going on the 11 night Southern cruise and are friends of Dorothy so we can get to know one another before the trip.

donald...really
09-25-2005, 11:16 PM
We will be there... Donald and Scott, and our friend Pam. Looking forward to it...

nordkin
09-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Just to let everyone know I will maintain a list of people and try to get things a bit organized so we can meet.

PeterPanFanWDW
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey Hey -

Count us in - we're listed on the other 11 night thread as well.

PPF :jester:

nordkin
09-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I have added you to the list. if you want to PM me with the names, I will also add that. For us it is me (Donna), my partner of 19 years Joi, our 21 year old daughter Alessa, and my mother Katherine.

nordkin
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Bumping so it doesn't get lost

nordkin
09-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Does anyone on this thread know a better way to spark interest and start planning a few things? I have posted on the Gay Friendly thread, but not getting much response. I know there are others out there.

nordkin
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
bumping

OrlandoMike
11-14-2005, 09:10 AM
How long till someone asks "Who is Dorothy and why does she have so many friends?" :rotfl2:

M4travels
11-15-2005, 08:41 AM
How long till someone asks "Who is Dorothy and why does she have so many friends?" :rotfl2:

I have a sister Dorothy... does that count???

Wishing we could join you! Not in the cards this time around.

Michael and Marc

T&KHayes
11-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Donna thought this thread was important enough to give it a BUMP!! :Pinkbounc Wish we were gonna be there, but we need another year to save....guess y'all will just have to re-book and come party with us in 2007! :teeth:

nordkin
11-15-2005, 01:13 PM
We are hoping Disney does a special cruise somewhere in Europe in late 2007. The Panama Canal cruise in August was so wonderful we are hoping they announce another special cruise for 07. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2007 and have agreed to do a cruise of some sort in Europe to celebrate. By then all the kids will be out of high school and hopefully in college so we can finally have a vacation for just the two of us after all these years, although I think our daughter might have a problem if it is Disney and we don't include her.

T&KHayes
11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
BUMP! :teeth: *I wish for everyone to respond....now* :wizard:

nordkin
11-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Bump. We have to keep this near the top.

dan and scott
11-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey guys-count us in!

Dan

nordkin
11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey guys-count us in!

Dan

Great. I have added your names to the list I am maintaining. I have seen your posts on the other thread and was wondering if you would post on this one. Good to have you here. As we get closer to the cruise we will arrange a meet.

Donna

dan and scott
11-18-2005, 11:20 AM
We wouldn't miss this cruise-this will be our 13th DCL cruise, #11 was Panama Canal and #12 is in just 50 days (January 7th)

I do know of at least 3 more couple that are joining us, Don and Scott (which we meet on the PC cruise-but I can't find a post from them here anywhere!), chuck and Dean, 2 of our friends and another couple who maintain their own website.

Dan

nordkin
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Dan- Were you on the August or May repo cruise? We were on the August and met Bill and Tim that are also going on this cruise. We would not miss it for anything. My mother and our 20 year old daughter are joining us on this cruise.

dan and scott
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
We were on the August Repo cruise as well. Not sure who Bill and Tim are but we dined with Bill and Bill (CA) and Bob (NJ). bob is also going on the 11 day cruise-guess I should have mentioned him too-especially since he is booked with me (I am a TA).

Do you email out lists?

Dan

dan and scott
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
nordkin
Do you have a pic posted anywhere? I would love to see it to see if I would recognize you from the cruise-LOL

Dan

nordkin
11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I do not have a picture posted anywhere, but I am planning to. I am usually on the boards at work and I have to post the picture from my home computer. we also met the two Bobs from CA. I have not emailed the list out yet because it is so short, but will as I get more names.

dan and scott
11-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Bump to the top!

nordkin
can you email me at danscott@neo.rr.com

Thanks
dan

dan and scott
11-27-2005, 04:36 PM
bump to the top

nordkin
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Dan, I emailed you the other day. Still trying to keep this at the top. Mt email is nordkin@aol.com

nordkin
12-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Still trying to find others

Regina
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm wondering if you'd like to have this moved to our new Board. (http://http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)

Please let me know if you think it will be better there or if you'd like it to remain here.

Thanks!!! :flower:

nordkin
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
It would be great if you could move this to the other board. Thank you for asking.

Regina
01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Here you go. Enjoy your new "home." :flower:

rcostello1
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh Regina is so helpful :) She tried to help me spend money on the repo cruise last year! Not hard to do.

We are now booked on the cruise and my parents are in the room next to us. They were going to "surprise" us on our May cruise but we (accidentally) ruined that by switching to this cruise.

Now I have no trips planned until September. I need to fix that!!

donald...really
01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Dan,

You posted:

"I do know of at least 3 more couple that are joining us, Don and Scott (which we meet on the PC cruise-but I can't find a post from them here anywhere!)".

My partner's name is Scott. So there will be another couple on the cruise with the names Don and Scott?

nordkin
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
We are now booked on the cruise and my parents are in the room next to us.

That is great. I have added you to the list I am keeping. If everyone wants to PM me with your stateroom numbers and the names of the people in your party I will at it all to the list.

rcostello1
06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
So has anyone else joined the cruise? I know Keven&Randall had to cancel :(. We (CC members) can book Palo, etc. on June 19. Coming up soon, warming up the spreadsheet!

nordkin
06-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I have not heard from anyone else, but since we are getting close to the cruise maybe we should keep this thread alive. We are also getting ready to make our Palo and shore excursion reservations on June 19. Let's try to start a discussion of all of us getting together on the ship.

Anyone wanting to join us let me know. I have a spreadsheet with names that right now only has six couples on it and I would love to see it grow. Anyone wanting the list can PM me and I will send it to you.

rcostello1
06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I haven't even looked at excursions. Guess I need to do that. I have to get everyone paid off...long story there, but it will happen next week. Trying to figure out when we want to do Palo. Would like to go on a formal or semi-formal night but that will be a guesstimate on this cruise. And we are doing main dining for the first time so I guess we could eat early or late at Palo--that will be different.

So far the ship is only 1/2 full so I expect it will fill with CMs before too long. :) If not, it will be nice and cozy. Maybe I could buy an upgrade at the port, that would be great!

nordkin
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
rcostello1-

I saw where you posted on the Cruise Meets thread and asked if you had missed anything and the response was not much. The major thing you missed was the dates for Pirate Night 9/24, Formal Nights 9/19 and 9/26, and Tropical Night 9/20. It did not surprise me when you received that response. I have stopped posting on that thread because they tended to ignore me when I asked questions or tried to be included in some of the activities. It appears to be the same group that were on the Panama Canal cruises and they did the samething then.

What category stateroom are you currently in? Originally I had booked us in a 9 and my mother and daughter in a 10 across the hall. I decided to upgrade them and we now have adjoining rooms in a 9. I haven't told them so they will be surprised.

I see we are from the same area. We would love to get together on board the ship and hopefully we can put together a mini meet of sorts. I look forward to meeting everyone from these boards on the ship.

rcostello1
06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Yes there are many posters I have stories for, whether or not I have met them. Did you do the Aug repo? I was on the May repo...have a couple of friends from that who are not on this cruise (cause Kevin&Randall cancelled!). That is GREAT news about the nights thanks I will add it to the spreadsheet! :)

I have two cat 9 rooms (2024/2026) and one person up on deck 7 in I think a cat 11. If something is available (and reasonable $) at the port I would be willing to find a verandah. I like sleeping out there. Well, I dunno what a regular verandah is like, I've only had the cat 3 which I'm sure I'll never see again. It's a great place to sleep!

I am looking at a pic of a cupcake from Just Cakes in Bethesda (birthday card). Are you near them? :) I had a friend with a pic in one of the art walks/shows there in Bethesda. I'm up for a mini-meet. Could we go meet in NYC? I need to get out of here! ;) I was in Fells Point on Friday, I love it up there. Anywhere but where I am is a great place to be...

nordkin
06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Did any of you have trouble making your Palo and shore excursion reservations this morning? It tried for over an hour at 5 this morning and could not get the web reservation system to work. I finally gave up, went to work, and tried again at 7:30. I was able to get Palo for dinner and brunch, but not all the excursions showed up. I still have two islands to figure out what we want to do since the excursions we wanted did not show up this morning.

I hope the rest of you got what you wanted.

rcostello1
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
I have no idea what I want to do excursion wise...fate will figure that out for me.

I made various Palo reservations...I don't like the fact that you can only choose 3-4 people...last year I could choose 5-6, maybe it is based on the max for your room? Last year our room slept 5. Doesn't really make sense. We have 5 people in 3 rooms...so at least 4 of us can dine :). I guess we'll have to make sure they have it right when we get there.

The system was REALLY SLOW at 3am...I guess it didn't get any better. It took forever to make so few reservations.

Nordkin I think it's just you and me... :) especially if you look at the last page of posts!

jamieandben
06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Just my luck
will be at the world on the 17th this year.
Maybe next time

nordkin
06-27-2006, 08:18 PM
We are getting closer to the cruise and it would be nice to hear from others I know are out there.

dan and scott
07-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Just think-48 days from today!

Yea!

Dan

ConcKahuna
07-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I have no clue what cruise you guys are talking about, but I'm jealous :sad1:

nordkin
07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
I have no clue what cruise you guys are talking about, but I'm jealous :sad1:

We are talking about the Disney Cruiseline 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Wonder leaving Sept. 17.

Any of you that would like a list of those of us cruising together please email me at nordkin@aol.com and I will send you the list. I think it would be fun for all of to get together at some point on the ship. Let me know your thoughts.

Viki
07-31-2006, 02:18 PM
We are talking about the Disney Cruiseline 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Wonder leaving Sept. 17.

Any of you that would like a list of those of us cruising together please email me at nordkin@aol.com and I will send you the list. I think it would be fun for all of to get together at some point on the ship. Let me know your thoughts.

And, please, you guys, take lots and lots of photos!

tde1969
08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone, This is Bill and Tim. We had no idea this thread was here. Boy was i HAPPY. I was on here reading the thread about how boring Gay Couples are, and stumbled across this. lol I even think that one of the couples that had their story on the other board is going to be on the cruise. Too kewl. We are so ready for a vacation and we look forward to meeting and hanging out with everyone. Let us know if there are any special things planned!!!!

dan and scott
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone, This is Bill and Tim. We had no idea this thread was here. Boy was i HAPPY. I was on here reading the thread about how boring Gay Couples are, and stumbled across this. lol I even think that one of the couples that had their story on the other board is going to be on the cruise. Too kewl. We are so ready for a vacation and we look forward to meeting and hanging out with everyone. Let us know if there are any special things planned!!!!

Welcome Bill and Tim!

Only 38 days until the cruise!

dan

nordkin
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
OK guys-- we are getting very close to this cruise and I think we need to set up a place and time to meet on the ship. I am open to any and all suggestions. Also remember, I have a list of those who have posted on this thread that they are going. It is on my work computer, so I will post the list tomorrow. I hope we can get something planned.

Welcome Tim and Bill. I'm glad Joi and I will get to see you again. We enjoyed the last cruise with the two of you.

Donna

tde1969
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
We should try to meet on the first day. That way we can get to know everyone and have each other to hang with on the rest of the cruise. We're up for anywhere, although near the bar will be nice, lol.

donald...really
08-12-2006, 10:14 AM
I second the idea of meeting during the first day. Maybe shortly after the sail away party, like around 5:30 or 6:00. We could meet at Signals (the bar near the adult pool). OR we could meet before dinner (if everyone has late dinner seating) in the Cadillac Lounge around 7:30. Just a few suggestions. Any other ideas?

tde1969
08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
We could do either one of those ideas. We have late seating so that's not a problem at all. It's been too long, what time is the early show?

nordkin
08-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I vote for 5:30 to 6 at Signals.

rcostello1
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
The earlier the better for us. We have main seating, something new for us. And who knows we may be up to 5 cabins now. I'm not planning anything for this trip...everyone will just have to be lost on their own!

It's lovely in Florida. Just watched the fireworks at Epcot, well the top part that I could see. :) Waiting for Magic Kingdom to come up in about 30 minutes. It's very tempting to move here but my money is in VA for now. Oh well! It's a lovely, quiet evening, might go swimming after the fireworks.

donald...really
08-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Another option: If meeting at 5:30 or 6:00 will be a problem for people with early seating (doesn't early seating start around 6:00? Not sure.) we could meet immediately after the life boat drill, at around 4:30 or 4:45 at Signals. Leave your muster station, go back to your room to drop off the life jacket, then head for Signals. This way we will all be up on deck for the start of the sail away party.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

nordkin
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Another option: If meeting at 5:30 or 6:00 will be a problem for people with early seating (doesn't early seating start around 6:00? Not sure.) we could meet immediately after the life boat drill, at around 4:30 or 4:45 at Signals. Leave your muster station, go back to your room to drop off the life jacket, then head for Signals. This way we will all be up on deck for the start of the sail away party.

This works for us. Since it is my mother's first cruise I don't want her to miss the sail away party or the show the first night.

dan and scott
08-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Sounds good to us too-now if I only remember!

Dan

nordkin
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Let's make it official -- meet at Signals between 4:30 and 4:45.

donald...really
08-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Not to make this complicated, but I think we should pick an alternative indoor spot in case of bad weather. On one of our cruises they cancelled the sail away party because of rain and high winds. I would hate for us to either a) be standing outside in horrible weather trying to chat and be friendly, or b) not be able to meet and then spend the remainder of the cruise wondering who the other "friends of Dorothy" are.

Also, do we have a list of the people we are expecting?

rcostello1
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
There will be no bad weather on MY cruise so I don't know what you're talking about. :) If it happens to be pouring rain and sunshine at the same time (as it was on Sunday) we can slip into Cove Cafe, no?

I haven't been on the Wonder in ages...

dan and scott
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
There will be no bad weather on MY cruise so I don't know what you're talking about. :) If it happens to be pouring rain and sunshine at the same time (as it was on Sunday) we can slip into Cove Cafe, no?

I haven't been on the Wonder in ages...

Sounds good to me-if it is raining then lets meet in the Cove Cafe which is Deck 9 Forward port side.

4:30-4:45

Dan

nordkin
08-15-2006, 05:38 PM
I agree about Cove Cafe if it is raining. I will post the list of people tomorrow when I have access to the spreadsheet on my work computer.

donald...really
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
NOW I am getting excited! Can't wait!

nordkin
08-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Here is who we have that I know of:

PeterPanFanWDW
donald...really - Donald, Scott, and Pam
Nordkin - Donna, Joi, Mom Katherine, daughter Alessa rooms 2122 and 2124
DanandScott - Dan and Scott room 2639
Rcostello - Robb, Larry room 2024 Sharon, Bob room 2026 Barbara room 7623
tde1969 - Tim, Bill, and Billy room 5636

Did I miss anyone?

We will meet between 4:30 and 4:45 at Signals on deck 10 and if it is raining at the Cove Cafe right after the lifeboat drill.

nordkin
08-20-2006, 12:57 PM
If I missed you or if you are on the list and are not going to meet us at Signals, let us know It is getting very close.

rcostello1
08-20-2006, 11:28 PM
The two of us will be there, doubt any of the rest will be. I might throw them overboard. Perhaps I can get a new stateroom and not give any of them the number...has anyone decided on excursions? I have done NO research which is completely unlike me. I plan on just showing up, hopefully with the right clothes.

I feel accomplished that I have hotel and car reservations, well, at least to get to the port. Haven't found anything decent for coming back so might take a shuttle dunno--hate not having a car. Was researching MNSSHP and going to stick with 9/29. Figure we will be tired from being up early traveling on 9/15.

Is anyone shipping stuff down? I did that last year for the repo. Sent some wine and odd and ends. I have to find my wine shippers...I need a personal assistant :).

FBWOOF2
08-22-2006, 12:24 AM
GREETINGS TO ALL....JUST BOOKED THE CRUISE THIS EVENING (MONDAY) AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT....WILL BE CELEBRATING MY BDAY THEN....SENSE IT IS MY PRESENT...LOVE TO MEET UP WITH ALL.....LET ME KNOW DROP ME SOME EMAIL...WOOF.....TRAVIS :cool1:

dan and scott
08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome Travis-WOOF to you! ;)

Dan

tde1969
08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Glad to have you on board Travis. Three weeks and counting, boy I can't wait...

nordkin
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
OK Guys, I feel like it is official now that I finally received our documents today. I am looking forward to meeting those of you I don't know. See you soon.

Donna

FBWOOF2
08-28-2006, 11:13 PM
AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE AND ENJOYING THIS CRUISE...AGAIN HAVE NEVER DONE THE DISNEY CRUISE SO IT SHOULD BE FUN FOR ME.....BESIDES....IT IS THE PLACE FOR A MAGICAL MOMENT...NO DOUBT....HUGS TO ALL.....WOOF...... :goofy: :ccat: :mickeyjum

dan and scott
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Its almost time!

See everyone at 4:30pm at Signals!

Dan

nordkin
09-08-2006, 03:44 PM
See you there.

rcostello1
09-09-2006, 12:46 AM
OK in the past seven days i have bought um 9 pair of shoes? :) DSW was having a sale. I'm only bringing 3... :) sandals, oh and dress shoes for the tux and shoes for the gym and shoes for the water...hmm...

all plans go to hell...i was going to send some stuff down so i didn't have to drag it on the plane but never got around to that. oh well...but i think it will be packing the least amount of clothes ever. that will be a challenge...

dropping the dogs off as i speak, er uh, write. in PA at the in-laws and the doggies will be here until october :sad: whatever will i do without the children this week?!?!

anyway i can start freaking out on monday...nothing has been to the cleaners, blablabla...work is too busy...is it january yet?

i hate capitalizing......

FBWOOF2
09-09-2006, 12:54 AM
SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE.....SEE ....YA THERE.....
party:

MikeNDave
09-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Just found this board. My partner Dave and I will be on this sailing as well. It will be nice to meet up with everyone.

nordkin
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Glad to have you aboard. Please join us at Signals on deck 10 at 4:30 to 4:45 for a greet and meet. (right after the life boat drill) I am looking forward to meeting you.

FBWOOF2
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM
AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE.....SHOULD BE ALOT OF FUN.....WOOF.... pooh: pooh: pooh:

FBWOOF2
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
YES GANG THE COUNT DOWN OFFICIAL HAS BEGUN....IM GETTING SO EXCITED CANT WAIT......WOOF..... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

dan and scott
09-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome aboard guys!

I am officially on vacation!

Dan

M4travels
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Wishing all of you a wonderful cruise!

Michael

MikeNDave
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks, Michael

We just bought at Saratoga Springs this past July...we are looking forward to using it. Are there any other Vacation Club members here as well?

rcostello1
09-13-2006, 12:17 AM
We have DVC...we are cruising on points. Finally did some packing tonight, guess that means I'm going on vacation. Can't find the snorkel stuff though, dunno where it went after the last cruise. Oh well! We have goggles but no air tube, bummer. Many things to do before we go!

donald...really
09-13-2006, 09:28 AM
There is an entire thread on this board about fellow DVC members. We own at OKW, Saratoga, and VB.

We have some serious packing to do in the next two days. We are heading down Friday after work and staying two nights at OKW before the cruise. After all of this waiting I can't believe we are only a few days away! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

dan and scott
09-13-2006, 01:12 PM
We also own DVC-all of our points are at Boardwalk.
Staying there before the cruise.

dan

rcostello1
09-13-2006, 02:33 PM
OK I am way too cheap on my points to stay at DVC on a Friday. I would do it if I were there the whole weekend, or a week (we are doing Thu-Sun at OKW when we come back). I'm staying at All Star for $60. I figure that is equivalent to 6 or so points vs whatever they want for a Friday. It's just for sleeping anyway. We will be in Cocoa on Saturday night. I don't want to drive Sun AM...

Donald where are your pups going while you're gone? Ours are in PA. The house is very quiet...and I can take a shortcut into the kitchen that is normally blocked... :) there is no one to talk to when I get home...it's very different!

donald...really
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
The pugs go back to the breeder where we got them. They LOVE it there. The breeders only pug-sit for the dogs that they bred. They live on a big farm in New Hampshire so the boys spend tons of time outside running around. Their mom and dad and some of their brothers and sisters are there for them to play with (they have 12 pugs).

mickeyfan1
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey Donald, I love your pugs! I also come down to Newburyport for work once in a while. And I have a pug and live in New Hampshire. So this must be 6 degrees of seperation!

rcostello1
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
We have a pug-chihuahua (and a chihuahua).

mickeyfan1
09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
We have a pug-chihuahua (and a chihuahua).

How cute, I have never seen a Chug! Puggles can be cute too. Chi was on my short list when I decided to get a comapnion dog, but my pug came up at the SPCA first and he is the king here, for sure.

MikeNDave
09-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Nice dogs! It will be great to meet up with everyone next week!

tde1969
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Love the Dogs. Our baby is going to the vet. She boards dog's on the side and I figure that she will be able to take care of any problem that comes up.

OK I so am ready to go. Bill and I are flying out tomorrow and going to his aunt's house in Orlando. Then Sunday she will drive us to the port. I can't wait to meet everyone. It's going to be a great trip. Is anyone going to WDW after the cruise?? We are staying at AKL till Sunday when we get back.

dan and scott
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Tomorrow morning we take our baby (Fantasia) to the puppy spa on the way to the Columbus airport. We should be in sunny Orlando by 2:30pm.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Dan

nordkin
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
We are flying out Saturday and staying at the Residence Inn by the port. After we return we are staying at the Beach Club until Sunday. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing those we know again.

Donna

FBWOOF2
09-15-2006, 02:16 PM
well Like Everyone Else......am Counting Down The Days....mints.....hrs....lol.....oh Just Counting...lol...so Looking Forward To Meeting Everyone.....dont Live That Far From The Port So Will Be Dropped Off SUNDAY In The Morning...friend Is Taking Me There....so I Dont Have To Pay To Park....gets Costly When The Trip Is This Long....so Hope All Have A Safe Trip In And See You Soon....p.s. If Your Flying In...orlando Area Is Having Storms Every Afternoon....just A Heads Up On That One....be Safe.....woof :mickeyjum :donald: :ccat: :tigger: :sulley: :goofy: :figment: :simba: :stitch:

rcostello1
09-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey Nordkin we are also at the Residence Inn...hmm did you bring a laptop to send DIS messages??? :) We are here...

What time should we be at the port? I'm planning to return the car to Avis by 10am and we can take their shuttle. Hmm, maybe I should get to Avis a little earlier, never know how busy their shuttle will be. Haven't used them since they moved to a new location (reading DCL Tribute website)...going to investigate in a bit.

Hmm, maybe if I call the front desk and ask for Nordkin.......... :) hehehe

mickeyfan1
09-17-2006, 04:59 PM
We stayed in the Residence Inn in June, used Avis, turned the car in at 1pm and got on the ship at 1:15 or so, no wait, 2 shuttles. Same after the cruise, we were on the first shuttle to Avis, got there at 8am or so.

nordkin
10-01-2006, 04:01 PM
We got back home today and had a wonderful time. It was so nice to meet some of you and start new friendships.

FBWOOF2
10-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Greetings...all....just A Quick Note To Say Hello To Those That I/we Met (meaning Bill And Myself)......it Was A Great Trip And Now I Know Why Everyone Loves The Disney Cruises What A Blast....as For Bill's Fall....(yes His Hip Is Fractured) No There Is No Surgery Needed Just 6 To 8 Wks On Crutches...hurray.....but All Else Is Fine....hope Everyone Made It Home Safe...and Lets All Keep In Touch.....hugs To All...woof...(travis)