PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for a Disney song themed album?

mouseclick1
09-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I have been thinking about how I want to scrap our February trip to WDW, and thought maybe a song themed album would be different. I have a few ideas, but not enough to create an entire scrapbook! Here's what I've come up with so far:

"Be Our Guest" - our dining photos from various restuarants
"Wish Upon a Star" :wizard: - Wishes fireworks
"Hakuna Matata" - lounging around the pool, swimming
I can also match up songs that go directly with rides, such as Pirates of the Caribbean pirate: , Peter Pan, Small World, etc...

Does anyone have suggestions that match a particular song with an activity or place at WDW?

scrapcreator
09-25-2005, 11:45 AM
No ideas, but I LOVE your idea.

You could put a CD of the songs in the album :cool1:

Jeanne

piratesmate
09-25-2005, 12:07 PM
"A Whole New World" - for some sort of overview page
"Never Had a Friend Like You" - for photos with fave characters, or you with SO or your children, etc
"Cinderellie" - for castle
"Bear/Bare Necessities" or "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - for room photos
"Little Black Rain Cloud" - rainy day
"Rumbly in my Tumbly" - for snacks
"Trashin' the Camp" - talking trashcans

mouseclick1
09-25-2005, 12:09 PM
You could put a CD of the songs in the album :cool1:

Jeanne

That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that!

I thought of another one - The Mickey Mouse song for all of our Mickey photos.

I'm specifically trying to think of songs for the following-
Something to use for villians
Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Boardwalk
Something that might cover both the Haunted Mansion & Tower of Terror?

mouseclick1
09-25-2005, 12:13 PM
"A Whole New World" - for some sort of overview page
"Never Had a Friend Like You" - for photos with fave characters, or you with SO or your children, etc
"Cinderellie" - for castle
"Bear/Bare Necessities" or "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - for room photos
"Little Black Rain Cloud" - rainy day
"Rumbly in my Tumbly" - for snacks
"Trashin' the Camp" - talking trashcans

Thanks, these are great! "Never had a friend like you" - Is that the Genie song from Aladdin?

tubachick
09-25-2005, 12:30 PM
One of our trips was a road trip to WDW and the cover page is the song from the goofy movie.

I love the other song ideas posted here too!!

piratesmate
09-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes - "Never had a friend like you" is from Aladdin.

Villains - "Poor Unfortunate Souls" or "Cruella de Vil" (sp?) or the Oogie Boogie song from Nightmare before Christmas - I don't have the words or correct title. Sorry. :(

AKL - Unfortunately my favorite has no words...the Tree of Life area music is awesome! I wish I'd thought to get a CD of some of the lobby music! I'd be tempted to use "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" if nothing else comes up for this one.

So far for the Boardwalk all I can think of is the non-Disney song "Under the Boardwalk" - and I can't get it out of my head! :rotfl2:

WDWMom
09-26-2005, 08:27 AM
So far for the Boardwalk all I can think of is the non-Disney song "Under the Boardwalk" - and I can't get it out of my head! :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably be singing it all day. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

goofymom/pop
09-26-2005, 09:00 AM
as would "a spoonful of sugar"...maybe for a rainy day or riding a scary ride

How about something from Pochantas for AK

Sounds really cute!!

lewdyan1
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Grim Grinning Ghost is the theme song for the Haunted Mansion.

I love all of the ones you ladies have come up with so far! :goodvibes

mouseclick1
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You guys are really helping me out! I wasn't sure if I could pull off a complete album based on songs, but I now I think I might be able to do it! :earsboy:

"under the Boardwalk" has also been stuck in my head. Still trying to think of something Disneyish, but I can always use that as a back-up if I can't come up with anything else. Though I do think I'll stray from Disney for a bit and do "Walk ths Way" for Rock-n-Rollercoaster, our favorite ride!

mrp4352
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Though I do think I'll stray from Disney for a bit and do "Walk ths Way" for Rock-n-Rollercoaster, our favorite ride!

For that, you could use their Disney-fied (kind of) version: Love on a Roller Coaster!

What about Davy Crockett's song for Frontierland?
A bit of a stretch would be the Digging song from Snow White while you're digging in your wallet for souvineers...

Queenie
09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
For Tower of Terror you could use an old 40's song, maybe one of the songs that plays in the lobby like "We'll Meet Again".

I love your idea though!

dreamgirl
09-28-2005, 06:14 PM
For Boardwalk how about the song from Lilo and Stitch
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride. I know Boardwalk isn't set up like Hawaii, but the real boardwalk usually has roller coasters.

cmputerdazed
09-30-2005, 12:20 AM
What a great idea I am going steal it. I hope that is ok. Does anyone know where you can find the words to the songs? Also one of my favorites is "Never smile at a crocidle, never tip your hat and stop to talk a while, don't be taken in my his .....grin, he's imagining how well you fit with in his skin." etc. what could I use that one for?

mouseclick1
09-30-2005, 07:09 AM
What a great idea I am going steal it. I hope that is ok. Does anyone know where you can find the words to the songs? Also one of my favorites is "Never smile at a crocidle, never tip your hat and stop to talk a while, don't be taken in my his .....grin, he's imagining how well you fit with in his skin." etc. what could I use that one for?

I did a google search on "Disney Lyrics" and was able to find quite a few good sites. I also typed in specific song titles to get harder to find lyrics (Grim Grinning Ghosts). Hmmm, not sure how to use those lyrics, but I'll keep thinking!

Here are a couple of links I found:

http://www.stlyrics.com/c/classicdisney.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/7840/select.htm

cmputerdazed
09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
This is great we are going in October can't wait. Thanks