PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Air -- Assigned seating?

BrerMama
09-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Do you assign your seats when you buy tickets with Midwest? Or is it Open Seating/check-in at the airport? We're debating Southwest, Midwest or Air Tran. SW or Midwest, we'd have to drive about 3 1/2 hours to the airport, but we'd have a nonstop flight (with 3 kids, this would be a huge blessing for us). I'm willing to pay a bit more for Midwest flights if I don't have to stress about open seating. Air Tran flies out of our hometown, but the only non-stop day/time doesn't work for us. And no assigned seating until check-in for the fare we'd use. So Midwest is winning if I can get my seat assignments when purchasing. TIA!

safetymom
09-25-2005, 10:07 AM
With Air Tran if you check in at the 24 hour mark before your flight the plane is pretty open for getting your seats.

KathylovesPooh
09-25-2005, 10:27 AM
BrerMama, we are big fans of Midwest Airlines and have flown them often. All their seats are assigned when you purchase them. You can even go on-line if you need to change them or want to see how full the plane is (after you have made your reservation).

Typically their flights to Orlando are 2 across / aisle / 3 across which sounds like it would work well with you. I would encourage you to call their #800 if you need more help with seating questions as they have always been most helpful.

Good luck.

Dan Murphy
09-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Another BIG fan of Midwest. I live about 10 minutes from O'Hare, but drive about an hour north to use Midwest. Using them Tuesday for a business trip to Las Vegas, definitely not my favorite destination, but Midwest makes it a bit easier to accept. Always assigned seating, though I get there well before flight time to get an exit row....tall guy here, and they won't pre-assign exit rows except to the most frequent flyer group. I fly them 3 or 4 trips a year, always great.