PDA

View Full Version : Rehearsal Dinner/ Welcome Party

JonetteA
09-24-2005, 07:41 PM
My future MIL wants to have a private room rehearsal dinner b/c we are also calling it a welcome dinner everyone is invited...over 70 people. Has anyone done this? Where did you? What was your theme, and what was your menu?

Thanks!

Jonette

pixie08
09-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Jonette-

I think it depends on how moch per person she wants to spend. A lot of the signature resort rest. have private rooms ( cali gril, citricos, jiko etc) as well as a small room at one of the convention centers!

twojo21
09-25-2005, 12:42 AM
my mil is planning our rehearsal dinner at the wilderness lodge either the whispering canyon or artist point for 15, still waiting for additional info from my em & the restaurants. but no private room there. we plan on doing a hayride afterwards. so the rd is western, wilderness themed.

were also hosting a seperate welcome dinner on sunday for all our guests at a private room at dtd's rainforest cafe for 60. were having the cha chas menu $38/adult $10.50/child & the theme is rainforest & animals.

for 70 your best bet is talking to your em about what locations can work for you, plus it can get moderate to expensive. for a private room dinner your best bet would be at one of the convention centers yc, bwi, gf or ariels at the bc, an illuminations dessert party outside or the living seas lounge at epcot. the california grill napa room has a 50 person limit & the attic at the bwi has a 60 person limit & jiko only holds 40. you might also check out some of the dtd locations like rainforest cafe, disney quest, etc or the swan. as for open nonprivate room restaurants check out ohanas, one of the buffets like chef mickeys which is like $20pp or one of the dinner shows hoop dee do revue or the poly luau which can accomodate large groups.

best of luck with your plans.

hmgolden
09-25-2005, 08:43 AM
You could have a dessert party (or and an entire dinner) at the GF Marina- and get to watch Wishes...

We had our rehearsal dinner in one of the ballrooms of the Boardwalk. We kept the menu simple and had a BBQ menu - Disney style. It was fabulous!

Your EM will be able to give you tons of ideas - does you MIL have a budget in mind? That will help narrow the choices.

JonetteA
09-25-2005, 12:02 PM
That's part of the problem. She has not set the budget yet. But what Disney sent her was over $110 per person for a salad, chicken, and dessert I guess. I told her not to freak, that there were things we could do to drop down the cost. Personally, I think the best bet would be to have a rehearsal dinner for just the bridal party, and have an appetizer party for everyone else out at the marina at the GF.

steph42421
09-26-2005, 09:44 AM
We Are Also Planning On Having A Large "welcome Dinner".
We Haven't Rec'd Any Info On Pricing Yet.
I Can't Believe It Was $110 A Person. That Is Almost As Expensive As The Wedding.
We Are Going To Wait To See The Options Disney Has But We Were Thinking About Having It Somewhere Off Site And Then Renting A Charter Bus.

*DisneyBride*
09-26-2005, 09:51 AM
We've decided to combined our welcome party/rehearsal dinner and just have a dessert party during Illuminations the night before the wedding. Everyone will have park hoppers, so it eliminates the $12.50 viewing fee, so it end up being about $25/person for the food. Not bad and it's a great experience. We're doing it on the UK Lower Terrace

JoD
09-26-2005, 12:05 PM
We had our rehearsal dinner at the boardwalk ( Cape May ) bridal party and spouses etc, then we had a dessert party in Epcot for everyone immediately following.

Codie
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
We had our rehearsal/welcome dinner at the Park Fare 1900 before our rehearsal at the WP. We had about 40 people and they closed off the back room for just us--it was very cool. Our EM helped my mil book it and get it set up. We were also able to use our disney dining experience cards, which took a chunk out of the price!1

Luvndisney
09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
codie - do you mind me asking how much per person park fare is? thats what i want to do for my rehearsal as well.

thanks

Codie
09-27-2005, 03:42 PM
codie - do you mind me asking how much per person park fare is? thats what i want to do for my rehearsal as well.

thanks

I don't know definitely--I think it was $24.95 per person (excluding alcohol) and then we had the 20% off disney dining experience. Children were like half price.