PDA

View Full Version : Best month for WDW

Coloradogrl
09-24-2005, 03:02 PM
What is the best month to get married in WDW? We were thinking of January and Feburary. January 07' is kinda of a special month for us we will be together 8 years and that is the first time he told me he was falling love with me. I want to avoid hurricane season but I was wondering because Orlando is so inland if it would matter?

kegafford
09-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I vote for Dec only becasue of the temp that time of year second if you do it the first 2 weeks and middle of the thrid week it will be cheaper for you and your guest to stay. It is rank as value season at that time. 3 rd no hurricanes at that time. 4 th the weather can be cold cool or even warm at that time. 5th there is less likley to be so full at the parks and such :)

Coloradogrl
09-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I talked to someone that said if I do it in the first part of Feb. it will still be value season and alittle better weather. Maybe I will look at doing that. I really looked at Dec but I want to give people a little break in between the hoildays

TNdisneymom
09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
My daughter got married Jan 2, 2004. We had a beautiful day, got to enjoy all the Christmas decorations and it was in value season! My husband and I are planning a Vow Renewal in Feb 2006. May is also a great time , before it gets too hot or crowded.

hiwaygal
09-25-2005, 01:47 PM
I had to vote for September!!!

We just got back and it was fabulous for many reasons:

1. It's value season (so lower rates)

2. There were NO CROWDS!

3. The weather was really good (okay, a little hot and humid) but it made the summer last a little longer for us! :)

No matter what time you pick...it will be the best!!! :)

disney13
09-25-2005, 02:38 PM
August cause we got married in August!!!

Andy :teeth:

Coloradogrl
09-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Does a Hurricane ever really "Hit" WDW

hmgolden
09-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I would vote for April for the Flower & Garden Fesitval at Epcot, and I think the weather is pretty nice during April. You should consider your guests when picking a date as well. We ended up getting married at the end of June so that my relatives with kids wouldn't need to be pulling the kids out of school to come.

As for the hurricanes - I know that several brides had their weddings affected by the hurricanes last year. I dont think that's the norm, but it does happen. But some of the best advice I got when planning our wedding was not to worry about the weather. Its the one thing you really have no control over!

AnnaBelle06
09-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Yes, the hurricanes DO hit Orlando. I was here last year for the 3 that came through. I just moved down here & all the locals told me not to worry that they never hit Orlando, but we seemed to have gotten them all last year, but don’t let that worry you. I think the hurricanes mostly hit the Key’s & Miami as they come through. I think it was just my bad luck that we got hit with 3 last year. Plus, this year (knock on wood) we have not gotten hit yet….

June 1st through November 30th is Hurricane Season. I can tell you that the BEST time down here in Orlando for good weather is Feb & March. It's in the Mid to High 70's & beautiful out! All the flowers are starting to bloom & everything.

We are having our wedding in Sept., because it's still warm out, but the temps start to drop down in the evenings. However, I can tell you that most of the Floridians get married down here in Oct. because of the nice weather as well. If I could wait until 2007 I would have my wedding in March.

Codie
09-26-2005, 02:29 PM
My favorite time in the world to go to Disney is mid-October. But I got married in September and everyone is right--anytime you pick will be perfect!

fun2bmomof3
09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Hiwaygal, what time was your wedding? We were staying at at the Beach Club Villas during that time and I think I may have seen your wedding. We seen three weddings during our week stay; one at the yahtclub gazebo on Saturday the 17th, one at Sea breeze point on Tuesday the 20th, and one while our tram was stuck in front of the pavillion on wed, the 14th.
I also encountered a very happy bride outside of beachclub and I think that may have been on the 20th as well, but unsure now.

I couldn't help but wonder each time I seen a wedding, bride or just someone wearing the wedding ears if it was someone from on here.
I'm so looking forward to our vow renewal next year.

Anyway contrats to all those recently wed or just about to be wed.

crissy

Coloradogrl
09-28-2005, 06:07 PM
I would like to thank you all for your input. It has really helped!

TENIA66
09-28-2005, 06:38 PM
all of them!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: