PDA

View Full Version : Picture mats

KCMiller
09-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Has anyone ever brought a mat for the characters to sign, and if you did, how did it work out? Was it difficult for the characters to sign it? Was it hard to tote around?

Thanks much,

KC :sunny:

onedisneylover
09-24-2005, 12:12 PM
hm....that sounds pretty cool...never thought of doing that!!!

i don't think it would be too hard to tote around. just put it into some sort of accordian file or a ziploc bag...although in the ziploc bag, it might get bent up. the accordian file will provide some stability for it, and all the other stuff you might collect along the way.

Honeybehr1
09-24-2005, 01:06 PM
I would think it wouldnt be sturdy enough for the character to sign. They are use to thick backings like in an autograph book
Maybe put something behind when you hand it to the character :confused3

Marypoppinsiam
09-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I know that on the disney cruise line people have done this idea, but there you can leave your photomat at guest relations the first night and then at the end of the cruise you pick it up with all the characters signatures on it. I have seen some of the photomats at the parks most have been 8x10. You could get a couple of photomats for example, one for the fab 5, princesses, pooh and friends ect... just a couple of ideas. :goodvibes

KCMiller
09-25-2005, 10:03 PM
I saw this done at a wedding I went to recently. They had a mat, and all the guests signed it, and then they put the wedding picture in it. It was like an 11x14 mat, and only a 5x7 picture, so there was lots of room for signatures.

I may do this at our CP dinner - and get a picture of my family and Pooh!

ksjayhawks
09-25-2005, 10:07 PM
You will need to choose a frame carefully. You need one so that the edges of the map are visible. Otherwise if the characters sign too close to the edge, part of the name will be cut off when you frame it. :flower:

KCMiller
09-26-2005, 08:45 AM
You will need to choose a frame carefully. You need one so that the edges of the map are visible. Otherwise if the characters sign too close to the edge, part of the name will be cut off when you frame it. :flower:

Well, I had a thought about that - what about if you 'frame' the mat and picture between two pieces of glass with clips? That way, you could also put other things in, like ticket stubs, maps with the location of the picture circled, a little pixie dust . . . if the mat was smaller than the glass, that is.

I feel crafty!

ksjayhawks
09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
The glass mats with clips would look good--nothing would get cut off and you could add all sorts of stuff like you said. We had a mat done for an anniversary of ours and when I put it in a regular frame, it cut off a lot of the signatures, so I had to go on a hunt for the perfect frame that it would fit in. Thank goodness for michaels coupons! :flower:

havencruiser
09-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I think the mat idea is great! However, I would draw a pencil margin around the edges and Pencil in the words "do not sign here" along each edge. YOu would then avoid the worry of having the characters' signatures extend underneath the edge of the frame.

Marypoppinsiam
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't have thought about the framing part of it. I really like the idea of the glass with clips. I too love the Micheal coupons!! :cool1:

Drnifer
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I did a photo mat on my June trip. My brother wasn't able to go with us, so I put photos of him with the princesses princess: and villains pirate: (his favorites!) and had them all sign by their pictures. It turned out AWESOME and everyone in line with us thought it was such a great idea. I only took the mat, so it was light to carry. We made sure we kept it wrapped in 3 or 4 plastic bags because it poured every day! I even found a frame that it fit into (11X14, I think) that had mickeys in the corner. My brother has it displayed on his t.v. and everyone who comes over comments on it!

P.S. I also took an 8X10 mat (for a 5X7 picture) and had the characters at the Crystal Palace sign it. The characters took extra time adding designs, and Eeyore even drew a picture of himself on it. I put a group picture of us with the characters and I look at it every day when I'm missing Disney :sad1:

Marypoppinsiam
09-26-2005, 07:00 PM
I really think the photomat is a wonderful thing to do. I think that is what we are going to do for our cruise.