PDA

View Full Version : Autographs for SB?? How BIG?

kaddjr
09-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I am trying to put a sb/autograph book together for each of my children. It was suggested to me on this board to do tags for the autographs. I'm using 7x7 books. I started to play with making the tags and was wondering, how small is too small? I'm just worried if I make them too small, the characters won't be able to fit their signatures on them. On the other side of the coin, I don't want them too large, since I'm working with the 7x7. Any suggestions?

piratesmate
09-24-2005, 08:23 AM
The autograph books you buy at WDW are about 5 5/8" wide & 4 1/8" wide. And while the characters obviously can't sign all the way to the edges many of them nearly filled the space with "Love to" DD's name and swirls, etc....especially the princesses. DD would have been happy with just their names, but this makes it so much more personal & special.

I've scanned them & incorporated them into my 12x12 book but have often re-sized them down to fit more on a page. That might work for your 7x7 - just for overall size. Just a thought.

onedisneylover
09-24-2005, 08:42 AM
ok, i can't stress this enough...

i have brought the blank scrapbooks for them to sign, thinking that i could scrap around the autograph. i wish i could find them to scan them for you to show you what i mean...but..........they took up the majority of the page. or in an awkward place on it.

this is what i would strongly suggest...making the page and having a "set" place where they could sign. this will be better for you in the end.

especially being the small nature of the book you are working on, i would just bring blank paper and scan and size it to the lo that you make for the book.

piratesmate
09-24-2005, 09:51 AM
OK - I've posted a scan of Cinderella's autograph that illustrates the point. I've left the edges of the blue book cover visible so you can see the actual page size. On the left side is the cover page.

http://www.geocities.com/rineharts2003/CinderellaSmall2.JPG

Some of the CMs will just fill all available space - others not so much.

kaddjr
09-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Okay. I see- that's what I was afraid of and I didn't want something too small. So really at this point, because I have two to do, my choices are a couple of cheap scrapbooks to get the autos to scan later or just haul the two I have now down and use 1 page for the auto. We leave next Saturday and depending on how much I work next week (I sub), I may be able to at least get some paper on the pages...Hmmm, that means I need some more paper, which means a Michaels or Joans run... :rotfl:

Thanks for the advice ladies! :)

Marypoppinsiam
09-25-2005, 09:28 AM
I am using an 8x8 album for the autograph book. I am making tags approx. 4x7 size. So on one side is the picture with the character and on the other side is the tag autograph. Basically all I have to do once we get home is to adhere the pic to the photomat and then the book is completed.

Good luck and have a great vacation!! :cheer2:

BernardandMissBianca
09-25-2005, 03:07 PM
I cut a bunch of card stock in 3x5 and I'm doing 6x6 books. They worked out really well, just bring something hard to write on.

Marypoppinsiam
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I am bringing a small clipboard. I thought of tying the pen to the clipboard so I would know where the pen is at all times. I know the characters want the big fat pens, but what kind - sharpie or the standard disney pen? :confused3