PDA

View Full Version : Keepsake Floral Inc?

kellykins
09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Has anybody used the keepsake floral company for preserve their bouquet. I think it such a next idea and the pictures on there web site are beautiful so I was just interested in hearing from people that have used them.

::MickeyMo

AnnaBelle06
09-23-2005, 01:44 PM
My friend used them to preserve her bouquet. It looks really good!!

Go for it! :cheer2:

gradtchr
09-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I just got my bouquet back and was very pleased.

http://www.freewebs.com/gradtchr/preservedbouquet.htm

kellykins
09-23-2005, 03:06 PM
gradtchr,
I love the picture of your cat looking in the box. I have 3 cats and I know they would looking a box like that and wonder whats in it for them. :-)

You bouquet is beautiful!

Do you feel it was worth the money?

gradtchr
09-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes I definitely feel that it was worth the money. It was something that I knew that I would really treasure for years to come. I had been really worried about paying almost 800 dollars for it and not liking it so when I got it my stomach was nearly in my throat. It wasn't quite what I expected but I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting so it worked. They did a great job with the preservation and the colors are still very vibrant. This was one of the items I don't regret doing (ok I don't regret anything but not inviting more people) and if I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I would.

I've only had it two days and it holds a special place on my wall. Now I need to order my enlargements of pictures so they can join in on the special wall. :)

AnnaBelle06
09-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Grandtchr ~ I love your bouquet! What were your wedding colors?

gradtchr
09-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm bad I didn't have any set colors. Dennis wore a maroon shirt and my dress had a navy trim so we built on that. My MOH picked her own outfit which was super cute and lime green with other dots mixed in on the skirt, and our BM wore a turquoise shirt that was the same style as Dennis's.

My flowers were supposed to be pastel but the week before the wedding my grandfather passed away and I e-mailed Disney Floral and asked if they could make my flowers a vibrant, bright, color because I knew that would be easier for me to see and smile at. They did and the results absolutely blew me away, and the flowers went so much better with my dress than pastels would have. :)

WithDisneySpirit
09-24-2005, 09:40 AM
That is amazing! They turned out beautiful; do they guarantee the colors won't fade? I know I would be in shock to spend $800 to preserve it :earseek:

gradtchr
09-24-2005, 09:43 AM
The flowers do change colors in the drying process. I'm not sure how it will look 20 years down the road but I'm ready to find out. :)

pixie08
09-24-2005, 12:23 PM
My dh2b also just used them for our engagement. He made a message in a bottle and proposed on the beach at the poly during wishes. When we got back to the hotel there were pink roses everywhere.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/marymerges/gallery_033.jpg

This the set up we chose (even the same frame) Mine will have pink roses and in place of the pic will be the poem he had hand calligraphed on parchment! I should be getting it anyday so i will post w/ the pics of the final product. They are pricey but they were a pleasure to work with and you have a memory preserved for lifetime- that is priceless

gradtchr- your bouqet looks gorgeous! Congrats!

LittleBlackRaincloud
09-26-2005, 02:17 AM
I had been really worried about paying almost 800 dollars for it and not liking it so when I got it my stomach was nearly in my throat.

Your keepsake is beautiful! I am planning on using them also, and was shocked when I read that you paid almost $800 for it. I have their brochure and price list, and it looked like even the most expensive one is around $500. I must be missing something somewhere, and really want to make sure that I'm not overlooking something. Would you mind breaking down the cost for me? I'm lost and would really appreciate your help! I want to make sure I budget enough. Thanks!

gradtchr
09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
I wish I could help with the breakdown but I can't as I am not exactly sure how it was broken down myself.

We paid the deposit, the however much for them to pick it up from the resort, and when I got home and talked tot hem it was an additional 430 dollars for the frame, preservation, replacement flowers for those that did not make it, and extra ribbon.

gradtchr
09-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I went and looked at credit card statements and my charges from them. It was acutally a little over 700 instead of 800 but still a lot of money that was so worth spending on it.

LittleBlackRaincloud
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I absolutely agree that it was money well spent...I just want to make sure I save enough money myself to spend on it! :rolleyes1 It is beautiful, and I think it makes a wonderful heirloom. Thanks for checking on the breakdown for me. I hope you don't mind one more question! :blush: What size exactly is your keepsake?

Heather

gradtchr
09-26-2005, 11:53 AM
I think it's a 12x16 :)