PDA

View Full Version : Purging Paper!

Spinning
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I have more paper than i know what to do with! Paper I personally hate! Paper I got in goodie bags, paper I bought cause it was cheep! Pattern paper! WOw I must have been into squares! I have small ones large ones all different colors in the same square patter! :rotfl2:
I went through and pulled out all my single sheets, and all kinds! Almost 125 sheets! Will give it to my dd to cut and use! Now I have more paper space! LOL!

MissBubbles
09-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I haven't done this, but I really need to. My biggest paper purge this year was to organize all my scrap paper into folders and put in a big tub.

havencruiser
09-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I need to have a paper purge as well. Anybody know of a scrapbooking club or some such thing in the suburban Philadelphia area (Delaware County) who could use extra paper?

goofymom/pop
09-23-2005, 01:43 PM
on printed paper that is.....i usually like the smaller prints or something that isn't so apparent...like a bunch of roses on the paper wouldnt appeal to me, but something in a pattern in the color of roses would. So I have really gotten choosey about paper purchases. But oh boy give me a good cardstock sale....look out!!!

pfishgirl
09-23-2005, 02:28 PM
OMG you are all making me :faint:
I wouldn't be able just to Purge my paper :sad:
I even keep small scraps, cause you never know when you will need them.. :banana:

sooo anyone want to donate me their extras ?? :rolleyes1

Spinning
09-23-2005, 02:31 PM
How long have you been scrapping?
I use to be the same way! But my taste has changed so much! I htink I have been scrapping now 5 plus years!
Believe me it was hard to do! I went through each paper taker (3) (which is only pattern paper!They were stuffed! ) 4 times. Each time I would take our a few more sheets. It was hard! But I have so much more room to buy the paper I really like now!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

pfishgirl
09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
I still have not completed 1 album yet.. I just started actually scrapping about a year ago. I have always bought the supplies (on sale) and just never forced myself to start using what I bought. :teeth: I do have about 15 pages done and a Bazillion more to go.. :rolleyes:

Yazlow
09-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I have a friend who belongs to a group called Soldiers Angels (http://www.soldiersangels.com/ ) as well as Operation Military Pride (http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/ ) and AnySoldier (http://www.anysoldier.com/ ). These three great places provide troops with supporters from all over the place. As supporters, they adopt the soldiers, send letters, cards, and care packages.

Currently on Soldiers Angels, they have a card team. They get requests everyday for cards for support, congrats, encourgagement, thank yous, birthdays, holidays etc. They only have about 150 or so people on the card team.

In the past few days they have gotten many requests for cards to send to our troops. She has also gotten request from units for decorated blank cards, so the soldiers have something to send home to their families. Her goal is to make enough cards to fill two flat rate boxes each month. One of the biggest requests she has for this year is for 20,000 Christmas cards that will be going to wounded soldiers in combat hospitals everywhere, another request is for 200 encouragement cards that will be going on backpacks for the wounded.

As you may know, all of this is volunteer. They put their hard work and money into this project to bring smiles to our troops who may have been forgotten. This would be a great place to donate your unwanted papers!!!

Paper, embelishments, adhesive, you name they could use it. It doesn't matter if it is a little or a lot, it would all be wonderful. This would also be a good idea for those slow moving products.

If you are interested in helping out, please let me know.

Kristi
yazlow @ aol.com (w/o the spaces)

JudithM
09-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Spinning, good for you for cleaning out! Your daughter will have a lot of fun!

I even keep small scraps, cause you never know when you will need them.. so anyone want to donate me their extras ?? :rolleyes1

I keep most of my extra scraps too. I have the colors sorted into envelopes. One time in a swap I asked for extra scraps of paper & received lots of useful pieces of paper.

scrapcreator
09-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I need to have a paper purge as well. Anybody know of a scrapbooking club or some such thing in the suburban Philadelphia area (Delaware County) who could use extra paper?

You could also check with your local Girl Scout council...

Jeanne

pennyring
09-24-2005, 12:57 PM
How long have you been scrapping?
I use to be the same way! But my taste has changed so much! I htink I have been scrapping now 5 plus years!
Believe me it was hard to do! I went through each paper taker (3) (which is only pattern paper!They were stuffed! ) 4 times. Each time I would take our a few more sheets. It was hard! But I have so much more room to buy the paper I really like now!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I scrapbook with my sister and our friends. We've been getting together for just over 8 years now. None of us ever purges. If it's something we don't like or have no use for, we just trade with someone else. I've been known to just give away a sheet or two if the other person doesn't have anything to trade, but I would never never just throw out paper. My sister's friend who's been with us since the beginning keeps every tiny little scrap... and finds uses for them!

Spinning
09-24-2005, 08:09 PM
That is the joy of scrapping with friends! I use to get together with one friend every Friday in the summer several years back! It was great we would constantly be swapping paper! She would pull out pictures and I would look over and say, I have the perfect paper...
But unfortunately her job doesn't allow that time off anymore!
I haven't really found anyone who can come and scrap for the day!
Luckily most of the paper I have pulled was either free, from goodie bags or I bought at a flea market years ago for very cheap! I still can't get rid of my good paper or paper I know is expensive! at one point I bought a lot of hand make paper...HATE IT! but cant get rid of it! it was too expensive! :rotfl:

tubachick
09-25-2005, 08:00 AM
I've packing to move, and I have been "cleaning" many of my scrapping things (which by the way is one of the few things still left to pack) and I have donated many things (mostly paper scraps and stickers) to a local daycare center. They make things for their moms and dads and its pretty cute.

dizney-cruiser
09-25-2005, 08:21 AM
purging paper??? i thought whoever died with the most stuff wins?!?!

clh2
09-25-2005, 09:38 AM
You could also check with your local Girl Scout council...

Jeanne

I guesss great minds think alike! Girl Scouts is my suggestion too for the extra paper. Try calling your local council, they'll be able to tell you if they would have a need for it.

tubachick
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
purging paper??? i thought whoever died with the most stuff wins?!?!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

JudithM
09-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Spinning, it is all your fault!! I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon cleaning out & reorganizing my scrapbook area. Isn't is amazing what one collects :)!?

Spinning
09-26-2005, 06:57 AM
glad I could help! It is a good thing....I find sorting my paper gives me some motivation and puts my shopping into check...well sometimes! :cool1:

kimkracun
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I am currently with a group and we are collecting supplies for some that have lost there's in the hurricane. If you would like to donate, please send me your address and I will send you an envelope with return postage so that you don't have to pay the postage. Thanks.