PDA

View Full Version : EM or Intimate Planner MIA

MEME
09-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey, is it normal for your wedding coordinator NOT to be at your wedding? I finally got my confirmation email and my coordinator wrote:

"Please call me with your room number once you check in and I will answer any questions or review last minute details you may have. At that time I will also let you know if I (or one of my colleagues) will be your on-site coordinator. The On-Site Coordinator will plan on meeting you and your guests at the ceremony location thirty minutes prior to the ceremony."

I know that things can arise, but she sounds like she is pre-planning to be missing in action on my wedding day.....

what's up with that?

dreams91
09-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Mine said the same thing, however she was there. She also had an assistant. Mine was also an intimate wedding. Maybe it has something to do with their schedules? :confused3

eblondie
09-23-2005, 10:45 AM
My WP doesnt normally work mondays, but when I pointed out to her that our wedding was on a Monday, she told that she would have to change her day off that week.

christineangel
09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I got the same email and then later i got an email saying that she would NOT be there and the name of the on-site coordinator and her phone number (i beleive this was the day i left for Florida) THe one site coordinator was nice and helpful and I had only spoken to my original coordinator a couple of times, but i felt this added to the "big corporation" feel of disney and i commented on it in the survey they sent me after the wedding

Lisa1976
09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Think it must be a standard paragraph as we had the same, but our co-ordinator (and a helper) were there on the day.

D&R love Disney
09-25-2005, 04:17 PM
My EM let me know in advance that she couldn't be there but it was a family emergency that kept her from being there. Here replacement, Karen, was great and took over effortlessly.