PDA

View Full Version : Wow - Airfare From Ny To Tampa - $121 Rt

Mickey's House2
09-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi;

We are going to BCV in February..I have been checking airfare online every week..Last night I checked again and I couldn't believe it..I booked 4 roundtrip tickets from Albany, NY to Tampa, FL for $121 each, this is with tax. We were going to rent a car anyways but obviously the downside to flying into Tampa is you can't use Magical Express..The price for flying into Orlando was more than $100 per ticket so I think we save in the long run. This was on Continental Airlines.

misslissa
09-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi;

We are going to BCV in February..I have been checking airfare online every week..Last night I checked again and I couldn't believe it..I booked 4 roundtrip tickets from Albany, NY to Tampa, FL for $121 each, this is with tax. We were going to rent a car anyways but obviously the downside to flying into Tampa is you can't use Magical Express..The price for flying into Orlando was more than $100 per ticket so I think we save in the long run. This was on Continental Airlines.

I saw these rates too! I was wondering though... what kind of service can you find between Tampa and Orlando??? I usually fly out of Buffalo as well, do you know how long of a drive it is??? THanks

CarolMN
09-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I saw these rates too! I was wondering though... what kind of service can you find between Tampa and Orlando??? I usually fly out of Buffalo as well, do you know how long of a drive it is??? THanksTampa is about 90 miles from WDW. Depending on traffic, it's a 90-120 minute drive from the airport to your resort. It's a viable option - especially if you were going to rent a car anyway.

Best wishes -

Beth
09-23-2005, 08:39 AM
...and the drive is better now than it was in the past. Except for a short stretch thru Tampa, and then again in Lakeland, it's a minimum of 3 lanes eastbound the whole way to WDW.

TR Denise
09-23-2005, 09:36 AM
We're flying into tampa next sat. The airfare was so much better out of atlantic city we couldnt pass it up. I'll post when I get back and let you know how it went. We always rent a car so that wasnt an issue.

JudyS
09-24-2005, 05:31 PM
We're flying into tampa next sat. The airfare was so much better out of atlantic city we couldnt pass it up. I'll post when I get back and let you know how it went. We always rent a car so that wasnt an issue.

We flew into Orlando, out of Tampa once. We allowed a couple of extra hours driving time to get to the airport. It was fine. (*Unlike* the last time we flew into Orange County Airport to go to San Diego!)