PDA

View Full Version : LISTEN~~Music for Poly theme wedding/reception!!

tinkerrn
09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
We aren't getting married at WDW, but on the beach. However, we are having our pics made onto a cd w/ 'OUR" song playing in the background. We are going to make cd labels w/ our wedding picture on the beach on it. The song we are using is "Over The Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or better know as IZ. This song brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it!
Listen, it is beautiful!!!!!! The song was in "Meet Joe Black" and in "ER" during I believe to be the dream when Dr. Green died.
Even if you aren't having your wedding at Sunset Pointe, listen, its very moving!!!! The singer has since passed, but read his bio. He is a Hawaiian legend.

http://www.hawaiianislandmusic.com/Merchant2/israelkamakawiwoole.html

Briarprincess
09-22-2005, 11:21 PM
I think this is my first post in the wedding forums (I'm not offically engaged yet, but hoping for March!). ANYWAY! That song is so beautiful. The first time I heard it was in the ER episode, and hearing it, any version, makes me think of Mark Green and the morning light on the bed. :sad1: :sad: That's a great choice though to use. Just make sure any makeup you have on at your wedding doesn't get smudged when you cry at the sound of the song. And that people know it's not that you're crying cause you don't want to get married.

CONGRATS! :goodvibes

lpizzuro123
09-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, I can't believe you posted this and I saw it. I LOVE this version and have been looking for it for ages but did not know who did it. Thanks so much. I am planning on purchasing one of his CD's.
Linda