PDA

View Full Version : My Creative Express order is here!!

sweet maxine
09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Oh my! How exciting! I can't wait to play with all this stuff! Looks like I got several freebies too!

The Crafter's Cardstock block (6 X 6) is great, and a deal for $2! Also, I love the Brights Paper Florals--lovely paper! I can't wait to use these paper punches.

Now what can I use to punch with if I don't have the mat yet? A cutting board or a self-healing mat?

piratesmate
09-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey! No fair!! :headache: How did you get yours before me when I ordered first! LOL

That's so cool! When I first asked about this, someone told me that the pad was a little like a mouse pad. (I'm assuming she meant the kind with a plastic surface, not the old ones that were fabric covered.) I figured I'd try one of those - but now I may get to Mikes before they arrive, so I'll just use one of my 50% coupons for the mat.

I'd be afraid to use a cutting board as it might dull the edge on the punch.

sweet maxine
09-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Like a self-healing mat? Or a Making Memories mat?

piratesmate
09-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I think you'll need to get an opinion from someone who already has one. The Coluzzle mat is very porous & I don't think it would protect your furniture enough. A Making Memories mat is much harder than a mousepad. So is the Creative Memories self-healing mat, although it's at least flexible so it might be closer to the Sizzix mat. :confused3

If I lived where you do & couldn't get to a regular craft store I'd be sorely tempted to run over to Wally World to pick up an optical mouse pad if I didn't have an extra. ;)

sweet maxine
09-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Deb! I've never heard of an optical mouse pad, but probably DS knows just what that is. We'll look this afternoon, 'cause I know I'll want to try out this new toy today!

Beanie
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Yay!! Have fun playing with everything! I am excited about receiving my Crafters Cardstock block now since you have posted!! Tuesday is so far away! LOL

Have fun and let us know how it goes! I have a self healing mat and a MM mat, so I plan on using one of those. I hope it works, I would hate to think I had to spend more money and buy one!! :rotfl2:

becky7953
09-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Have fun! I was thinking of using the MM self healing mat too! With the 99 cent shipping I thought about ordering the hammer :)

piratesmate
09-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Have fun! I was thinking of using the MM self healing mat too! With the 99 cent shipping I thought about ordering the hammer :)

The hammer is the 19th piece in the set: 18 punches & the hammer.

About the mat - let me go back & see if I can find the original question & answer. I'm worried about using the MM mat due to its firmness.

ETA: OK I looked it up. It was Dizney-Cruiser who answered the first time. I think she's at work now, but I sent her a PM asking for more info. Hopefully she'll read it & post soon.

sweet maxine
09-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Okay, well second pkg. arrived today. Looks like I had ordered a Sizzix craft mat to use with the punches. I guess in all the ordering frenzy, I overlooked that one little fact. :blush:

piratesmate
09-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm glad you got a mat! I just wanted to report on the mats. I'd intended to pick up the mat with a 50% coupon, but neither Mikes or ACM had them - just the starter kits. :confused3

Anyway, there was a Paddle Punch Starter Kit at ACM today that someone had already opened. I stuck my thumb & index finger into the packaging to feel the mat. It is much more like the MM mat that I'd imagined! It's thinner, but is nowhere near as flexible/soft as an optical mouse pad.

I'm not giving up on that mat though. That's the whole reason I went to ACM & Mikes today - for the mat. They didn't have the Sizzix slide mount die or the file folder Coluzzle template either. :( Would you believe that I didn't even get to use a 50% coupon?!?!? I still have all 3 of them! And I have a JoAnns one for tomorrow too. :( I need to use my coupons!! Must....save....money!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

becky7953
09-24-2005, 10:41 AM
I got mine order yesterday... cool I got the hammer. Thanks for the info. :) Now in search of the mat. :) I think I will hit Joann's tomorrow. :) A shopping I must go..... :)

scrapcreator
09-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Would you believe that I didn't even get to use a 50% coupon?!?!? I still have all 3 of them! And I have a JoAnns one for tomorrow too. :( I need to use my coupons!! Must....save....money!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went to Michaels Thursday and left EMPTY HANDED! We're heading back today for the Kid's Craft so I HAVE to find something today. I can't be a coupon waster, lol!

Jeanne

Beanie
09-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Whoo hoo!! Both my orders came today!!! Yippee! I didn't realize I had ordered so much paper (6 x 6), but that is great because I am starting two paper bag albums soon!! Love the Paddle Punches, I just have to figure out how to store them now!!

:)

becky7953
09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Anyone tried yours out yet? I haven't yet.....

piratesmate
09-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Well I tried mine and read the directions for a change. LOL It must have been a man who wrote them though! :rotfl: It says that several moderate hits are better than one mighty whack. All I can think is that it's a man's "moderate" as opposed to my idea of moderate. I felt like it took 5 harder taps than eyelets do. I used the MM mat.

I'm not disappointed - I just thought it needed more force than I thought from reading the directions. I'll be interested to hear how the rest of you make out.