PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Now Offering Checkin 24 Hours Prior to Departure

aka-mad4themouse
09-22-2005, 07:36 AM
I just got this in my Rapid Rewards email this morning:
New Enhancements to Online Checkin at southwest.com
Great news! Now you can check in online and print your boarding pass beginning 24 hours prior to your scheduled flight. That means no more waking up at midnight to get your boarding pass! With news like that, there's no need to lose any sleep.

Visit southwest.com (http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/retrieveCheckinDoc.html) to use this exciting new feature!

This will make it a little easier to get that 'A' boarding pass.

antmaril
09-22-2005, 07:46 AM
That is great news - so much easier than staying up until Midnight.

Thanks for sharing!

madge
09-22-2005, 08:33 AM
That's excellent news! We have a 7:50am flight home out of MCO, so checking in the evening before will be GREAT! :cool1:

Densgirl
09-22-2005, 08:37 AM
How cool. Our printer just broke and and we are printing ours at my brothers office. I was thinking we were going to look sooooo strange there in the middle of the night. The town is small enough that Barney Fife would want to know who was up in the middle of the night. :rotfl:

justplaingoofy
09-22-2005, 08:45 AM
How does that work? Do they assign you your boarding pass number when you print it instead of going to the desk and getting numbers 1-30?

SB in KY
09-22-2005, 09:28 AM
They have not used the numbered cards for a few years now...they issue 3 groups of boarding passes...A, B and C....A's board first, then B's then C's.

JDietz40
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
That's excellent news! We have a 7:50am flight home out of MCO, so checking in the evening before will be GREAT! :cool1:

What do you use to print out your boarding Pass? We are bringing my laptop but I was wondering if I would need to get a cheap printer to print out the boarding passes for our return trip.

John :confused3

cocowum
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Great news! Thanks for posting.

meuseman
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM
What do you use to print out your boarding Pass? We are bringing my laptop but I was wondering if I would need to get a cheap printer to print out the boarding passes for our return trip.

John :confused3

If you cannot print your boarding pass, no problem. Check in online and get to the screen where you see the BP's to print. That means you have checked in. At the airport, if you have luggage to check, tell the attendent you checked in online, but could not print the BP's. they will print replacements.

madge
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
If you cannot print your boarding pass, no problem. Check in online and get to the screen where you see the BP's to print. That means you have checked in. At the airport, if you have luggage to check, tell the attendent you checked in online, but could not print the BP's. they will print replacements.

wow. I didn't know that....I was going to go to the front desk at the resort and ask them to print them for me. I've read of others doing that....

CaliforniaDreaming
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Awesome news! ;)

JudithM
09-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Thank you for posting this info! I haven't received the email yet from Southwest Rapid Rewards.

NH Mommy
09-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the information! So for someone that hasn't flown SW in 4 yrs- We go and check our luggage then go through security and walk to our gate. That's it? So do we still have to get to the airport 1 1/2 hours ahead of our flight? Our DD is 2 so if we didn't have to wait so long-that would be great.
TIA

Going to see the mouse Oct 1st! :cool1:

JDietz40
09-23-2005, 11:47 AM

That's great news I was thinking about getting a portable printer but didn't want to carry it or pay for it.

dcfromva
09-23-2005, 11:48 AM
That is awesome news!

-DC :earsboy:

LittleDino
09-23-2005, 12:13 PM
My flight leaves for Disney tomorrow morning at 11:30, I just printed my boarding passes at 11:35 AM today. Now I don't have to wake up at midnight to print the passes and can get a good nights rest before walking all over the Magic Kingdom tomorrow... that is if I can get to sleep and not let the excitement keep me up. :flower:

chip1
09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
We are flying SW in October. I have not flown this airline in years. Please tell me how to get an A Pass. Thanks much!

debden
09-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I was planning on getting up at 12:01 am tommorrow morning to print our boarding passes for our 7:20 am flight Saturday morning and....Wallahh...
You can now get your boarding passes 24 hours ahead of time!!! Yeah.
I printed ours out with no problem.We were number 20,21 and 22 in Row A!!
Yeah,now we can sleep in and get to the airport about an hour before our flight.We have no bags to check so we can go straight to the security check-point.
I am sooo happy! A great start to a great vacation!!
Debbie

Poohbear123
09-23-2005, 09:15 PM
GREAT NEWS I am leaving in Nov. and have it written down to wake up at 11:30pm to print the pass at 12:01. Now, that its 24 hours in advanced, when do I print it? I can start at 12:01 the NIGHT BEFORE? :confused3

wee-haggis
09-23-2005, 09:38 PM
GREAT NEWS I am leaving in Nov. and have it written down to wake up at 11:30pm to print the pass at 12:01. Now, that its 24 hours in advanced, when do I print it? I can start at 12:01 the NIGHT BEFORE? :confused3
24 hours before your flight leaves.
If your flight is 11 am on Friday...you can print it off at 11 am on Thursday

Yardbird
09-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Thank you for posting!

Poohbear123
09-24-2005, 01:18 PM
24 hours before your flight leaves.
If your flight is 11 am on Friday...you can print it off at 11 am on Thursday
Oh, OK, my flight LEAVES 8:15 THURS. so I can print it out 8:15 on WED. Right.?! ;) :rolleyes:

jultomzach
09-24-2005, 03:17 PM
"We were number 20,21 and 22 in Row A!!"

I have never flown Southwest before but flying on a 7 am flight in about a month with my 6 1/2 year old son. When I check-in on line, do the numbers indicate my place in line in Row A. Does this mean it is not who gets to the airport first gets in line first? I want to sit with my son and am trying to figure how early I need to arrive at the airport (Philadelphia). I am very familiar with the airport but have never flown on a Thursday early am flight or with Southwest.

laurabelle
09-25-2005, 03:38 AM
I just got this in my Rapid Rewards email this morning:

This will make it a little easier to get that 'A' boarding pass.

Thanks so much for posting! I accidentally deleted my RR email in my Yahoo acct. and can't get it back... :rolleyes:
I'm thrilled about the change!!! :banana:

cranbiz
09-25-2005, 10:13 AM
The numbers on your BP just indicate where in the checkin sequence that you are. They do not determine your place in line at the airport.

The lines at the airport usually start over an hour in advance of your boarding time.

With an A BP, there will be no problem getting seats together no matter where you are in the A line, all that will happen is you may be further back in the plane. If you want front seats then you need to get to the airport early and stand in line.

Kimmielee
09-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Does this apply to Ding Fares too?

cranbiz
09-25-2005, 11:34 AM
All of SW's policies apply to DING fares. When you checkin, arrive at the airport, sit on the plane, SW does not care what fare you have.

The only difference between DING fares and fully refundable fares is just that. The fully refundable part. You can always get a Ticketless travel credit, but to normally get a refund to your CC, you need to have purchases that fully refundable ticket.

Now I know that some have got a refund on other fares, but the stated policy is what I just stated.