PDA

View Full Version : Is $300 for direct flight to LAX reasonable

shelby2001
09-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Is $300 reasonable for direct flights from Boston to LAX for Presidents week, I've never purchase flights to LA before.
Thanks,
Shelby

MrsMud
09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't know if this will help, as 1) I don't use the same airport and 2) I didn't try for President's week, but a couple of months ago I was pricing flights for next week on JetBlue direct from NY to Long Beach for $138. I also looked at Song, direct into LAX, and it was a little more. Still, that price seems awfully high to me. I would shop around a little and see what else you can find, or wait a little while and hope the fares go down :confused3

edited to add: Sorry, just realized you are probably talking about round trip, my rates were one way, so not too much of a difference in total price. If that rate is roundtrip, it doesn't seem bad for a holiday period, and with fuel rates what they are now, I would probabaly grab it. Sorry ;)

pumpkinboy
09-22-2005, 09:14 AM
For Presidents' week at this late a date, $300 to $350 r-t sounds like a bargain. Song to LAX or JetBlue to Long Beach are both good non-stop options to Los Angeles.

Note that for non-stops to Orlando for the same time period, they are looking more like $350 each way now. I'd say jump on that fare.

CleveRocks
09-22-2005, 09:55 AM
$300 for a coast-to-coast round trip is good. Not spectacular, but really good. Jump on it. With fuel costs these days, I'm not looking for airfares to go DOWN any time soon.

-- Eric :earsboy:

Brian Noble
09-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Agreed. Take it. You *might* do better, but you could also do a whole lot worse.

debster812
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree as well. I would book it.