PDA

View Full Version : stores in orlando

rpbert1
09-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi we are coming to florida from Ireland next june & July , wife saving already for buying scrapbooking items, does anyone one have any names and addresses of scrapbooking shops she should go to. I read about a Michaels [i think that was the name] has anyone heard of it and know where it is, many thanks

pfishgirl
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
There is a Scrapbook store right in Downtown Disney...

lewdyan1
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't have an answer, but I think you are a great husband for doing for her! :goodvibes

havencruiser
09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
There is a scrapbooking store in Downtown Disney. Other chains in the USA which carry many scrapbooking supplies are Michael's, Joann's, and AC Moore.
Good luck!

onedisneylover
09-22-2005, 08:06 AM
there are many stores in the orlando area. but to get to these you will need to have use of a car. unfortunately they are not close...but not far, far either. i took a day, and had df and kiddos swim in the pool, i think i made it to 3-4 stores in a 5-6 hour trip.

michaels, is a chain store that has many different crafts, not just scrapping.

i will give you the names and adddresses...

memories
2762 East Colonial Dr.
Colonial Plaza Shopping Center
Orlando , FL 32803
Phone: 407-228-0001

scrapbook shak
809 Good Homes Road
Orlando , FL 32818
Phone: 407-522-5656

scrapbook shak
451 E Altamonte Dr
Altamonte Springs , FL 32701
Phone: 407-261-0164

memory lane
4469 Hoffner Ave
Orlando , FL 32812
Phone: 407-851-1888

scrapbook boutique & more, inc
730 Sand Lake Road
The Terrace @ Fl. Mall
Orlando , FL 32809
Phone: 407-856-8070

i got this information from the creating keepsakes store locator. i have been to many of the stores, and maybe more, but with so many years of going to scrapbook stores, i forget which i have gone to.

memories is my favorite out of the bunch. i have spent many a dollar at that store!!!

i believe that one of the scrapbook shaks is in an actual shopping mall, but i don't remember which one...i think it is the one in atlamonte.

i just did mapquest directions from my hotel to store to store, then the last store back to the hotel. it worked out pretty good.

hope this all helps you.

karen

Latte Lover
09-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi
We went to Orlando from England in August. We went to Michaels at the northern end of International Drive, not far from Wet and Wild. If you look on www.michaels.com there is a map. There are other Michaels in the area too.
We also went to Joann's. This is along the 192, a big cream coloured building right next to the road, near a big Target store. You can't miss it.
Walmart also sell some scrapbooking supplies too, and is very reasonably priced.
There is a big Walmart along the 192 just past Medieval Times, and another on Highway 27. There are others, but I can't remeber where.
We also bought disney scrapbooking stuff at Downtown Disney. The store there is called Disney's Wonderful World of Memories.
We bought so much. Prices are generally cheaper than in England, but I don't know how they would compare to Ireland.
We had great fun. Be prepared to spend at least an hour in each store!

Have a good trip.

rpbert1
09-22-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't have an answer, but I think you are a great husband for doing for her! :goodvibes

Hi lewdyan1, thanks thats nice, i am going to show her this maybe she will appreciate me more, LOL
thanks for the addresses onedisneylover, we have a rental car should be ok,
lattelover prices over here in Ireland are quite expensive , the wife orders a lot of stuff from crafing catalogues also from www. createandcraft.tv thinktHATS THE ADDRESS AND ALSO WWW.QVC.CO.UK