PDA

View Full Version : New National Coupon Policy???

meuseman
09-21-2005, 08:13 AM
On their new website, you can enter the quantity of coupons you have. Just for kicks, I entered my $20 off Entertainment Book Coupon (from Mousesavers) as quantity "2" The website states that it accepted both coupons for a $40 discount.

Will this work when I check in (this Friday)?????

rlduvall
09-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Wow. That's interesting. My gut instinct says No, it wouldn't work, but the website accepted it, so I don't know. Along those lines, yesterday I used the American Express code 5125601 which is like a flat rate discount and then just for grins, used an Entertainment coupon code with it and it allowed me to stack, saving me another $20.; something I thought wouldn't work.

So, I guess I didn't answer your question, but just added my own question, lol.
:goodvibes

mickey12810
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I just changed my reservations and used 4 coupons from Entertainment and I am now paying $40.91 for a fullsize for Sept 29-Oct 3. Boy do I love National. :love: I will love them even more if they don't tell me that there is an error and I have to pay more :goodvibes

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I was just about to post this same question.

National is one of the few websites that allow you to stack. This morning I noticed the same thing you did. So what's stopping people from printing out 10 coupons and getting their car for free.

I may call them to see what the deal is. You know the old adage... If it's too good to be true..... ;)

meuseman
09-21-2005, 08:30 AM
The other thing I am noticing is that the Priceless Code (6600330) is giving different rates when you have an emerald club ressie vs. a non EC ressie. And when you are logged in to the Emerald Club, it is not eliminating the concession fee.

rlduvall
09-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Also, when you put in a coupon code, on the second page it states that you have entered a coupon and you must understand and comply with the terms and policies of the coupon in order for it to be valid. I wonder if this gives them an out if their website accepts it erroneously, then you show up intending to use it and can't. Hmm, interesting.

meuseman
09-21-2005, 08:56 AM
The other thing I am noticing is that the Priceless Code (6600330) is giving different rates when you have an emerald club ressie vs. a non EC ressie. And when you are logged in to the Emerald Club, it is not eliminating the concession fee.

So I seem to be figuring this out little by little. When you use the EC reservation, coupon codes are accepted, but contract ID's are not. I used a contract ID and actually made the ressie and the e-mail did not mention the Contract, only the coupon. I'm guessing this is a mistake in the programming.

I think I might just stick with what I had, since the $20 off coupon says "One coupon per national rental"

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Just called National and spoke with Amanda in Customer Service and Jennifer in the tech department. If you enter more than one coupon they will only accept one when you pick up the rental. At the bottom of the coupons it says only one coupon per rental. Jennifer said that the quantity was to be used for the number of free days that you were using if you had earned them through EA. That didn't really make sense to me since there is a reward spot a little further down the page but long story short they will only be honoring one coupon at pick up.

HTH. :wave2:

meuseman
09-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks!!!!

I think I am going to call about this contract ID issue...

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 09:05 AM
let us know what they say Dan!

msmouse
09-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Where do you stipulate Reserve Isle?

meuseman
09-21-2005, 09:14 AM
You need to login with your emerald club id....or make the first step of the ressie, then click on edit trip information and you will be able to enter your emerald club info at the bottom of the form

funcinderella
09-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Hmmm, I booked as an Emerald Club member months ago (March?) using the Priceless Code and the entertainment coupon. I hope they honor that! (It did take off the extra fees.)

meuseman
09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm sure they will honor all old ressies.

So I spoke to Sheri in Tech Assistance. She said that it should be working, but I can't get it to accept the Priceless Code for EC ressies.

Hmmm, now the question is do I call back...

beattyfamily
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
I've noticed quite a few bugs. I hope they fix the contract # problem.

I'm so glad I've got my reservation for this September 29 already cause now it's $20 more!

madge
09-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I've noticed quite a few bugs. I hope they fix the contract # problem.

I'm so glad I've got my reservation for this September 29 already cause now it's $20 more!

this is what I wanted to know, LOL...if there's another rate drop today. Doesn't sound like it, although it's still early ;)

mom_rules
09-21-2005, 12:42 PM
I like this one-used Amex contract ID and 2 2 car upgrades-got an SUV from Fri-Sun for $41.98!

Do you think they would really honor it?

Stimpy
09-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I like this one-used Amex contract ID and 2 2 car upgrades-got an SUV from Fri-Sun for $41.98!

Do you think they would really honor it?

I would double check the coupon for the upgrade. Most rental places will only let you upgrade to a Premium car. Usually a SUV is considered a specialty car and is not included. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just double check :)

beattyfamily
09-21-2005, 01:45 PM
I was SO tempted to book today with 2 coupons but I'm afraid they won't honor it since all the coupons state one coupn per reservation. I wouldn't want to get there at 10:00p and find out they won't honor it and they jack up the price.

It was SO very tempting though. So far I am not liking the new website.

PlutosFriend
09-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I just changed my reservations and used 4 coupons from Entertainment and I am now paying $40.91 for a fullsize for Sept 29-Oct 3. Boy do I love National. :love: I will love them even more if they don't tell me that there is an error and I have to pay more :goodvibes

WOW! I better go and try to get a better deal. Maybe it will end up being free if I stack enough codes :rotfl:

PlutosFriend
09-21-2005, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=mom2lilandem]Just called National and spoke with Amanda in Customer Service and Jennifer in the tech department. If you enter more than one coupon they will only accept one when you pick up the rental.

I wonder why they even put the extra boxes for coupon codes then? Very strange.

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM

It won't work. The woman clearly told me this morning that they will only be honoring one coupon per reservation and that they will change the price accordingly when you pick up your car.

I was SO tempted to book today with 2 coupons but I'm afraid they won't honor it since all the coupons state one coupn per reservation. I wouldn't want to get there at 10:00p and find out they won't honor it and they jack up the price.

Me too. That's why I called. I didn't want to get there on the 20th with two toddlers in tow and be arguing with them about the rates. From my conversation this morning the representative made it crystal clear to me that if the reservation was booked with more than one coupon that the rate will be adjusted when the car is picked up. I even asked about using a Sam's Club coupon and an Entertainment coupon (instead of doubling up on one of them) and she gave me a big ol' nuh uh. :confused3

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 01:57 PM
I wonder why they even put the extra boxes for coupon codes then? Very strange.

That's what I thought too, but they said that it was if you were redeeming points for free days. You must get a coupon code for a free day after enough points and that coupon must be stackable for up to a week's worth of a rental. If you scroll down the reservation page there's another box that says redeem points though so I don't know.

I have a feeling they'll be working the bugs out over the next few days/weeks.

PlutosFriend
09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
That's what I thought too, but they said that it was if you were redeeming points for free days. You must get a coupon code for a free day after enough points and that coupon must be stackable for up to a week's worth of a rental. If you scroll down the reservation page there's another box that says redeem points though so I don't know.

I have a feeling they'll be working the bugs out over the next few days/weeks.

I bet you are right. I already have a reservation for October. I went ahead and used the same coupons codes etc and it came up $40 higher than what I have already. Then it said something about not accepting my contract ID when it took it on my original reservation.

Lunasin92X
09-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I have a question...I'm new to this car rental thing...I'm going to orlando from Oct 5 - 10th and i checked national and they charge 25 dollars a day extra cause I'm 24. I used the American Express ID and it went down to 10 a day and a cheap rate like 115 for the whole time. Will they ask me to show identification to verify the contract ID I used, or will they only ask for my credit card and Driver's license when i go to pick up the car?

Thanks....

beattyfamily
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I have a question...I'm new to this car rental thing...I'm going to orlando from Oct 5 - 10th and i checked national and they charge 25 dollars a day extra cause I'm 24. I used the American Express ID and it went down to 10 a day and a cheap rate like 115 for the whole time. Will they ask me to show identification to verify the contract ID I used, or will they only ask for my credit card and Driver's license when i go to pick up the car?

Thanks....

I think you have to pay with AMEX to use the code.

Lunasin92X
09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Ah ok...I saw a carlson code as well...do i need anything in particular for that?

beattyfamily
09-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Ah ok...I saw a carlson code as well...do i need anything in particular for that?

No you do not need to show anything for that code.

mom2lilandem
09-21-2005, 05:48 PM
:Pinkbounc

bumping for another poster

:bounce:

disneyldwjr
09-21-2005, 06:01 PM

Thanks....
They will want to see the AMEX card.

disneyldwjr
09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
I think you have to pay with AMEX to use the code.
You only have to show the card, not use it.

Letsbgoofy
09-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I didn't show my AMEX card nor did I use it to pay. Having said that, I wouldn't use the code if I didn't have a card just in case.

You can use the AMEX code and the Entertainment coupon together with no problem.

LoveToDisney
09-21-2005, 07:17 PM
They have really messed up the National site for Mac users. YECCHH!!! I finally had to cancel my EC reservation and go with a standard reservation because I couldn't get my price with the EC log-in. What a mess. They are trying to look more like Alamo and I called the tech people to complain and told them I wanted the old site back. It was straight forward and easy to navigate even with the little glitches it had. NOW, it is just plain AWFUL and has tons of problems!! They never should have launched a new site that had not been thoroughly tested.