PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Dessert Party

TexasCourt
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey Y'all,
Does anyone know how much an Illuminations dessert party would be for an intimate wedding (20 people)? Can I even add this to an intimate wedding? What locations could you have it at? Is it dessert and drinks? Or just dessert? Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!! :wave2:

Courtney :)

twojo21
09-20-2005, 08:08 PM
check out http://www.yourfairytale.com/caterill2.html which has info about booking an intimate wedding dessert party or group party for epcot illuminations, its from 04 but gives you a good idea. fyi there are restrictions on the locations available & a small party fee for your size group. also only custom brides can wear there wedding attire to the dessert party.

Coloradogrl
09-20-2005, 11:31 PM
I was going to do a intimate wedding(till today when I talked to Bill at DFTW!) I really wanted to do a Illuminations dessert party that evening after our wedding and I wanted to do it private and be able to wear my gown. So he recommended I bump my wedding up to a custom wedding, and after doing the math it will be about the same! After I added everything up I wanted it was going to be around 10,000 anyway. I wanted to do a dinner/lunch reception and a Illuminations dessert party and that made me almost there to the min. I know that the only way to have a "dessert party" is to do a custom event, but you can go see Illuminations and get priorty seating at a resturant, it just want be a private event w/ dessert.
How important is the dessert party?

MApigletfan
09-21-2005, 04:10 AM
Yes you can have an Illuminations Dessert Party as an Intimate wedding but you can not wear your gown and you book directly with Epcot Even Planners not your wedding co-ordinator. I was going to do this but it seemed like too much money for me so we decided not to but I did call and find out you could in fact do it but no gown. There was a site rental fee, a fee if you wanted table and chairs set up, a per person fee if they did not have tickets, and more. The web site someone posted earlier does have some good info and the number you can call.

stkim3011
09-21-2005, 08:50 AM
We had an Illuminations Dessert Party the night of our Intimate Wedding (8/8/05) and it was the best money we could have spent. We had 12 people in our party (including the bride and groom) and had it at the Upper UK Pavilion. It was desserts and drinks (coffee, lemonade, water) and lasted from 8:00 to 9:30. The location was so great because it is so secluded that you don't notice anyone else else in the park around you. The view of the fireworks was amazing and after they ended, no one rushed us out of the area. We lingered around for 30 minutes after the fireworks ended. Also, that night was an EMH night and they gave all of our guests the EMH braclets, whether they had park tickets or not. We all ended up going to ride Soarin after the party. It was a perfect way to end our wedding day.

We ended up spending around $750 for the event. That included all of the tables and chairs (the nice thing about the Upper UK was that the tables and chairs are already there), the deluxe dessert selection, a small party service fee, the location rental, and entry fees for 3 guests who did not have theme park tickets.

If it is in your budget, I would highly recommend having the party.

janine
09-21-2005, 09:10 AM
I would love to do this also. We are having an intimate. But I really want to keep my dress on. Has anybody wore there dress and got away with it?
Janine

stkim3011
09-22-2005, 01:06 PM
We were told very specifically that my DW could not wear her dress to the party unless we wanted to move up to a custom wedding. They said that if she arrived at the park with the dress on, that they would not let her in.