PDA

View Full Version : Back from Site Visit :)

KT27
09-20-2005, 04:38 PM
We left Thursday morning for an extended weekend trip to Disney/site visit. My Mom, Sister & I met at Orlando airport & off we headed to Port Orleans Riverside - our 1st time there. What a beautiful resort. I'm glad I picked it as my moderate hotel. We had a 9am meeting with Heidi Pickert at Franc's. We arrived a few minutes early and went inside where we were greeted warmly & left to wander about. So much to see here, table set ups, favor ideas, centerpieces. Heidi arrived & off to Sea Breeze Point at the Boardwalk Inn. I had walked by the gazebo there before but never paid much attention to it, it's so pretty. We took alot of pictures from diffrent angles. My mom & sis loved it. We are having a 9am wedding & were there about that time. It was so breezy. I'm so happy I picked this location. We then walked over the international gateway towards the Beach Club resort to see our reception site Ariel's. At this point I had decided due to logistsics to choose my resort hotel as Beach Club, we had originally chosen Wilderness Lodge but thought with everything centering around this area we would be better off at Beach Club. We also added a Illuminations Dessert Party - the only location that was left was Lower UK. I was so impressed with Heidi & the tour. She answered a million questions from us & shared alot of other bride stories. She also showed us the alternate location in case the weather is bad, which isn't a bad place either but I do have my heart set on Sea Breeze point. When we arrived back at Franc's she called her assistant & made the few changes to the contract. I didn't realize the DFTW office was in Celebration. The new contract was emailed to me later that day. That evening we went to Ohana's for dinner & decided on it for the rehearsal dinner. There was a wedding going on at Sunset Pointe, it was sooo hot there. We did alot of shopping while we were there, I got my bride ears, groom hat ears, my sister bought the Mickey Groom & Minnie Bride Champagne Flutes engraved with our name (and later the date will be engraved - being a military bride I expect something to change) and Mom got the bride & groom pin for me. My other bridesmaid drove from Tampa to spend the day with us Saturday. What fun we had. I took alot of pictures because my fiance is currently stationed in Korea if anyone wants to see I'll be glad to share. :bride:

SRUAlmn
09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
I would LOVE to see since we are still choosing a location and any pics may help us choose.

LittleBlackRaincloud
09-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a great weekend! I'm always one to enjoy pictures. If you have any to post than please do! :flower:

KT27
09-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Here are the pics....there is alot! They are a little out of order do to some issues with uploading so bear with me!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katie11949/album?.dir=5bc9&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katie11949/my_photos

twojo21
09-20-2005, 08:22 PM
thanks for sharing katie, looks like you had a fun visit.

FutureAshleyDukes
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
glad to hear your visit went well. :)

SRUAlmn
09-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks so much for sharing the pics. They were great! I've seen pics now of Ariels, O'Hana, Narcoosses, California Grill, and Artist Point (some I have been to too.) I have yet to see a picture of The Attic. Anyway, from what I have seen, Ariels looks darker inside in comparison to most of the others. Maybe it was just the lighting of the pics that I have seen. Did you notice it to be particularly dark inside?
Thanks again :)

reese5574
09-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Katie - I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you had a great site visit. Thank you for sharing because it fun to read about and helpful for us brides who aren't doing site visits before our weddings. Thanks again! : )

KT27
09-21-2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks so much for sharing the pics. They were great! I've seen pics now of Ariels, O'Hana, Narcoosses, California Grill, and Artist Point (some I have been to too.) I have yet to see a picture of The Attic. Anyway, from what I have seen, Ariels looks darker inside in comparison to most of the others. Maybe it was just the lighting of the pics that I have seen. Did you notice it to be particularly dark inside?
Thanks again :)

I didn't find it to be overly dark, alot of the lighting wasn't on because the place was closed. I'm sure alotof it was my camera. TwoJo21 sent me her site visit pics awhile back & they were a bit brighter.

Everyone has helped me greatly here so I'm glad that I could write a quick trip report & show some pics to help others. I did have alot of fun. Now for the food & cake tasting that should be fun! :earboy2:

Eric-n-Ariel
09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks so much for posting your pics. There are some places (like Ariel's) that you just don't see even if you visit the parks a lot.

Jillybean626
09-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanx Katie, I've been looking for some good SBP pics for awhile and yours were great, you got every angle. The godmother tables are beautiful too.