PDA

View Full Version : Intimate reception ideas??

Coloradogrl
09-17-2005, 03:30 PM
I am really getting overwhelmed by trying to find a place to have a meal(reception) at after the cermony. I would like to stay on the WDW porperty because I think it will be easier. We are going to have about 15-20pl and I want something pretty nice. I have been in touch with WDW dinning but they were very helpful but really just confused me more! I have thought about renting out a VIP room or something but every time I call I get a recording.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am pretty much open to anything on or off WDW porperty.

Did I metion I have never even been to WDW or FL, and I am trying to plan a wedding there :earseek:

gradtchr
09-17-2005, 03:43 PM
We had our intimate reception at O'Hanas and it was very nice. There are all kinds of options available. What type of food do you want? Do you want character interaction? What type of theme are you going for?

kegafford
09-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Can I ask how much did ohana put you back for your guest and how many did you have. We are trying to like buffet style but with a beach type theme.

Thanks in advance :)
Kim

gradtchr
09-17-2005, 08:40 PM
I think we had 13 for dinner and I honestly don't know how much it was per person because my Dad took the check. I think it's around 27 per person plus a little extra for gratuity since we were with a large group. It was the family dining and we were in the milddle of the room. Our EM got us the ADR since it was going to be a larger group. It was very enjoyable. :)

twojo21
09-18-2005, 01:08 AM
fyi - check with the disney restaurant too about wearing your wedding dress inside some resort restaurants if theyre hosting a private wedding event wont allow you as an intimate bride to wear yours then. also all themeparks & themepark restaurants do not allow wedding attire inside.

as for private venues for lunch the california grill at the contemporary has a private room for 30 with a great patio & view of magic kingdom, theres also the attic at the boardwalk which offers a slight view of illuminations at night & ariels at the beach club where you can host a floridian style buffet, all 3 are private venues that work great for small - medium wedding receptions. definetly ask your em about assisting you with this or contact the resort directly.

best of luck.

cattjer
09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
We are having ours at Narrccoossee and they do alow wedding attire and you can get the menu with prices on all ears net!

good luck

FutureAshleyDukes
09-19-2005, 11:31 AM
When we were planning our intimate for last May, I had planned out a Private Dining Experience with the Grand Floridian. We had booked an 11 AM ceremony and with most of the nicer restraunts only being opened for dinner this was a great option for eating right after our ceremony. I do know this added up to be quite a bit of money though. But it's another option, and it's kind of like having your own private reception in my opinion.

Coloradogrl
09-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I AM GOING TO SCREAM AND CRY ALL AT THE SAME TIME

I just talked to someone about booking a room a for my group at one of there resturants and the women told me that she would not make me a reservation for my group of 20, and I needed to turn my intimate wedding into a custom if I wanted to have dinner reception afterwards! I then explained to her that I just wanted to have a dinner resverations for my group and she told me NO! that she would not and that she would make them for me but we would have to be seated in different parts of the resturant :confused3 I am getting so much different info I could cry. And to make it even better my WC will not call me back!

FutureAshleyDukes
09-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I AM GOING TO SCREAM AND CRY ALL AT THE SAME TIME

I just talked to someone about booking a room a for my group at one of there resturants and the women told me that she would not make me a reservation for my group of 20, and I needed to turn my intimate wedding into a custom if I wanted to have dinner reception afterwards! I then explained to her that I just wanted to have a dinner resverations for my group and she told me NO! that she would not and that she would make them for me but we would have to be seated in different parts of the resturant :confused3 I am getting so much different info I could cry. And to make it even better my WC will not call me back!

Oh my goodness, that's awful. Did you try calling the PS number, because there is a different number you can call for groups larger than 12 or 15 I believe. That is absolutely ridiculous, you should definitely call back, there is a very small chance that you will get the same person again.

Coloradogrl
09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Ok I just got off the phone with a girl from Fultons Crab house in downtown disney. She told me that they had a private area for a reception and also a place to have a wedding on there upstairs patio. The room has a food and beverage min of 2000. She also told me that you can still have disney charters there if we wanted them. This is something I might think about.

Mommy Poppins
09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
So glad to hear that Narcossee's does allow wedding attire as I was definitely thinking of going to dinner there after our vow renewal.

reese5574
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi...not sure if this is the same thing that Disney Dining told you but we're planning on having a dinner reception for 13 people total. We're still deciding on the place (Either Ohana's or Narcoosse) and want to preselect the menu to give our guests options but still stay within our budget. We budgeted $600 for dinner if that helps.

Good luck with the planning!

Eeyore1928
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the "honeymoon" portion of our wedding so we had a dinner for 16 at Artist Point...they had a huge table set up for us overlooking the waterfall and a table for gifts/the leftover cake. It was awesome to be able to run everything up to the room, change after dinner into a more comfortable dress and hang out with everyone at the resort.
Where are you staying after the wedding?

twojo21
09-19-2005, 05:55 PM
eeyore1928 - did they let you create a menu for your dinner? we want to have our rehearsal dinner at either whispering canyon or artist point & mil would like personalized/set menus. any additional info about your dinner there would be great. thanks.

MApigletfan
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Just thought I would share what we are doing. We have an intimate morning wedding scheduled and are having a reception lunch at Portabellos Yacht Club in Downtown Disney. My wedding co-ordinator recommended it and it looks very nice.

Eeyore1928
09-19-2005, 08:18 PM
We actually just ordered right off the menu. I called to make the ressie and described what I wanted. It was all set up and perfect when we arrived. They also had an extra bottle of the fairytale champagne on hold in case we wanted it. It was nice to have the rest of the cake too. The place is very intimate and it really made our evening quite lovely. I am sure they can work something out as far as printing up a special menu. There is also a little seating area between the 2 restuarants that is closed off on one side but open to the lobby and passer bys. It has a fireplace and it may work for you.
That is funny because our rehearsal dinner was at Whispering Canyon!!!!!!!!
Two totally different places and we enjoyed our time at both.
Please feel free to ask anything.

Nicci
09-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Ok I just got off the phone with a girl from Fultons Crab house in downtown disney. She told me that they had a private area for a reception and also a place to have a wedding on there upstairs patio. The room has a food and beverage min of 2000. She also told me that you can still have disney charters there if we wanted them. This is something I might think about.

This place sounds really great!! Just one question, can you wear ur wedding dress here?

I know you can't in the other parks but wasnt too sure on this one.

MrsTink04
09-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Colorado - Talk to your EM...they can help you with after-ceremony dinner/"reception" plans.

twojo21
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
thanks so much for the info eeyore1928, great to hear more about your time there. we definetly want some champagne chilled for our rd, so ill make sure when i arrange this with mil to have that noted on our ressie. did your em make the reservation or did you go through group dining?

Eeyore1928
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
I was living in Orlando at the time....so I actually went over to the resort and planned everything out. My Co-ordinator did help out with the Artist Point dinner though.

twojo21
09-20-2005, 03:39 PM
thanks & one more thing eeyore1928 do you have your pictures posted here or somewhere else that youll be willing to share with me, i'd love to see your events at wl.

Eric-n-Ariel
09-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi all. I've been lurking for a bit and I've really enjoyed this board, but I figured I'd come out of hiding.

DBF and I have been discussing a possible WDW wedding. We think an Intimate would probably work for us, but we were wondering if Disney allows you to have a reception (including dancing) with an Intimate Wedding.

TexasCourt
09-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Eric-n-Ariel,
I am also considering an intimate wedding and probably have a lot of the same questions that you have. :) Hopefully, we can get some things cleared up!! :goodvibes

-Courtney

Eric-n-Ariel
09-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Courtney! I sure hope we can figure things out. DBF and I would most likely have a guest list small enough for an intimate, but I think we'd really like to have our first dance at a real reception. I just want to get a feel for what the possibilities are.

Btw - You are beautiful!

MApigletfan
09-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I am having an intimate wedding on November first and there is a small reception after the ceremony, cake and a toast and some dancing. We are going to have our first dance as well as a mother/son dance and I am going to dance with my boys, so that is three dances. The music is going to be played by the violionist (if he has the sheet music) or you can bring a CD and they will play that. We are bringing a CD for our first dance song and having the violionist play the other two. Once you book your place and time they will send you a planning packet that has all this info included. If you want I can email you the package I got just get me your email address. Dawn

Mommy Poppins
09-21-2005, 06:52 AM
MApigletfan - I would love to get a copy of the packet you received. My email is listed in my profile. Thanks!

Eeyore1928
09-21-2005, 06:55 AM
I am sorry I do not. My wedding was before I or anyone in my family had a digital camera (1999) and I don't really have any way to post them. Sorry
Ask anything you'd like and i will do my best.