PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Hotel Windows

NoelGypsy
09-17-2005, 02:12 PM
I usually stay at the All Star Resorts when I go to Disney. I love having window "decorating wars" with others in the hotel. Last year we had so much stuff in our window you could not even see the curtain. I am so upset because the pictures did not turn out :confused3 Last year we had 2 big towels, one of Jessica and one of Mickey and all of the stuff we bought in the window. We had glasses and pins, and banners, it got out of hand... LOL :rotfl: Someone next to us had lights, I never thought of doing that but there is always next year ;)
Does anyone have any pictures of their "decorated windows" at Disney??
And also I was wondering if the other hotels offer the big "showcase" style windows to decorate?
:wizard:

bballdiva
09-17-2005, 05:21 PM
......Bump

cyndibelle
09-18-2005, 06:27 PM
we are going to be at pop century sept 30-oct 9 and i have my mickey halloween lights to take..we are going to stick them in the window..i might take a few light up pumpkins too.....we love to look at the windows and see all the stuff people stick in them..

eeyore45
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
aack WINDOW DECORATIONS!! Not on my list... quick find the list!!

:teeth: :goodvibes :wizard: :cheer2:

Metallicat
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
During Star Wars weekends we put some of our stuff in the window. I probably shouldn't have put my new Indiana Jones license plate in there BUT, Harrison Ford WAS in a Star Wars movie :goodvibes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/lga2461/STARWARSWINDOW.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/lga2461/STARWARS2005036.jpg

AdventurerKat
09-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I always decorate my windows for Halloween at WDW when I am there. :)

allaboutmm
09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
OMG- how funny are you people :rotfl: What a great idea :idea: !!! When we are down there in December, you look for the window @ the PC with the decorations , ::yes:: Yup.....that will be my window!!! :teeth:

dthogue
09-18-2005, 08:13 PM
My DD and I stayed at CBR in August for a 3v3 Soccer tournament and we decorated our window. I printed out pictures of each of the players, mounted them on scrapbook paper and taped them to the window. We also made signs saying "Good Luck" "Go Warriors FC" and carton pictures of girls playing soccer with their names. On the door, I made a magnetic sign with a group picture of the girls when they won the tournament to qualify for Nationals.

Needless to say, we had alot of visitors at our window looking at the pictures. Just remember to keep your blind/sheers closed or you will have people looking into your window. It also makes it easy for you to find your room :rolleyes:

We are staying at POFQ for Xmas and I am taking static clings and signs/door magnets wishing everyone a happy holiday as well as lights for our window. Stop by and see us!!

Oh buy the way, I did clean the window before we left so we didn't make any extra work for the mousekeepers ::MickeyMo

Tammy

lacy1101
09-18-2005, 09:58 PM
we are going to be at pop century sept 30-oct 9 and i have my mickey halloween lights to take..we are going to stick them in the window..i might take a few light up pumpkins too.....we love to look at the windows and see all the stuff people stick in them..

cyndibelle - I'll be looking for your lights. We'll be at Pop 09/30-10/09, too! My DD has a Pluto and Tigger that we may put in our window. Haven't really thought of anything else yet. Does anyone ever write on their window with those window markers?

tinksgirl
09-19-2005, 02:03 PM
For our christmas stay at the contemporary i bought gel gems they work really well,battery operated xmas lights for the balcony,and made a mickey head wreath for the door (hung it with a suction cup) also set up a pink princess xmas tree in front of the balcony!!!i didnt take pics but it looked really cool.

pamouselover
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I will be going for the gauty looking window look.... :rotfl: in just four days! :cool1:

DisOrBust
09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I think all of us DISERS should put a lime green mickey head in the window. Like the Home depot paint chip!!

cyndibelle
09-19-2005, 05:32 PM
cyndibelle - I'll be looking for your lights. We'll be at Pop 09/30-10/09, too! My DD has a Pluto and Tigger that we may put in our window. Haven't really thought of anything else yet. Does anyone ever write on their window with those window markers?

cool cool.....if you see our room ..leave us a little note....we are so excited..are you doing mnsshp ???

cyndibelle
09-19-2005, 05:33 PM
yea i will put something lime green in my window...i have a cup i can take and stick some stuff in it...good idea...

eeyore45
09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Just called mom, she is "on it"!! :rotfl2: She gets to pick up Halloween stuff for TWO windows!! She's not decorated for Halloween in oh, almost 15 years!! "how big are the windows?" "Not THAT big mom!" :rotfl2:

POR Oct 4 - 11 hopefully connecting rooms

mickeysaver
09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
We decorated our window at POP back in December of 2003. We had window clings of skating penguins. It was cute, but unfortunately, the photos didn't turn out well. But, we have plans to decorate the window at CSR this year and there will be a little lime green there too. Maggie

lacy1101
09-20-2005, 05:41 AM
cool cool.....if you see our room ..leave us a little note....we are so excited..are you doing mnsshp ???

I will! We are not doing MNSSHP. We've never done one and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll regret that decision. The idea just didn't seem to excite our family that much and, of course, you have the additional expense for the 4 of us to go. I've gone over budget already on this trip!! (I'm surprising my DH and DS with a round of golf at The Magnolia!) :ssst:

Now, if they don't expect golf every trip after this, we may have to do the party next time. :scratchin

And, yes, I'm veeeerrrrrrrry excited!!

tinkermell
09-23-2005, 10:25 AM
For our christmas stay at the contemporary i bought gel gems they work really well,battery operated xmas lights for the balcony,and made a mickey head wreath for the door (hung it with a suction cup) also set up a pink princess xmas tree in front of the balcony!!!i didnt take pics but it looked really cool.
What are gel gems????? Love all these ideals. We're going late Dec and will be there till Christmas Day. We're staying at POFQ, so don't think we can decorate the balcony. Would like to have a small table tree and lights for the window. How did your suction cup work on the door? Are the doors metal, and are they at all of the resorts do you know??? Would also love to put a little wreath on the door. My DH is going to die when he hears of all of this. Since we will be there for Christmas, I am not doing much decorating at home. So this will take the place. HEE! HEE! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks! :flower:

jonestavern
09-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Yikes!
I never decorate our windows :blush: --although, we've certainly enjoyed looking at the decorations :sunny:
Well, today is the 1st day of the rest of my life & you can bet I'll be planning our
windows! thanks for all the ideas! ;)

Jean

pooh2001
09-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Wow - we normally get some Disney themed window clings. I found some Pooh characters (fall leaves style) at the food store. I normally place a few in the windows and on the mirrors.

LIME GREEN Mickey Head - what a great idea.
How about buying Lime Green poster board paper.
Cut out a Mickey head. Punch one hole to neat the top
of Mickey's head - or one at the top of each ear.
Make sure the Mickey head will fit in your suitcase. Pack it on the bottom.
Buy at the $1 store, plastic suction cup hooks to use on the window.
Hang the lime green poster board in the window - or sliding glass doors.

You can always hang the Lime Green Mickey head to the side, by the curtain so it does not obstruct your view.

You'll be able to see your room better, than the Mickey head paint chips.
The paint chips would be hard to see if you have a 5th or 8th floor room at a deluxe resort.

I have tied a red/white/blue bandana to the balcony railing
so we could point out our room from the ground.

If everyone does the Lime Green Mickey head - it would look great from the ground of the Y/BC, GF, WL, Contemp... but you best place something else
on the balcony - or you will not know which Lime Green Mickey head is your room !

momsgoofy
09-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Oooooh! I hadn't thought about the gel gems or the window clings...gotta add that to my Christmas decorating list. Like another poster, we'll be there 12/18 to 12/25, so not decorating at home. I'm actually disappointed with BigLots, the dollar stores, and about every store this year...the only year that I'm wanting Christmas decorations to show up early and they aren't.

So far, I'm planning on a string of outdoor lights and extension cord in hopes of a balcony at SSR, which is pretty likely, a mini tree and wreath. I did find a small (about 10 inches in diameter) wreath at Dollar Tree that I'm gonna decorate with Mickey heads from Home Depot. The neighbor kid was doing a school fundraiser and the catalog had 12 mini (1 inch) Dinsey ornaments so I ordered them. I've gotta get the tree and lights for it. I'm also gonna snag some Mickey heads to turn into lightweight, packable ornaments. Oh, and am trying to find some inexpensive stockings for us...if not I'm gonna make them myself.

So, keep the ideas coming...

IwasatWDWforamonth
09-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Last year at all star sports, I had my stuffed emu and hamster eating a sub sandwich in the window,
As people walked by I would hear "Is that real?"

NoelGypsy
09-24-2005, 05:42 PM
***** :scratchin :idea: NoelGypsy adding to the list of things to pack, Lime Green poster board shaped as a Mickey Head!! ::yes:: ******

Great idea Pooh2001 :cool1:

cyndibelle
09-24-2005, 05:56 PM
i am gonna go and see what i can find....i am gonna make a mickey head too...lime green of course....i am gonna carry around paper with me and any room i see while at pop with lime green in the window i am gonna leave em a little note.... :wave2:

twoeeyy
09-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Our window will be decorated in a birthday / halloween theme. This trip is for our DD 13th birthday. She will be 13 on the 12th :bday:

cyndibelle
09-24-2005, 08:33 PM
ok i got my mickey made....and got some window clingys....plus our orange mickey head lights ....i think i might go to the disney store tomorrow and see what they have....this is gonna be fun fun fun...

eeyore45
09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
extension cord - BIRTHDAY THEME!!! *duh!!!

Just talked to my mom, she was so excited, she says she "cleaned out Walgreens and Target" so we can decorate our windows!! :earseek:

Come check us out - probably a mansion at POR Oct 4!!

Deweysgirl
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Our window will be decorated in a birthday / halloween theme. This trip is for our DD 13th birthday. She will be 13 on the 12th :bday:

We'll be at POP 10/7 - 10/9 celebrating DD's 11th birthday. We'll have our window decorated in birthday theme. We can hardly wait! :goodvibes

NoelGypsy
10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I just saw, for the first time, the Gem Gels that Tinksgirl is talking about. I never saw them anywhere before. I was in a dollar tree and saw them, they are very cool looking!! I usually use vinyl clings ... so how do the Gel Gems compare to the vinyl clings? And how do you store the Gel Gems?

For our christmas stay at the contemporary i bought gel gems

karebear1
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow - we normally get some Disney themed window clings. I found some Pooh characters (fall leaves style) at the food store. I normally place a few in the windows and on the mirrors.

You can always hang the Lime Green Mickey head to the side, by the curtain so it does not obstruct your view.

You'll be able to see your room better, than the Mickey head paint chips.
The paint chips would be hard to see if you have a 5th or 8th floor room at a deluxe resort.

I have tied a red/white/blue bandana to the balcony railing
so we could point out our room from the ground.

If everyone does the Lime Green Mickey head - it would look great from the ground of the Y/BC, GF, WL, Contemp... but you best place something else
on the balcony - or you will not know which Lime Green Mickey head is your room !

Most office stores have the blank plastic cling "paper"- you can print what you want on them from your computer. They'd be lighter and way easier to pack (less room) and you can just stick them on your window.

NoelGypsy
10-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Any pictures of a Halloween Hotel Window yet ;) ??

NoelGypsy
11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone have all their Christmas decorations ready for their windows at Disney? :flower:

foxfire
11-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I have a few things but still working on my list because I want to find more Disney themed items to use. At Dollar Tree, I found a cute stuffed Santa and snowman about 6-8 inches high to sit in the window. They also had stuffed gingerbread people about 4 inches high so I got some of them, too. These are all made of that really soft squishy stuff so they will pack well and not take up too much room. I had a small Pooh bear at home that I have dressed up with a Christmas sweater and matching ski hat. I think I'll go to Home Depot for several lime green Mickey heads to scatter about in the window. What other Christmasy Disney things can I be looking for that will pack well and not be bulky?

angels05
11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
This is the first time we will be staying onsite since 1994 - whew! I never knew everyone decorated their windows. What a great idea! I'm adding Christmas decoration to our packing list. :Pinkbounc

Nevergrow'nup
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Is it too soon to hang up Christmas decorations?? We are arriving late on T-day so its kind of late to do turkeys and stuff. With the parks decorated for Christmas, what is everyone doing for decorations????

RussH
11-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Just picked the last of my xmas lights for the window at POP Dec 3-12. This year snowmen and starbursts with of course a Lime Green DIS oval. The lights help me get back to the right room when Petals closes.
As far as when to decorate this year I would say when ever you want the 1st local radio station changed over to all holiday music yesterday.

DWjunkie
11-08-2005, 07:20 PM
OH MY......first time onsite, didn't know about window decorating. Can i do this is Feb? or is it just for halloween and christmas?
What are some cool ideas?

mickeysaver
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
We have a plan! You have no idea how glad I was to find lime green was a popular color in craft foam decorations this year. lol

We created 3 craft foam boards for the window. One is for us, with stockings with our names on them and it says Merry Christmas at the bottom. My stocking is backed with lime green of course. There is a board for Tux Does Disney with lime green snowflakes! And finally there is a board that took lots of time. It has the train from my signature block. Tux is driving and it holding a sign that says Walt Disney World or Bust with Mickeysaver at the bottom of the page. We found some nice ribbon and will hang them from the curtain rod in the window. I can not wait to put them up because they are just too stinkin' cute. I believe we will have some twinkle lights strung up in the window too.

I will say that this has caused me to have a new found appreciate for craft foam art. I would have never thought that something that looks that simple could take that much time to make it look really good. Maggie

momsgoofy
11-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Anyone have all their Christmas decorations ready for their windows at Disney? :flower:

I'm just about finished. I have a small (14 inch) tree with lights, some inexpensive ornaments...(might add a few Mickey heads courtesy of Home Depot)...got a small (about 12 inch) wreath to decorate with some traditional holly or poinsetta and a Mickey head, 3 stockings to hang in the room, a strand of lights for outside, a few window clings and a candy cane spinner sock. I just need to be sure to grab a couple extra extension cords to take with us then I am done. :teeth: I also have a few small items for stockings, but can't decide to take or leave them. I might just leave them here and let them open those with the big gifts when we get home... :scratchin

I hadn't given much thought to a big Mickey head in lime green...but the foam stuff is pretty easy to work with so I just might go get some...maybe add a Santa hat to Mr. Mickey...heck the red will go nicely with the lime green... :smooth:

I'm just gonna be bummed if we get a first floor room at SSR...where will I hang the lights if I don't have a balcony to drape them on? :confused3

NoelGypsy
11-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Is it too soon to hang up Christmas decorations?? We are arriving late on T-day so its kind of late to do turkeys and stuff. With the parks decorated for Christmas, what is everyone doing for decorations????
It is never too soon for Christmas decorations!!! :rotfl2:
But seriously, the parks will be decorated so decorate. I am going to get some gel clings and vinyl clings and some lights. And a lime green mickey head.

OH MY......first time onsite, didn't know about window decorating. Can i do this is Feb? or is it just for halloween and christmas?
What are some cool ideas?
People do it all year long. In February you can do hearts or whatever. We always put towels we bring and stuff we buy in the parks in the window. It also helps you to find your room ;) They all look alike... :rotfl2:
When there are competitions going on winning teams put their trophys and awards in the windows.

I'm just gonna be bummed if we get a first floor room at SSR...where will I hang the lights if I don't have a balcony to drape them on? :confused3
If you do not have a balcony, we are bringing suction cups with the little hooks to hang our lights in the window :goodvibes .

goofy4tink
11-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Oh dear heaven....something else for me to plan!!! Off to the dollar store to se what I can find!!!

urglewurgle
11-09-2005, 06:04 AM
*butting in*

PLEASE all take piccies! i can't wait to see!!

Mad4Mickey
11-09-2005, 07:55 AM
We stay at the WL but I decorate around the door and on the door. This year I brought some cute pumpkin ( we go around halloween) garland and someone on the 3rd night STOLE it Bawhwhaa even our Mousekeeper was on the lookout for it to get it back . : ) It was not Disney who took it we talked to most of the concierge staff and they all thought it was cute

RickinNYC
11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
We stay at the WL but I decorate around the door and on the door. This year I brought some cute pumpkin ( we go around halloween) garland and someone on the 3rd night STOLE it Bawhwhaa even our Mousekeeper was on the lookout for it to get it back . : ) It was not Disney who took it we talked to most of the concierge staff and they all thought it was cute

I repelled up the outside wall to the concierge floor and stole the garland. There, I said it.

ugadog99
11-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Can someone please explain the gel gems and where to find them?

TIA!!

tinkermell
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I also am wondering what gel gems are????? Also does anybody know where I can find tiny Disney ornaments for a miniature tinsel tree. Thanks so much!!! :flower:

TIGGER'SFRIEND
11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm trying to post a pic!!

paj28
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Heres a website about the gel gems

http://www.gelgems.com/default.asp

momsgoofy
11-09-2005, 09:38 PM
It is never too soon for Christmas decorations!!! :rotfl2:
But seriously, the parks will be decorated so decorate. I am going to get some gel clings and vinyl clings and some lights. And a lime green mickey head.

People do it all year long. In February you can do hearts or whatever. We always put towels we bring and stuff we buy in the parks in the window. It also helps you to find your room ;) They all look alike... :rotfl2:
When there are competitions going on winning teams put their trophys and awards in the windows.

If you do not have a balcony, we are bringing suction cups with the little hooks to hang our lights in the window :goodvibes .

Ah, why didn't I think of that....suction cups! I know that I've got some around the house. Thanks for the tip!

tinkermell
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Heres a website about the gel gems

http://www.gelgems.com/default.aspFinally!!! Thankyou so much!! Now where can I buy them or do I have to get them off of the net??? :flower:

NoelGypsy
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Finally!!! Thankyou so much!! Now where can I buy them or do I have to get them off of the net??? :flower:

Last time I was in Dollar Tree and Walmart they had them. In fact Walmart had out the Christmas ones, they are ADORABLE!! Xmas Trees and snowmen, and they had some snowflakes. :wizard:

ellyn2000
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I can't believe I've never done this! Thank heaven I found out now because I only have 12 months to come up with a plan.........You guys have a wonderful time and thanks for the inspiration! :flower:

tinkermell
11-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Last time I was in Dollar Tree and Walmart they had them. In fact Walmart had out the Christmas ones, they are ADORABLE!! Xmas Trees and snowmen, and they had some snowflakes. :wizard:Thanks!! Can't beleive I haven't seen them at Walmart. Of course the last time I was there I was on the look out for tiny Disney ornaments. One track mind you know!!! :rolleyes1 :flower:

ellyn2000 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

NoelGypsy
11-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Any hotel window pictures for Christmas yet?? I cant wait to see them :cool1:

hegs65
11-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I just bought gel gems at walgreens the other day. They are adorable! They came in 3-4 different designs! Look for ours if you are at POR on Monday 11/28/05.

Oh and I will be sure to take pictures!

TSMAMI
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
bumping....I would love to see some pictures of decorated windows if anyone has them. We are thinking of doing it this July!

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
I love decorating my window at Pop! Here is my window from May 2007:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/miladymajor/PopDecoratedWindow.jpg

Kind of simple, but I loved it! I also had a posterboard on my door for anyone to sign - it was full of signatures from people all across the US by the end of the week! :teeth:

I'll be decorating again in December! I'm hoping I can find some Disney Christmas window clings at Walgreen's or the Dollar Store nearby. Thinking of making a Christmas tree out of Mickey heads. Also planning on using garland, fake snow and maybe even Christmas lights too! Woo-Hoo! :woohoo:

TSMAMI
05-15-2008, 07:30 AM

Kind of simple, but I loved it! I also had a posterboard on my door for anyone to sign - it was full of signatures from people all across the US by the end of the week! :teeth:

I'll be decorating again in December! I'm hoping I can find some Disney Christmas window clings at Walgreen's or the Dollar Store nearby. Thinking of making a Christmas tree out of Mickey heads. Also planning on using garland, fake snow and maybe even Christmas lights too! Woo-Hoo! :woohoo:

Wow! I love it! What a great job.:thumbsup2

mouseaddicts
05-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Okay - I love it! And we will be at Pop next weekend! I cannot believe I haven't even thought about doing this yet!!! :upsidedow So, I have this weekend to go get lime green poster board and think up some decorations, etc! :idea: I'm open to additional suggestions ....... :confused3

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow! I love it! What a great job.:thumbsup2

Aww, thank you! :goodvibes It was the first thing I did once we got checked into the room. I had so much fun decorating! I really wasn't terribly creative, though. . .Just used Mickey heads from Home Depot, lime green posterboard and I printed some logos off the internet. . .next time around, I plan on going all out!

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Okay - I love it! And we will be at Pop next weekend! I cannot believe I haven't even thought about doing this yet!!! :upsidedow So, I have this weekend to go get lime green poster board and think up some decorations, etc! :idea: I'm open to additional suggestions ....... :confused3

Thanks! :goodvibes And don't worry - you still have time to plan a window! Let's see. . .how about going to Walgreen's or your local Dollar Store to find some Disney window clings to put in your window? And you could also go to your local craft store and find some scrapbooking embellishments - they should have plenty of Disney and spring-like & summer embellishments right now! My local Michael's store has tons of Disney scrapbooking supplies. You can also look for free Disney clipart on the internet - just be sure it's free to for the public to use. . .I've found a few sites out there. If you are going to WDW to celebrate a special occasion, be sure to put it on your posterboard! Also, here is a picture of the posterboards I made to put on our door for people to sign. I also punched a hole in the top of the posterboard and attached a pen with curling ribbon so people could sign the posterboard. It was full by the time we left! The second posterboard and "snooty-face" on the door were for a group of DISers called "The Mayers" who all went in May last year. . .oh, and don't mind me posing with my lime green Baggallini! :teeth:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/miladymajor/MewithourDecoratedPopDoor.jpg

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I almost forgot! You can also go to your local party store (like Party City) and pick up some string lights to hang in your window. . .I bought some last year that were in the shape of flowers and they were awesome! I just forgot to bring them to Orlando with me! :rotfl2: Only paid about $8 for them. . .if you do this, though, be sure to bring along some suction cup hooks to hang the lights in the window. And you'll most likely need an extension cord because the electrical outlet isn't close enough to the window for you to plug them in.

Also, if you have any Disney plush, you can put them in your window too!

Promomx2
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
And here I THOUGHT I was getting ahead of the game, finally finished Disney Vacation notebook with all important info, hours, schedule, spreadsheet, packing list. But I completely forgot about the window. Thinking of using home depot mickeys to form the state of Virginia, but that theme may change.

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:24 PM
bumping....I would love to see some pictures of decorated windows if anyone has them. We are thinking of doing it this July!

TSMAMI,

If you're going around the 4th of July, you could create an awesome Fourth of July window using Disney window clings, small American flags, maybe some Memorial Day/Fourth of July embellishments from your local craft store and some red, white and blue string lights from the party store. . .you could also make an awesome patriotic posterboard for people to sign. . .

If not, how about a summer beach party themed window with Disney window clings and luau-themed items from your local party store?

addicted2dizney
05-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Ha! I love it! Glad to see this thread was brought back to life after quite a while! I have been out buying things for my windows this week! I got a bunch of the Mickey heads like in the PP's picture, I got a bunch of window clings of Pooh, Tink, and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang and we will put our stuffed animals, towel animals.. ( if we get some!!) and I got some little resin Mickey figurines for the window as well! I can't wait to "move in" to the ASMu and decorate! :)

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
And here I THOUGHT I was getting ahead of the game, finally finished Disney Vacation notebook with all important info, hours, schedule, spreadsheet, packing list. But I completely forgot about the window. Thinking of using home depot mickeys to form the state of Virginia, but that theme may change.

For me, that's the fun part about planning. . .it seems that there's always something more to do!

I love your Mickey head idea! When are you going down to WDW?

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Ha! I love it! Glad to see this thread was brought back to life after quite a while! I have been out buying things for my windows this week! I got a bunch of the Mickey heads like in the PP's picture, I got a bunch of window clings of Pooh, Tink, and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse gang and we will put our stuffed animals, towel animals.. ( if we get some!!) and I got some little resin Mickey figurines for the window as well! I can't wait to "move in" to the ASMu and decorate! :)

Woo-hoo! Disney Window decorators unite! I've received towel animals from the Pop the last two times I went - they were really cute!

You'll all have to post your decorated window pictures when you return - I'd love to see them!

addicted2dizney
05-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks! :goodvibes And don't worry - you still have time to plan a window! Let's see. . .how about going to Walgreen's or your local Dollar Store to find some Disney window clings to put in your window? And you could also go to your local craft store and find some scrapbooking embellishments - they should have plenty of Disney and spring-like & summer embellishments right now! My local Michael's store has tons of Disney scrapbooking supplies. You can also look for free Disney clipart on the internet - just be sure it's free to for the public to use. . .I've found a few sites out there. If you are going to WDW to celebrate a special occasion, be sure to put it on your posterboard! Also, here is a picture of the posterboards I made to put on our door for people to sign. I also punched a hole in the top of the posterboard and attached a pen with curling ribbon so people could sign the posterboard. It was full by the time we left! The second posterboard and "snooty-face" on the door were for a group of DISers called "The Mayers" who all went in May last year. . .oh, and don't mind me posing with my lime green Baggallini! :teeth:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/miladymajor/MewithourDecoratedPopDoor.jpg

Just looked back a bit, I don't know how I missed this photo! Funny thing! I was a Mayer last year! :) I swear I stayed in the same room as you! If not very close, same angle, same building etc.. I'm trying to find out my room number, (checking old stuff to see if I have it written down somewhere!:confused3 ) I was there May 10th-13th. If you were there at the same time then it wouldn't be the same room but I swear that room number rings a bell with me! I had a lot of fun last year on the Mayer's thread! As of two days ago it's been a year since I've been to WDW:sad2: I can't wait till July 6th! I'm gonna be on:cloud9:

GoofyBaby
05-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Just looked back a bit, I don't know how I missed this photo! Funny thing! I was a Mayer last year! :) I swear I stayed in the same room as you! If not very close, same angle, same building etc.. I'm trying to find out my room number, (checking old stuff to see if I have it written down somewhere!:confused3 ) I was there May 10th-13th. If you were there at the same time then it wouldn't be the same room but I swear that room number rings a bell with me! I had a lot of fun last year on the Mayer's thread! As of two days ago it's been a year since I've been to WDW:sad2: I can't wait till July 6th! I'm gonna be on:cloud9:

Awww, howdy fellow Mayer! :wave2:
Is is very possible we had the same room because me and my best friend were there May 14-22! We checked in the day after you checkd out! How cool is it that we were there so close together? :snooty: I also had lots of fun on the MAYer board. I am so sad I couldn't be a MAYer this year (too much going on at school), but I certainly am looking forward to all of the Christmas decorations and happenings in December!

Your trip is getting so close! Here's lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for a magical trip!

addicted2dizney
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Awww, howdy fellow Mayer! :wave2:
Is is very possible we had the same room because me and my best friend were there May 14-22! We checked in the day after you checkd out! How cool is it that we were there so close together? :snooty: I also had lots of fun on the MAYer board. I am so sad I couldn't be a MAYer this year (too much going on at school), but I certainly am looking forward to all of the Christmas decorations and happenings in December!

Your trip is getting so close! Here's lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for a magical trip!

Wow! That is so funny! Very well may have been the same room! Christmas is a great time of year to go. thanks for the pixiedust! Here's some back for your trip!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Promomx2
05-23-2008, 10:55 AM
For me, that's the fun part about planning. . .it seems that there's always something more to do!

I love your Mickey head idea! When are you going down to WDW?

Sorry i didn't get back sooner, life keeps getting in the way of my Disney planning.:rolleyes1 We're going down June 29 and leaving July 4th. By the way doesn anyone know an easy way to get the home depot mickey heads off the backer paper other than just carefully peeling it?

GoofyBaby
05-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Sorry i didn't get back sooner, life keeps getting in the way of my Disney planning.:rolleyes1 We're going down June 29 and leaving July 4th. By the way doesn anyone know an easy way to get the home depot mickey heads off the backer paper other than just carefully peeling it?

You can put them in the microwave (can't remember how long) and they will peel off easily from the backing. . .or you can also soak them in water and carefully peel the back off and then let them air dry. But what I did was just carefully cut the backing off with scissors. . .I know, more work, but I tend to do things the hard way! :teeth:

SINYMom
05-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Stayed at SSR last year and decorated my windows with designs created from foam sheets and Disney themed scrapbook designs.

Going for full disclosure here - I am not creative, :confused3 I do however, have a good friend that is very creative. :worship: Yes, bless her heart, she came to my house and created most of what went on my windows.

Put everything in folders, placed carefully in luggage so as not to get bent, remembered the suction cup hooks and - Viola!!! we got windows that looked out to NOTHING, no one, nada. :worried:

My husband thought I was nuts, first with the expense, then the time creating them, packing, putting them up, and most likely - no one saw them. But, is that going to stop me from doing it all again - no. :rolleyes1

I still have everything from last year and am looking forward to decorating my windows at the Boardwalk Villas this August. - Maybe I should add some lights? or a door sign? or??

RFrank9504
05-28-2008, 07:23 AM
aack WINDOW DECORATIONS!! Not on my list... quick find the list!!

:teeth: :goodvibes :wizard: :cheer2:
LMAO-thats great!

Promomx2
06-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Any ideas out there? I'm racking my brain trying to figure some sort of clear plastic that I could use to attach my mickey heads to for our window at the POP. I plan on using all the ones that I have "borrowed". I want to start on the window design this weekend, trying to get the family as excited as I am.:surfweb:

TSMAMI
06-04-2008, 03:48 PM

DID YOU TAPE THOSE ON?

GoofyBaby
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
DID YOU TAPE THOSE ON?

Yes I did, with small pieces of Scotch tape. They were very easy to peel off at the end of our vacation and I made sure not to leave any sticky residue behind. :thumbsup2

Promomx2
06-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Great window and great ideas for Christmas.