PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones

hojo
09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I am one of the last holdouts I think that doesn't have a cell phone yet. Do they rent cell phones or walkie talkies at Disney?

marathonmommy
09-16-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't know if they rent them - I would doubt it. There aren't enought frequencies to handle it. I can't imagine they would encourage it. Everybody and his brother had one the last time we were there. Sharing frequencies can lead to prankster games! I've witnessed this myself!

hojo
09-16-2005, 03:02 PM
I think I will have to bite the bullet and join the masses.....

marathonmommy
09-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Don't feel bad. We did, too. Although we barely used them.

Stacy's a freak
09-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I used to be one of those people that NEVER wanted a cell phone - I mean, who wants to be found at all times?! Well, I've given in and now I wonder how I made it without one. So take it from this convert, they're good to have and pretty inexensive. Sorry :rolleyes:

drakethib
09-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I am one of the last holdouts I think that doesn't have a cell phone yet. Do they rent cell phones or walkie talkies at Disney?

I bought my mom one of those 10 cent per minute prepaid for next to nothing and they work great as she is a very low cel user.

huey578
09-16-2005, 07:22 PM
A couple of years ago,I asked the same question to guest relations. Turns out they do rent but it was for an absurb amount.

marathonmommy
09-16-2005, 07:39 PM
To clarify, I was referring to the walkie talkies.

I have a cell phone and could NOT imagine life without one!

scrappystamper1
09-19-2005, 09:34 PM
I have a cell phone and I agree that there is a time and a place fo them.
Here is my biggest beef with cell phones.....

Please have some respect when using them. Is it REALLY necessary to sit at a fireworks show and talk on the phone? Do I really need to hear..." Hi Jill? yeah, it's me, we had like, so much fun today, what, I can't hear you we're at the fireworks show, Oh yeah it's great. here, I'll hold up the phone so you can hear too..." get the picture? ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

talk on the phone when you get home.
Why does EVERYONE feel like they have to talk on the phone every where. standing in line, on the bus, loading the ride, waiting for character....

Why can't we just enjoy the moment? My husband and I used walkie talkies last year and they worked out well. I know...I should jump off my soapbox.
Just my two cents,

Janet