PDA

View Full Version : Just need the finishing touches

disneybuff13
09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Ok, So I am approx 3 months for proposing to my GF and I have the whole thing set up. I have bought the ring and am hiding it at a relative's house. I will be proposing at the Coral reef Restaurant on our first night there. Afterwards, I am hoping to get on the Illuminations Cruise. My date for request is sept 29th. The questions I have are 1) what should I do with the ring all day? 2) How much does the cruise cost. and 3) any other suggestions on how to make the day more special. It will be our first time at WDW and i have 2 days at the resort afterwards.

Laurafoster
09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
i hate to say it but getting on the cruise on the 29th is not likely! They only have about 6 boats and you can book them 90 days in advance, once there gone thats it. We are going on the 17th and come back on the4th October - we had to phone up every morning at 7am florida time and we still could not get one. Hopefully they might have a cancellation on your date though? Not sure how much the cruise is, about $130 for the boat i think. If you look on the disney website you should find the details - sorry i cant help more.

EvilinaDM101
09-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi Disneybuff!!

First off, CONGRATS!! There is SOOO much that you can do for an engagement at Disney! As for the prices for the Illuminations cruise last time I checked, a cruise on a pontoon boat the rate was $150.00 If you go to the trip boards there may be a confirmed price there. I would maybe have something set up back at the room after the proposal (maybe a gift basket, some bubbly, etc.) Umm we've dined at the Coral Reef and the food was GREAT! HTH :p

Shonnel :earsgirl:

Also if you try for your cruise and nothing is available, don't give up hope because my FDH tried and tried and 3 days before we were supposed to leave he FINALLY got one! Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!

Tinkerbelle14
09-15-2005, 11:35 AM
My fiance proposed on our first day in Disney too and he hid the ring in two places that I wouldn't look. On the way there, the ring was hidden in his bag with his shaving cream etc, that he would be bringing on the plane. On the evening of the proposal, he told me that he wanted to take pictures at downtown disney before we headed to the fireworks at Magic Kingdom (where he proposed), so he hid the ring in the camera case. Then, about 20 minutes before he proposed, he pretended that his stomach was upset and went to the washroom to transfer the ring from his bag to his pocket.
Hope this helps you in your attempt to hide the ring!

disneybuff13
09-15-2005, 02:30 PM
My trip is in december, They are telling me to call on Sept. 29th to set up the cruise

EvilinaDM101
09-15-2005, 02:45 PM
This has GREAT info on the cruises!
Good Luck!! :wizard: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=560160

Moonbeams
09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
If you are okay sharing a cruise, you could look on other DIS boards (like the Trip Planning board) where people post that they have a cruise booked and are willing to share. Since you plan to propose at Coral Reef, not on the boat, you might feel okay to share a boat. Or, if you find some nice people to share with, maybe you let them in on the secret and have them ready with cameras to capture the moment when you propose on the boat.

Jennifer

disneybuff13
09-29-2005, 06:12 AM
I'd Like to thank you all for ll your help with getting the cruise! I was able to set it up. I am still trying to think of ways to hide the ring during the day so it is safe, but out of her sight. Please let me know any ideas you may have. You all have been wonderful!

carolfoy
09-29-2005, 06:20 AM
What a wonderful surprise, the only thing I could think of to do with the ring would be for you to book a character meal and ask if one of the characters could give her the box, then you get down on one knee! I'm sure you could make your excuses earlier in the meal and ask a cm to set it up for you

Eric-n-Ariel
09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
I'd Like to thank you all for ll your help with getting the cruise! I was able to set it up. I am still trying to think of ways to hide the ring during the day so it is safe, but out of her sight. Please let me know any ideas you may have. You all have been wonderful!
Is there anything that you'd typically carry around that she won't use? A sunglasses case? Pocket on the camera case? Anything? To keep it a surprise you just need to be as normal as possible, you know?

Boo0105
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
My FDH proposed to me at EPCOT during Illuminations. He kept the ring in his backpack, He kept it wrapped in an extra shirt he had bought with him. I thought nothing of it since it was hot and he tends to sweat, he kept it all the way in the bottom. Since I was busy watching the fireworks he was able to take the ring out of the backpack without me noticing.

FutureAshleyDukes
09-29-2005, 12:15 PM
If the Illuminations cruises are booked up, maybe you could book a Wishes cruise. They usually have a higher availability than illuminations cruises do. I was able to book a Wishes cruise just a month before our last trip. The only thing is after your dinner you'd have to make your way to the Wilderness Lodge to board. Good luck and best wishes!