PDA

View Full Version : The ceremony

rosiejo
09-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Ok I'm 2 months out and suddenly realised I have no idea what happens in the ceremony... we're a UK intimate so our officiant is picked by Disney - I know the ceremony lasts about 15 minutes... but what do we actually say??? Since there's no rehearsal I'd like to know before hand so we can practice!!!

Please help

RJ

rosiejo
09-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Sorry guys but I'm just bumping this - please help me out here...

disney13
09-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Rosiejo,

Have things changed then? When we got married last month, we had to contact the Officiant ourselves (even though the cost was covered by Disney), confirm his attendance and, basically, came up with the wording for the ceremony. If Disney are going to be choosing which officiant will be at your wedding, why don't you ask your EM who it will be and contact them directly. We choose Rev Jack Day for our wedding and, to be honest, he couldn't do enough for us. Lovely man who made us feel very special.

I'm sure that once you know who it will be, they will help you with the wording so you can practice! I know we did!!!

Take care,
Andy

eblondie
09-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Im a UK Intimate bride too but we had to choose our own officiant and write our own ceremony.

rosiejo
09-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Oh blimey now I'm panicking!

Maybe the documents said Virgin would pick the officiant rather than Disney... I better get onto my virgin co-ordinator... I don't have a Disney EM.

Thanks for the responses

RJ

karentan
09-17-2005, 06:14 AM
want to know about this too, as far as i was aware virgin did this for us. rosie, i phoned disney weddings a couple of days ago and i've got the direct number for the lady who deals with all the virgin bookings. if you want the number email me on lifestyleleisure@vodafone.net

karentan
09-19-2005, 08:02 AM
thinking i'm going to phone the woman at FTW to make sure about this but just to ask, who did everyone book with when they had to sort their own officiant? did you book with disney or a travel agent?

rosiejo
09-20-2005, 01:29 AM
thinking i'm going to phone the woman at FTW to make sure about this but just to ask, who did everyone book with when they had to sort their own officiant? did you book with disney or a travel agent?

Kaen - I've just had an email from my Virgin rep. She says they book the officiant and has attached two ceremony wordings for me to look at - not got time to look now as I'm just getting ready for work but PM me your email address and I'll forward you the info.

RJ