PDA

View Full Version : First trip without kids

tcw02
09-07-2001, 07:03 AM
I am going to disney 11/7 - 11/12 with my mom and dad to celebrate my 35th birthday! DH and Dkids are not coming. I have to admit that I have spent some time agonizing over not taking the kids (especially my 9 yr DD who loves disney as much as I do! - DH and DS (almost 13) have not been bitten by the disney bug (I'm still hoping!)).

So any tips for a first time adult only trip? I have to admit I am looking forward to doing what I want and no whiny grouchy kids! As good as my kids are there is always at least one whiny, grouchy incident!

Boots
09-08-2001, 10:43 PM
Last May DH and I went with our DD and son in law. It was definately different, but we all had a wonderful time. Our course all my children are grown so..... Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Blue, dear.
09-09-2001, 04:53 PM
tcw - walk through Fantasyland during peak-time, and just smile at the humongous line at Dumbo. :D DH and I are going it alone in January and we have no plans on even going NEAR Fantasyland! JOY!

BelleMom
09-09-2001, 10:20 PM
tcw: do you like to stroll on WS? For me, one of the hardest things with the kids it is to stroll leisurely enough there, watching the street performers, finding nooks and crannies at the pavillions. On my first solo trip, last year, I took backstage tours: they were fascinating. One thing that I enjoy a lot it is outside the parks: just roam around a resort, visiting the grounds, having lunch or dinner there. I have done that with kids, but it is always more hurried.