PDA

View Full Version : Book geek needs and wants...

allaboutmm
09-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Disneyworld trip book? I have already read Birnbaums 2005 for my up coming trip. But I know that there are other books...about the hidden Mickeys, behind the scence, etc... Please let me what the titles are, and a quick blurb on what the book is about. Thanks :wave2:

Colinsmom
09-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I really liked the Unofficial Guide. You can probably skim through older editions at the library, see what looks interesting, and then buy the latest copy on amazon or whatever.

PrincessKitty
09-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Another vote for the Unofficial Guide! DH just gave me the 2006 edition for my birthday. Besides being very informative about ALL aspects of WDW, it's a fun read! It's written in a very accessible, humorous manner.

ceecee
09-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Birnbaum's is my favorite and Birnbaums for Kids. I've read them all, but that has to be my overall favorite.

OhioTony
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
As you are posting on the Budget Board..I recomend hopping to the local library & checking out The Big Little Book of Disney and one of my favorite Disney trivia books..Mouse Under Glass..Both have SOOOOO much fun info.

ps.. Mrs. OhioTony loved these books also! :wave2:

donaldtutter
09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
unofficial guide

Soupermom
09-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Unoffical Guide! I got mine at Amazon for under $13...plus Free shipping with orders of $25 or more. :teeth:

CinderellaIam
09-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. Looking for a bargain? I got mine on www.overstock.com for $12.58 and $1.00 for shipping.

jay-nee
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
the Passporter series. I have read them all and our families opinion is that it's the best out there.

Happy Sunday! :sunny:

mickeyluv'r
09-11-2005, 10:58 AM
I haven't seen the new special needs Passporter yet (should be getting one at the end of the month), but judging from excerpts I've seen online, this one looks interesting, especially if you have any special needs (restricted diets, Pooh-sized person, infants, etc.) in your group.

Another one that sounds interesting is Disney on a Dime - with money saving tips. Again, I haven't seen this one yet, but if you order soon, you can get it for just $8.42.
Here's the link for this deal: http://www.TheOtherOrlando.com/disneyonadime.html

ChristyJ
09-11-2005, 03:07 PM
My two favorites are the PassPorter and Unoffical Guide-both have great tips, breakdowns of info., plans, money-saving ideas, etc.

I love Unofficial's guide to the parks (calendar of how busy each park might be)! As for Passporter-I especially like the writing style used throughout!

newtowdw1
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
If you are a book geek (like me!) you'll want to check everything out at the library before you buy...just more cost effective! THEN by the greatest TG...unofficial guide. Stopped at B&N last night, sent DH in and he came out clutching a bag. I did not get all excited, however, knowing that DH is a bg too. He told me they had UG2004 on a really good sale so he got me that one...I believed him a little bit. Definitely a possibility! But he was good. Got me UG 2006.

You can save significantly buying on line, but I needed a fix!

AKQJ10
10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I kinda like the Walt Disney World Trivia Book :rolleyes1

I'm a WDW book junkie. Just a couple of my other favorites:

Hidden Mickeys
Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World
Disney on a Dime
UG