PDA

View Full Version : Anyone? Help me crunch numbers?!

jrjac
09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Anyone up to helping me crunch numbers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the "dreaming stage" of planning our next trip.
If all works out as I so hope it does, it will be the first time we are all together is soo long! :grouphug: DH, myself, kids and grandkids.
6 adults
(1) 9 year old
(1) 5 year old
(1) 2 year old

Since we would be picking up the tab for everyone, we would have to cut costs where ever possible-and definitely want to have the dining plan.
After crunching some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised! :goodvibes
So pleasantly surprised that I feel I may have not crunched the numbers correctly?! (Of course, these are just rough numbers for now-no taxes, etc)
So, this is what I have so far....

6 DAYS/ 5 NIGHTS

3 ROOMS (a must!)AT A VALUE RESORT in value season = $1200.-

BASE TICKETS (no park hoppers) = $1490.-

DINING PLAN = $1150.-

FOR A TOTAL OF $3840.00

What you do think?!

klj27
09-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I am only guestimating here, but I would figure about $1500 for your room with taxes.

I would have to look up tickets, but your number seems logical.

I think the meal plan would be $1150.

This would make my guess not that different from yours: $4140.

Anyone up to helping me crunch numbers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the "dreaming stage" of planning our next trip.
If all works out as I so hope it does, it will be the first time we are all together is soo long! :grouphug: DH, myself, kids and grandkids.
6 adults
(1) 9 year old
(1) 5 year old
(1) 2 year old

Since we would be picking up the tab for everyone, we would have to cut costs where ever possible-and definitely want to have the dining plan.
After crunching some numbers, I was pleasantly surprised! :goodvibes
So pleasantly surprised that I feel I may have not crunched the numbers correctly?! (Of course, these are just rough numbers for now-no taxes, etc)
So, this is what I have so far....

6 DAYS/ 5 NIGHTS

3 ROOMS (a must!)AT A VALUE RESORT in value season = $1200.-

BASE TICKETS (no park hoppers) = $1490.-

DINING PLAN = $1150.-

FOR A TOTAL OF $3840.00

What you do think?!

dawnball
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Taxes will increase that some, but the numbers are fairly accurate, other things to consider:
tips for mousekeeping
travel (airfare or gas)
souveniers
extra dining costs (tips, alcohol, dole whip)
rental car/taxi if you need anything other than DME

Pat
09-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Have you given any thought to renting a house with four or five bedrooms? We have stayed at Disney resorts and at houses a few miles away. With the house, we are together but all have our own space.

CheapMom
09-10-2005, 06:29 AM
I am coming up with about $1305 for the resort- taxes included- so you were pretty close there.

I just wanted to say that it sounds so fun - all the kids and grandkids together... I hope when my kids are grown we can all do something like that.

jrjac
09-10-2005, 02:29 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone so far for their comments, tips and suggestions. They are all very much appreciated! Thank you! :goodvibes

Buzzsgramma
09-10-2005, 02:53 PM
We often take the kids and gr-kids...this fall for sure...we are DVC so that takes care of that....i have friends that wouldnt stay anywhere but a house that they rent for $800 for the wk with pool and 3 bd rms...we would never stay off site, have rented WL cabins, deluxes and moderates...CB,WL,Poly etc....when the gr kids were small we have had 3 strollers and carseats and plenty of 'back to the room' naps....how do you do that when you are off-site??? I buy all our passes thur Ticketmania, and when we have stayed in a hotel rm...watched for codes...always got 3 rms....we get a mini van so we can grocery shop(and visit the inlaws one day}....sign up for email specials for car rentals or a Mousesavers newsletter....if you dont need a car use DME I am signed up for that this time....and when its fyour familes b-day and c-mas give them Disney Dollars....as for air fare i faithfully watched the Transportation and Budget Board on here daily and got 11 SW air fares to Orlando for $115.00each RT....'I love to save so i can spend it at WDW...just my 2 cents....