PDA

View Full Version : disney magazine-

dsanner106
09-08-2005, 11:01 PM
I had a 4 yr sub to Disney magazine before their demise, and elected to
transfer to a disney adventures sub. It has been quite a while, and no
Disney Adventures mag yet. Anyone else still waiting????

Drew

Tracey1974
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I haven't gotten anything either- I wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the Disney magazine. I miss it!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

In Luv with Disney
09-08-2005, 11:37 PM
I still haven't gotten my magazine either! I opted for the FAMILY FUN magazine and NOTHING!!!!! :confused3

calypso*a*go-go
09-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Same here, I received the notification telling me they were no longer publishing and that I would automatically have Family Fun instead unless I wanted Disney Adventures. I sent the card back asking to change it and have not received a single issue yet. I was already getting Family Fun and noticed the subscription date had been extended. I called and asked that it be cancelled and got the runaround about it being different divisions, etc. Who knows what I'll end up with!

Good Ol Gal
09-09-2005, 05:15 AM
still nothing here either!!!

I was told it would start with the Aug/Sept issue.. can't remember which, but it seemed like a lifetime ago!

disneysnowflake
09-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Nothing for me, either.
I had several years left on my Disney Magazine subscription, too.
My son was looking forward to receiving Disney Adventures.

Mermaid02
09-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Waiting for Disney Adventures here too!

hallie615
09-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Since I have no children, I asked to get my money back, since the week before I found out they were stopping the mag, I renewed my subscription. I spoke to them again two weeks ago and they told me I would be getting a check in the mail soon. I have not gotten anything as of yet :hourglass :hourglass

funhouse8
09-09-2005, 06:39 AM
We already get these magizines so I asked for the check. I got it a couple of weeks ago. I also was so sad to see it go. Always looked forward to my next issue. :sad1:

DianeV
09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
No Disney Adventures here either..wonder who we can contact?

goofy370
09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
I haven't received anything either. There is nothing on that issue of Disney Magazine with a phone # or anything.

Good Ol Gal
09-09-2005, 07:24 AM
I just called to ask what is going on?????

Said it was transferred to Disney Adventures and we should have our first magazine by Sep 23.

I asked if there is another # for DA to contact them. She said I could call the same # or call 800-829-5146..

So I called the new DA# to verify they have my info and everything.. and got the SAME operator!!!!

She said.. we cover them too! :rolleyes:!!

I asked her why didn't you tell me that? Why did you give me a new phone # then???
"I said you could call the same number"

If you're wondering about your subscriptions, or want the status of your check.. give them a call.

n2mm
09-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Boy, I thought I was the only one. Glad to hear I'm in good company. I had 2 years left on my subcription. Thanks for posting the phone numbers.

hncg57c
09-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I called for a refund the week that we received the last Disney Magazine, and haven't got the check yet either.

lisajl
09-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the update! I was wondering what was taking them so long.

Thanks.
Lisa

The Disney Bunch
09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Still waiting here too! I was just thinking about this subject this morning as I was reading the last Disney Magazine with breakfast - I am going to really miss it!

kizmac
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Nothing here! I selected Family Fun. I have been wondering about it lately too. I wish it were all a bad dream and they would just bring back my beloved Disney Magazine. :sad:

smt218
09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
If you requested the refund check and its been awhile, I would call back. I waited awhile to receive the check after calling and never did. I finally called back, and was told, that they didn't have my request in the computer. So they put it through again, and I received the check pretty soon after that. This might not be whats happening to everyone, but wouldn't hurt to call and double check.

SoosieQ
09-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I called for a refund and within 2 weeks I had a check. If you haven't received it after this much time I would definitely call.

ibleedblue
09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
I got my first Family Fun magazine in yesterday. Haven't had a chance to browse through it yet though.

Tracey1974
09-09-2005, 04:52 PM
You know what? I just posted this morning that I hadn't gotten it and lo and behold, the July/August issue magically appeared in my mailbox this afternoon. It looks like it is a fun magazine- unfortunately, my US Weekly came in the mail today to and juicy tabloid gossip always takes precedence on Fridays!!

KMH1
09-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I got my first Family Fun magazine in yesterday. Haven't had a chance to browse through it yet though.

We got ours yesterday too, but it's the July/August issue, so it's pretty outdated. I miss Disney Magazine! :sad1:

Amy

mantaz
09-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I called to get a refund too. Lady told me 6-8 weeks for a check. Called back after 9 weeks and then a diff lady told me I needed to call the company that requested the refund, um hello that was ME. Then she gave the run around about needing to get the refund from the company that placed the order as I didn't go through Dis Mag directly. Well so far I have $6.00 of my 19.95. Waiting to hear from the head office about the other 13.00. I will probably have to call back again before this is all over with.

So if you haven't received your refunds yet, then I would say call back again!!

Angela

SeattleRedBear
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
I didn't want to receive either magazine (I WANT DISNEY MAGAZINE) so wrote "cancel" on the notice and returned it. About a month later, received refund for remaining subscription.