PDA

View Full Version : Light chasers or spinners

suzct
09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I would like to buy the kids some of these for nightime at the parades and such. Seems like they are fairly expensive in the parks. like $12 ea. Anyone know another place to get them cheaper? I woud need 3.

Thanks

donaldtutter
09-09-2005, 12:12 AM
disneydeals on ebay

jennifer293
09-09-2005, 06:55 AM
seems like I saw them at our Disney Store for like 6-8 bucks. My DD wanted those when we were at WDW, but when we let her hold it to test it out the first thing she did was put it up to her sister's head and knocked her a few times before we could grab it to make it stop spinning. It was pretty hard!! So if you have little bitty ones BE CAREFUL !!! ;)

hockey mom
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I know the outlet stores had them for around $5 and I bought a few at the school sale I went to last year for $1.

KristaBelle
09-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I bought pooh light chasers on disneydeals for $4 each! The price tag shows the original price to be $12.

Mic
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I bought several at the Disney Store before our trip, but they were not any cheaper there(I may have saved a dollar or so each). I bought a Spiderman lightchaser at Walmart last year before Christmas for my nephew($6), and gave it to him to use in Epcot. My brother really appreciated me also giving him extra batteries!

mickeyluv'r
09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Sometimes they go on sale at the Disney store. If you are considering other options, I've seen glowsticks at the dollar store. I've also seen those fiber optic light up toys at the dollar bins at Target (they really are pretty cool). For girls, you might also consider a light up wand. The ones Disney is selling online for Halloween are pretty cool (at least the Tinkerbell one is very cool) It is different from the one thay have in the store.

barkley
09-09-2005, 04:38 PM
walmart has some (hand held globe shaped with spinner inside multi color) in the halloween section $4.99 each.

BeccaGrace
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
So if you have little bitty ones BE CAREFUL !!! ;)

Ditto that...My dd got one at Monster's Inc. on Ice when she was 3 and got it a little too close to her hair and got it stuck! We had to cut a big chunk out to free her since the hair had gone all the way down into the spinner. We actually contacted the manufacturer to just let them know since we didn't know if there was a defect with the one we had or if it was a risk with all of them and they were very nice; sent us shipping materials to send it back for them to check (it was defective) and sent us a huge box filled with all the Monster's Inc. toys from the show!!!!!

She wants nothing to do with them now:) We get glow sticks only!

CheapMom
09-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the tip about WalMart

kkheburn
09-12-2005, 10:50 PM
They are on clearence at Disney store now for $5.99! They had Buzz and Princess. I also bought the light sticks at Wal-mart in the Halloween section. 3 for .92. The had a ton.

aquaticmom
09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
I was at our Dollar General today and they had a very plain version ( red & blue) for $1.50 each. The ones at Walmart are a lot nicer but I think they are $4.99 each.