PDA

View Full Version : Opinions onPrincess Walkie Talkies?

ptlycloudy
09-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have any personal experience with the princess, barbie, or strawberry shortcake walkie talkies? I am looking for some for my DDs for Christmas,but the reviews I have read are all terrible for kids walkie talkies. They are just to use around the house and outside so they don't need a long range, but good reception is important. Most of what I have read about all of them is that they don't work and I don't want them disappointed with Santa!!!
Any opinions are helpful.

THanks! :umbrella:

elgerber
09-08-2005, 05:38 PM
To be honest, we have bought 3 different sets of kids walkie talkies, including a fairly pricey set at FAO Schwartz, and none of them worked worth a darn. I find the regular Motorola 2 way radios work much better.

ptlycloudy
09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I can decorate the motorola ones with stickers or something so they look fun.

Thanks for the repy!

jeepgirl30
09-09-2005, 09:38 AM
We have barbie and i think princesses too, complete junk. Cute toys but not useful at all.

Took
09-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Actually, we have a set of the princess walkie talkies and they work fine. My DD, 9, carries one whenever she visits friends on our block. That way, I can call her or visa-versa, even if she's outside. It's just an extra bit of security and convenience.

mickeyluv'r
09-09-2005, 12:45 PM
We had some, but it ended up that they weren't worth the bother to carry them around with us all day. The adults all had cell phones (which we did use frequently), and the kids were never left alone. Personally, if you already have cell phones, I'd consider getting a few extra cheap ones. You might want to look into the prepaid disposible ones, you may find that they are more useful in the long run. I don't know how they compare cost wise, but they may well be worth looking in to, especially if you already have some.

jennz
09-09-2005, 12:48 PM
We have the princess and the classic mickey ones by motorola, we got them a few years ago and they work great. We use them in neighborhood and when DD is at the park, etc. These were in the electronics area, not the toy section, and have the different channels etc and I believe have a 2 mile range. DD's friends will borrow one to use at their houses and they talk to each other.

ceecee
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
We have the Motorola Mickey ones as well. They had Princess style that were just like them, you would have to get them on Ebay probably, but they do work great.

DiznEeyore
09-09-2005, 01:23 PM
We have the Motorola Mickey ones as well. They had Princess style that were just like them, you would have to get them on Ebay probably, but they do work great.

I agree! We love our Motorola Mickeys. ;)

pyrxtc
09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
I love the Motorola Princess ones. They even work with our regular Motorola walkies.

ptlycloudy
09-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. I think I will keep an eye on ebay for the motorola mickey or princess ones.

Thank you!

tinkerbellmom31
09-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Motorola princess ones here and they work great. Got them at Target.

Paxtrist
09-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Ptlycloudy,

I just sent you a PM
:wave:

sandiegosusie
09-11-2005, 09:45 PM
My friend bought the Princess set for my daughter and gave them to her the morning we left for Disneyland. They broke on the way to Disneyland which is only 90 minutes away. Don't waste your money.

We have a motorola set that we bought for our Dis cruise two years ago. They are great! ::MinnieMo