PDA

View Full Version : Color Day - Yellow Ideas Needed

buzzandwoodysmom07
09-08-2005, 11:56 AM
My son has color day at school - his color is yellow and since everyone on this board has such great ideas, I thought you could help! We have to make bags for 20 kids with yellow items inside. It can be anything, but I don't want to break the bank making these. We don't need them until November.

Here's the ideas that I have so far:
smiley face stickers
banana
pencil
silk daisies
napkins
straws
suckers
sizzix - sun shape
?spongebob ideas
ruler - (if I can find cheap ones)
rubber ducks (gonna check dollar store for multi-pack)

Any other ideas?

Thanks! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Jenn
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
twinkies
lemonade juice box

Figment's friends
09-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Our dollar store has happy face erasers, they come in a bulk pack.

goofyforlife
09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
lemon slices (candy kind)

Lemonheads

Highlighter pens (walmart had cool retractable ones in multipack for $1)

kaytieeldr
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Post-its
Screamin' Yellow Zonkers :)
Sugar Babies and/or Raisinets (the candy's not yellow but the bag is)

Shagley
09-08-2005, 01:25 PM
balloons
little rubber balls
juicy fruit gum
butterscotch hard candy (although that is more gold than yellow)

Noah122898
09-08-2005, 01:30 PM
buzzandwoodysmom07::: I would NOT put in bananas, they turn black very quickly in bags.

ElizaB39
09-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Sponge pieces, take a large yellow sponge and cut it into sized little hands can grip. Can do stamping with paints and etc with them.

Princess Glenda
09-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I love the rubber duck idea. I've seen them at our Dollar Tree in packs of 3 or 4. How about...

Making your own yellow playdoh and putting a small piece for each child in a ziploc baggie

Also check the Oriental Trading catalog they should have some cute smiley face items

gemjoy
09-08-2005, 02:03 PM
:) ~how about making a batch of smiley face sugar cookies with yellow frosting/sprinkles :) wrap them in cellophane with a yellow twist tie. :)

:) ~yellow lollipops

:) ~My kids love homeade trail mix - this could be fun to make:
candycorn (usually available in Nov.)
yellow m&m's
yellow fruit-loop cereal
dried pineapple
golden raisins...

:goodvibes Have fun!!! :goodvibes

OzFan
09-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Yellow Mickey paint samples from Home Depot.
Lemon Heads ( check for possible choking hazard)
The yellow sponge is good too.

Trena
09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
I like the playdough idea...I have a recipe (somewhere) for home made playdough that is great. You put kool aide in it to color and "scent" it. It doesn't stain hands. I don't know why not, but it doesn't.

You could make some with lemonade kool aide.

TEXASPRINCESSES
09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
How about a yellow feather or pipe cleaner? Or a sticker of a sun???

Yellow bouncy balls.....yellow whistles or noise makers from a party place...a page from the yellow pages phone book...

I'll keep thinking!!!!
goodluck--i sometimes think these teachers come up with this stuff to stimulate the mom's mind more than the kiddos ;)

marcyinPA
09-08-2005, 10:46 PM
corn pops cereal
Yellow crayons

I love the yellow mickey paint chip idea (from Home depot)...cute!!

buzzandwoodysmom07
09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Texasprincesses - how funny! My MIL showed up last night with a bag of yellow feathers, those yellow foam door hangers from Michael's, yellow pom-poms, and little yellow wooden stars

I am not sure how many things to put in the bag - I don't want to over do it. I've never made the playdough, but I know that the preschool teacher at our school has the recipe - I'll have to ask!

Everyone is very clever! Thanks!

I love the Mickey Paint chips as well - will have to send DH there to get them!

kaytieeldr
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Buzzandwoodysmom - this is fun! Could you please ask your son's teacher if he can do it again later in the year, with a different color? No, wait, bad idea - that will cost you more money. Sorry!

buzzandwoodysmom07
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Apparantly the have different colors every month and every child has a different color. DS5 is my oldest so this is my first "school" project. This is a BIG deal in the kindergarten class, they have a mom appointed to be "Color Mom" and she contacts people to distribute the colors. They have red, yellow, blue, green, brown, black, orange, white, purple, pink, rainbow (can't remember if there were more). He has RED day on Spetember 30th, so that will give me some direction with this. Our YELLOW day is not until November, but I wanted to get a head start to look for ideas/bargains!

Thanks again to everyone for their input!

kaytieeldr
09-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh! Try one of the party supply stores or craft stores or dollar stores for inexpensive yellow gift bags to put it all in!

mickeyluv'r
09-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Staples has rulers and Pencils very cheap right now (I'm sure other places do too...) They also had yellow folders. I'don't know if they'd fit in the bag though. They also had yellow note pads, and yellow Post-Its.
Check out a Party supply store. They should have lots of yellow SMiley decor stuff. You could probably also find party favors...though they might not have all yellow.

You could also include yellow balloons.