PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried on the adult Minnie costume from DS.com?

frannn
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I bought a sleeveless red sundress with white polka dots to wear to MNSSHP, along with Minnie ears & gloves. Now (of course after the free shipping is over) I am thinking about actually buying the Disney Direct costume. I think it will cost about 27 after all the discounts (which I actually had to order more stuff to get). I am wondering if I should get the XL, as I wear a 12/14. I know some of Disney's stuff runs really big, and some runs really small. I just don't want to look more dorky since I got the wrong size... My questions are- should I get this costume, is it really nice, and what size should I get. And, while I'm on the subject, how do the Mickey icon polos run? I was thinking of getting the XL there as well.
TIA!

CarolA
09-07-2005, 10:14 PM
I have one. Sounds like we are about the same size and the large is fine on me... I think the XL would be too big....

I like the costume, but the rear is not the most flattering thing I have put on. However, what do you expect Minnie just looks better in red then I do... (What are you doing for shoes???)

frannn
09-07-2005, 10:44 PM
so I'll probably just wear my (gasp!) regular sandals....although I do have a strappy orange pair I may pull out of the closet to try on with it. I am 5 ft 6 inches, with no rear (all of my size 14 is in the belly, 3 kids later). I really dislike baby doll type short dresses...this isn't going to be realllly short, is it? Are you going to do the tights, or go au natural? ::MinnieMo

HayGan
09-08-2005, 07:31 AM
:teeth: I just ordered the Minnie costume as well (I got the ears, gloves and shoes as well) I ordered a L as I currently wear a 14 but I really hope to be a 10 by then. Any of the clothing I have ordered from them has run big. I'll just have my MIL take it in if it is too big.

Hopefully, it will be here in a few days and I'll let you know what it is like when I get it. :flower:

gbmom
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I received my minnie costume from disney direct yesterday and I can say that I thought that it was ugly. It was not as cute as shown in the catalog and was made pretty cheaply. I have ordered costumes from them in the past and they were made much better. Needless to say I am happy that they had free shipping when I ordered it. It is getting returned to the disney store in a few weeks.

frannn
09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
all the discounts. I had everything I wanted in my cart last night, but wanted to wait until this AM to change costume to L and order. I just noticed the post about no more stacking, and tested this in DH's account for which I had a cart full, along with the discounts. As soon as I changed something, all the other discounts disappeared. I was not able to get them back. So, I went ahead and ordered the XL that was sitting in my cart. I would hate for this to be monstrously big on me. My MIL can probably take it in a bit if necessary, but I hope I can just leave it as is.

cobbler
09-08-2005, 11:05 AM
I have one and found it to be run a little big. Of course I bought mine 2 years ago. I bought a small and I think I could get away with an extra small.

CarolA
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
I really didn't think it was that ugly, but maybe it's just me.

I am actually going to paint cheap tennis shoes yellow.

I am wearing black tights... (Legs look slimmer in black!!)

I did not find the quality to be any worse then those kiddie costumes they sell so I got what I expected.