PDA

View Full Version : PayPal question

Pooh_Friend#1
09-07-2005, 08:03 AM
My mom ordered some light up products online and the company has not sent her anything and now when she goes to their website it is "unavailable". The charge went through paypal, is there any way to dispute the charges with paypal, or should she go through her credit card company? TIA

DianeV
09-07-2005, 08:14 AM
She needs to go through Paypal first filing a not received claim. What will probably happen is she will win but the seller wont have money in their account so they cant collect. If that happens then she should go to her credit card

Pooh_Friend#1
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
How does she go about filing with Paypal? What are the steps? This was not an ebay sell. Her and I are both very new at purchasing items online and I didn't even realize that you can use Paypal for other stuff then just ebay.

kjh
09-07-2005, 10:54 AM
How does she go about filing with Paypal? What are the steps? This was not an ebay sell. Her and I are both very new at purchasing items online and I didn't even realize that you can use Paypal for other stuff then just ebay.
Log in to Paypal, go to my account, click on the resolution center tab, then the file a claim link. I had this happen to me for an eBay purchase before Paypal got bought out by eBay. Paypal determined that it was the seller's fault (I saved and printed every email correspondence between paypal and I) but that paypal could not recover any of the costs. I then contacted my CC and they told me to send in my "proof" and the next month or two (I forget how long it took them to look over and accept the seller to be at fault) my CC reversed the paypal charge. I then closed my paypal account because I did not want them to have any way of collecting the money my CC reversed. I do not know if that was necessary but I did it anyway. Sorry to hear about you bad experience, I've had 2 on eBay, one I recovered and the other I sent a MO and never got squat. :confused3 Oh well....hope it works for you.

sanibelover
09-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Happened to me for $165. Went through PayPal and won, but they couldn't recover anything so I was out the money. Of course I paid with a PayPal balance so I couldn't even dispute the charge. Live and learn. Good luck.

Pooh_Friend#1
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Problem is that she says she didn't even set up a Paypal account, but the charge on her CC came up through Paypal. Maybe I will log in to my paypal account and maybe some how she used my account.