PDA

View Full Version : payin for vacation

halld6479
09-06-2005, 10:45 PM
how far out do people pay for vacations to disney? do they let you pay some money over time till the vaacation to help get it paid down?

Crazy4Disney06
09-06-2005, 10:47 PM
DisneyWorld.com will allow you to put down a $200 dollar deposit and let you make payments as long as the vacation is paid in full 45 days prior to your trip.
You can book with WDW online for 2006 as of July.

jjohnson
09-06-2005, 10:50 PM
For our past trip in August I booked a year in advance & divided out the balance to make monthly payments to CRO. It worked out well & our trip was paid for before we left. I'm doing the same for next summer.

skiwee1
09-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I just put down the one night's deposit on it and pay the rest when we check in. There is no way I'm paying it early if I don't have to.

disneysteve
09-07-2005, 08:33 AM
how far out do people pay for vacations to disney?
Generally, we don't pay for anything in advance. Why would we?

However, last year and this year we booked through SkyAuction, so we paid at the time of the reservation. And the previous year, we rented a condo at Windsor Palms and also had to pay in advance. Other than that, everything gets charged to our credit card and paid off when the bill comes AFTER the vacation.

DawnCt1
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM

However, last year and this year we booked through SkyAuction, so we paid at the time of the reservation. And the previous year, we rented a condo at Windsor Palms and also had to pay in advance. Other than that, everything gets charged to our credit card and paid off when the bill comes AFTER the vacation.

I do the same. Fortunately, Amex often offers double miles during our vacation time so it helps to pay for the next vacation. Another problem with paying in advance, other than those accommodations that require you to do so, if there is a problem with the hotel, etc, and you haven't put it on a credit card, you often have little recourse.

skiwee1
09-07-2005, 09:04 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Why would you want to give your money away quicker then necessary? LOL!

DisneyMomx7
09-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I pay it monthly so it doesn't feel like we get hit with one huge bill. I put the monthly payment each month on Amex so I also get the points for our airfare.

ceecee
09-07-2005, 09:54 AM
We had to pay the balance at 45 days before, which was fine. Used Disney card to get some final rewards points as we plan to cancel the card when we get back (rewards aren't that great with this card). I personally wouldn't pay before we had to, although the Disney Visa will finance your trip interest free for 6 months....we just paid it and got it over with. So everything is paid and we have enough reward $, we should have only airport parking ($30.00 for 8 days) and Pet kennel ($150.00) and misc tips. Mousekeeping envelopes are also made.

Nini
09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
our balances were due 30 days prior to trip. We did have to place a deposit (around $200 if memory serves me). As we are getting a meal plan, we thought it best to pay for everything in advance. It doesn't matter to us either way as the amount of interest we would recieve in checking or savings wouldn't make any difference at all. :confused3

It works better for us to PIA!!! :wizard:

aka-mad4themouse
09-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I put the money that I would have paid towards the trip into a savings account. Since I plan my vacations a year or more in advance, the interest can really add up. I don't care for giving Disney my money in advance but I can understand how some might feel better knowing that the whole thing is paid for before they leave the house. Worrying about how much you're spending is no way to enjoy a vacation.

Nini
09-07-2005, 11:32 AM
your puppies are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

Tink215
09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Well I guess I am different from the bunch, we use our tax money for our vacation and once we decided were and what I did my reservations and just paid it. Its better than sitting in my savaings account and then I wont spend it. and I have something to look forward too. I just paid it last nite and am soooooo excited!!!!But we do have a budget and research pretty much everything!!!!How much for the room, for food and for park tickets, and food and stuff!!!We come up with a ball aprk figure and stick to it.....SO we know how much we are going to spend, since we already have the money we just pay for it, and no we dont use our credit cards, we use those for little things like getting the DD's some thing they may want......Then I dont have sooo much to pay when the bill comes!!!!I guess everyone is different and in differefnt financial situations, we just do what works for us!!!!

goofiecrazy
09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
We book like 9 months ahead and make payments to our travel agent before leaving.It makes it easier on us and we can save more $$$ for things we want to do or buy.. We wouldnt be able to buy for it all at one time so the payment thing is easy for us..

aubriee
09-08-2005, 03:42 AM
I prefer to have everything paid off that I possibly can, before I leave. That way the only thing I have to worry about down there is food and souveniers. For my trip in 9 days I booked a pkg for the first time ever (in order to get the free dining). I paid the two hundred dollar deposit by credit card and mailed them a check for the rest a week later.

Unfortunately for my Dec trip I used the BRP and they will only take a one night deposit. You can't pay the rest until check in. I called and still can't believe Disney wouldn't take my money. It's irritating the fire out of me that I'm going to have to put the balance on my cc at check in and then still have to pay for everything else for the 10 days we'll be down there. I don't like having a large balance on my cc even if I know I have the money at home to pay it off. I'd rather pay for everything a little at a time and know it's taken care of before I get down there.

LuvTigger
09-08-2005, 04:03 AM
I also like to make payments so everything is paid off by the time we get there. I usually book through Dreams Unlimited, and they let you make periodic payments.

I know it makes more sense financially to pay it when you get there, but for some of us, it's less of a hit to pay a $100/month as opposed to $1000 at once. It also gives me peace of mind to know it's all taken care of. It's really just a mind set, and depends on your financial situation. Nowadays, interest on savings accounts is so low that it doesn't make a huge difference anyway!

Also, I like to use my Disney VISA, but they gave me a ridiculously low credit line and won't raise it, so if I want the points, I have to pay incrementally.