PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental ?'s

TheMorgans
09-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I am new to this site and need some information on car rentals. I am arriving on 9/23 with DD9 :cheer2: and DS17 pirate: we are staying at POP. I have a car rental reservation with L&M. Has anyone else ever rented with them? :confused3 Should I just go with an off site car rental company that I am familar with? (Avis, Thrifty, Hertz, etc...)

Thanx :flower:

kimisabella
09-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Hi, I've never rented with L&M, but rented with alamo, national, and next month we'll be using dollar. I try to only rent from the companies that are in the airport. It saves you from having to take a shuttle to the rental car facility, which is a big pain. There were recently good deals w/alamo and dollar, but I'm not sure you will be able to find a great deal being so close to your vacation date. You could try www.mousesavers.com, they usually have the best information, also there is a transportation thread here on the dis and they have alot of information regarding rentals. Good luck and have fun!

canwegosoon
09-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I use National or Alamo. First I would evaluate why you need a car? And then I would look at if you can do with a car for 1 or 2 days...returning it/and picking it up on site at WDW. LAst trip we rented a car from National or Alamo from Dolphin(or swan I never remember which it is), but we only kept it one day as we were visiting friends outside of Orlando (we were on an 11 day trip, ME had not started, so we did a town car to and from airport) so we could get a trip to the market in, and it also helped getting around to BB a little more. This year we are doing an 8 day trip so we are renting a car...but I might switch it from an 8 day rental to a 1-2 day rental(and using ME)...still a little torn on that.
I also have never heard of your rental car company...I would also check on the Transportation board.
Also Welcome to the Dis :cool1: