PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances of a big special next year???

andychris14
09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
We are planning on returning to disney next August. We just got back on the free dining. I guess the chances are slim to none that they would be offering it again next year.
I guess we will never be this lucky again.
What do you think?

crisi
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
For the past three (four?) years Disney has always offered some sort of special package for September. Sometimes its gone into August/October. Dates vary, but if you can travel in September, are looking for bargains, and don't mind the "September downsides" (shorter hours, few special events, Spectro once a week, etc), its a good bet for travel deals.

disneysteve
09-05-2005, 05:26 PM
WDW will celebrate it's 35th Anniversary in 2006. I wonder if there will be anything special done in conjunction with that or if they will ignore it since they will have just wrapped up the 50th of D-land. They ignored the 30th anniversary in 2001 (other than a smattering of special merchandise).

deltachi8
09-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Expedition Everest opens in 2006 as well.

2007 will be Epcot's 25th birthday.

We enjoyed the free dining as well and are planning on returning next August. However, DS is now hooked on staying at the All Stars, so I am hoping for some kind of special. Personally, I like offsite where you can always find a discount that time of year.

mickeyluv'r
09-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Depends on tourism. If gas prices continue to rise, Disney will probably offer something to encourage more people. However, I suspect that they are going to try different strategies than they have in the past. Just my gut, but I think people were becoming used to anticipating the codes.

sunkissed212
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Well I hope they come out with something. It definitly boost tourism when they offer special deals. My bf and I were going to stay offsite last year for our trip until we got a postcard rate and then decided to stay on site (thus spending a bit more money right at WDW)...

I'm planning on going back late sept/early oct 2006 so I'm crossing my fingers and toes for some kind of deal of some sort for that time period.