PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Post *Disney under $400*

lilallybean
09-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Today's St. Louis Missouri Post Dispatch has a section about Travel. One part of it is titled: Where Can I Go for...? It has the following listed:

Under $400---
Disney World: Seven day and six night "Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Package" for family of four. Includes lodging at Disney All-Star Resorts, a seven-day Park Hopper Pass and taxes included. Sept 15-Nov 15 From $385

Now could this really mean the whole family or do you think it is per person? I called the number listed and the office is closed today.
Stated the "information courtesy of Gwin's Travel-314-822-1957"

ls1222
09-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I've seen this before too... It is per person!! It works out to around 1500.00 for a family of four at a value resort for a weeks stay.

A Mickeyfan
09-04-2005, 12:44 PM
The $1500 is how I have seen it advertised....I think by doing the $400 they get more people to look...it is a PR thing....
They can say from $385 & if you read the fine print it or call it will be that it is based on per person with a family of 4. Sort of like when you see "based on per person double occupancy" or "based on round trip" etc..

lilallybean
09-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I knew it was too good to be true...but I and several of my co-workers read it over and over and there was no 'fine print' saying that it was per person. We wondered since it said for a family of four. :confused3

paladin
09-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I just looked it up and it says at the botton "Fares are approximate and based on double occupancy". "Based on double occupancy" means the prices listed are per person. A better-written ad would have spelled it out (i.e. "prices are per person based on double occupancy").