PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

SheDaisy0088
09-04-2005, 07:13 AM
I stopped om the Character Premiere yesterday. They had the Pal Mickeys on clearance for $13.99. I had been looking at buying once since they were $27.99. Glad I waited until it got closer to our trip. Doing the happy dance!! LOL!!

SROmaha
09-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Good morning! I have not heard of the Character Prmiere - is it a website, etc? I'd love to get a Pal Mickey for that price!

Thanks a bunch!

HayGan
09-04-2005, 09:39 AM
OMG - Thank you OP sooooooo much :worship: I just called and got 2 Pal Mickeys shipped for less than $40 :banana: :banana: I was debating on waiting till we got there to buy the one in the tuxedo but I got 2 shipped to me for half the price :cool1:

Here is the Character Premier number if anyone else is interested
954-846-7161

travelbug
09-04-2005, 09:48 AM
What is Character Premier? I haven't heard of them before. Thanks! :)

HayGan
09-04-2005, 09:54 AM
What is Character Premier? I haven't heard of them before. Thanks! :)

I believe that they are Disney outlet stores in Florida.

Figment's friends
09-04-2005, 10:14 AM
They won't ship to Canada.... :sad1:

strasfamily
09-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks so much OP! :love2: Just got mine! It must be a brand new markdown, the lady first didn't believe me when I asked if they were $13.99 - she had to go check and even she was surprised!

Does anyone know the difference between the old one and the new one (beside the tuxedo)?

bunny213
09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Thank you...thank you.. :cool1: ...got mine and another for a gift!!! I am so happy...thanks for the heads up. It was so easy..and they were so nice to deal with!! Barb

donaldtutter
09-04-2005, 12:24 PM
if someone could provide the phone number i would like to order one thank you

cinderella_belle
09-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks so much!!!!!! I just got mine too what a great price....thanks again for posting the info.

Cinderella_belle

SROmaha
09-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Is it the new Pal Mickeys - or the older ones?

That is such a deal! :wave:

SheDaisy0088
09-04-2005, 01:00 PM
The phone # is 954-871-7161.

It is the older version.

It was a new mark down. They just marked them down last night. I was at the mall and decided to stop in and check. I am soooo glad that I did. I am not sure what the difference is between the new and old version.

Happy to help!! I know that we are all looking for ways to save money so that our trips cost as little as possible for the best times possible!!

luv2playallday
09-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks OP! I just called and ordered 2, one for my niece, and one for my DS2. I think I will get my DD 8 a newer version at the parks, and we will carry that one around with us ( I heard they are louder) I was only planning on getting 1 before, so it will be much more peaceful now (no fighting over it) LOL! Thanks so much!

They said it can take up to 3 weeks to receive it, we are leaving in 21 days exactly, I hope they get here. If not they can be souveniers for my nephews.

THANKS AGAIN GREAT BARGAIN!

Do you know where the cheapest place to get T-shirts is?

travelbug
09-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I believe that they are Disney outlet stores in Florida.Thanks!
I just called and ordered one for a gift for my niece for our trip in Feb. Thanks so much, SheDaisy, for posting this great deal! :cool1:

Yardbird
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Thank you! Got one for my youngest grandson. They were so nice!

Chris
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM
The phone # is 954-871-7161.

It is the older version.

It was a new mark down. They just marked them down last night. I was at the mall and decided to stop in and check. I am soooo glad that I did. I am not sure what the difference is between the new and old version.

Happy to help!! I know that we are all looking for ways to save money so that our trips cost as little as possible for the best times possible!!

I just tried calling that number and it say's it is not in service???
I really really want a My Pal Mickey :(

HayGan
09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I just tried calling that number and it say's it is not in service???
I really really want a My Pal Mickey :(

954-846-7161

DsnyDrmr
09-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Do you know where the cheapest place to get T-shirts is?

Try cheapestees.com. They have great prices, were extremely fast and very nice to deal with. The shirts are a nice quality too.

bjkj
09-05-2005, 09:26 AM
SheDaisy,

I can't thank you enough for this post! I just order 2 (with shipping) for under $40!!! I wanted to get one for the kids but couldn't justify the cost. When they dropped to below $30 each, I thought about it but still just couldn't do it as we are on a tight budget. But now, WOO HOO! :banana:

Even if the kids don't like lugging it around, it will be a great souvienear for after the trip!

Again, many, many thanks!!!! :cloud9:

luv2playallday
09-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Did they say how much shipping was? The lady I talked to didn't know.

tink76
09-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Yay! I am ordering mine now!
She said shipping is about $10
She also said the difference is that the newer one has a bigger vocabulary and talks about some of the newer attractions. But for this price that is okay by me.
Total for one was $22 and some change with shipping

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks!

emnrich
09-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I ordered mine. Shipping was 8.95 for one and I believe 10.95 for two. More than that depended on the total.

crazywig
09-05-2005, 10:36 AM
thanks for posting! just got one for our trip on the 23rd!

Pooh Girl 71
09-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting this! I just ordered one for my sister. We're taking her on her very first trip at the end of the month!

donaldtutter
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
when i call i only get a voice mail message how are you getting a person?

Pooh Girl 71
09-05-2005, 12:02 PM
It starts out with a recording, I hit 0 and got a person.

Delilah Bleu
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
What a great deal! I bought mine a few months ago when it was $27.99, wish I needed another one!

Chris
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
THANK YOU for reposting the phone number!
Dh called today while I was out and ordered one!! :-D

BeccaGrace
09-05-2005, 09:55 PM
How did I miss this thread all day long!?!?!?!
Hope there are still some left when I call tomorrow--now I can get one for both the girls!!!
Not to sound silly but what do you say when you call? How is: "I heard you had the old Pal Mickey's for $13.99--Would it be possible for me to order two over the phone and get them shipped out of state?" I get very nervous on the phone and like to pre-plan what I am going to say:)

SheDaisy0088
09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I am such a blonde!! Sorry for posting the wrong #. The sad part is that I thought I double checked the #....

HayGan
09-06-2005, 08:03 AM
How did I miss this thread all day long!?!?!?!
Hope there are still some left when I call tomorrow--now I can get one for both the girls!!!
Not to sound silly but what do you say when you call? How is: "I heard you had the old Pal Mickey's for $13.99--Would it be possible for me to order two over the phone and get them shipped out of state?" I get very nervous on the phone and like to pre-plan what I am going to say:)

That will work fine :flower:

summersfam4
09-06-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm green :bounce: I just bought 2 last week (one for each girl), and they are still in the box in the closet (they are a surprise for our arrival), I thought I was getting them cheap @ $27.99, with money being tight, I'm sad I didn't wait. Oh well, could be worse, I'm leaving tonight afterall!!! :sunny:

Kelly

Mom2Ashli
09-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Wow for that price I just might have to order another one.

Reese
09-06-2005, 08:29 AM
The interactive one that's in the park. It will tell you when the parades are on and about rides ect.? Newbie here in case you can't tell :blush: .

HayGan
09-06-2005, 08:55 AM
The interactive one that's in the park. It will tell you when the parades are on and about rides ect.? Newbie here in case you can't tell :blush: .

Yes it is. It tells also tells jokes ::MickeyMo

SheDaisy0088
09-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Yes, they are the interactive ones that you use in the park. Welcome to the boards. It is a great place to find lots of useful information and the people are really nice too....

aksunshine
09-06-2005, 09:15 AM
OMGosh! I have to get one! I hope they still have some! So how much is one with shipping? :cool1:

strasfamily
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Seems like we are all being told different shipping amounts? I was told it was 10.99 just to ship one. :confused3

Oh well, it is still cheap enough!

BeccaGrace
09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I got mine! I got mine!
Just got off the phone :earsboy: I spoke to a very nice woman and she said that the phone is ringing non-stop and ever call is for the Pal Mickeys--guess word gets around fast :earseek:

JMSMommy
09-06-2005, 02:37 PM
WAH!!!!!!! They currently are NOT shipping to my state (Alabama) due to Katrina. Since we *almost* live in TN, she's seeing if they can ship and will call me back.

Does anyone know if I can get it shipped to my Mom or MIL (TN and SC respectively), would I still have time to get to me by Sept 22?

update....yes they can, but it will be delayed. I can deal with delayed, and if it had come down to it, yes I would have totally understood and "sucked it up" and bought the new one in the parks. Just glad I don't have to now, AND I purchased 2 so the boys don't fight over them.

emnrich
09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
What do you mean by delayed? I ordered on Monday, they charged the card on Tues, so I expect they shipped soon after charging me. I leave on the 20th and need it by the 19th.

Raevyn_Wolfe
09-09-2005, 10:42 AM
They also have the Pal Mickey's for $13.99 at Disney's Character Warehouse in Destin, Fl. Their # is 850-650-0633

Disneynutbsv
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks, I just ordered on and the total came to $22.94. She told me it would take 2 weeks to get it. I asked if they have an expedited shipping option because I'm leaving in exactly two weeks...She said she would make sure it went out today. I hope she's right!!! My daughter will be so surprised!!!

AngieWin
09-09-2005, 02:38 PM
What is the difference in the ones they sell at the park vs these? Is it just a different outfit/look?

And what age child (or adult?!) would like these?

GeorgiaAristocat
09-09-2005, 03:12 PM
The store in Orlando still has some, JUST found this thread and immediately ordered one - I think it was $22.94 with shipping (to GA - UPS). Still cheaper than even the previous markdown.

What is the difference in the ones they sell at the park vs these? Is it just a different outfit/look?

And what age child (or adult?!) would like these?

Okay, the difference between the "new" and "old" (as I understand it), is that the "new" Pal Mickey is dressed in a tuxedo and has more jokes/games/new information from the old one. I have heard of people getting these for younger kids all the way to adults. There were some posts about adults finding them annoying, etc. Also some adults found them too cumbersome to actually carry around, so they ripped parts of Mickey off so that they were just carrying the inner workings to get the info (I, personally, would feel AWFUL carrying around a ripped up Mickey with all those kids around, especially since I am unable to pay for the therapy they probably need after being subjected to that horror! :earseek: ) I bought the Pal Mickey for myself (for this trip), but I fully expect to pass it on to my kids when we take them to Disney next year or the year after.

I have also seen other posts where if you take in your "old" Pal, that they can be "updated" in the Parks (to get all the new info, etc.) - I will now need the low-down on that procedure. Can anyone help?

emnrich
09-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I ordered mine on Monday (Labor Day holiday) and I got it UPS today. Fast shipping.

Pooh Girl 71
09-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I got mine today too! I bought it for my sister. It'll be her first trip to WDW

cinderella_belle
09-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Ordered mine on Sunday and they arrived today. All set for my Dec trip now

Yardbird
09-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I too ordered mine on Monday, after the tip from the OP, and received it today. That was quick! I took him out of the box and have been listening to his jokes. Dh looks at me and says "did you buy that for the kids, or you?" I think I bought it for me, but maybe I'll let the kids play with it too. ;)

patmor
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
OMG - Thank you OP sooooooo much :worship: I just called and got 2 Pal Mickeys shipped for less than $40 :banana: :banana: I was debating on waiting till we got there to buy the one in the tuxedo but I got 2 shipped to me for half the price :cool1:

954-846-7161

Thank you...I'm on hold now waiting to order at the 13.99 plus 8.95 shipping! :rotfl:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;53;104/st/20051125/e/EARLY+MICKEY+CHRISTMAS+/k/adc5/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

freakylick
09-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Your old pals can receive updated park operations info such as show times and parade times things of that nature..He will not have or be able to get any information on the new rides that have been built since he was created. I urge you all to go to palmickey.net for all questions reguarding your pals. They are a well informed community of adult pal mickey owners and at least one disney cm is on the site for the best information please check out this site.
Renee

MyGoofyfamilyandme
09-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I've had my pal mickey since 2004 with our first vacation to Disney World with my now oldest daughter and the Disney Cruise I was debating if I should buy another one for our trip in december :earboy2:

disneymom3
09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks!! I just ordered one. They said two to three weeks shipping which doesn't matter because I am not going until Feb.

Just freed up some money I was budgettting to buy him on our trip. :cool1:

So glad you posted this!!! :love2:

3DisneyKids
09-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I just ordered 3. I was planning to just get ONE, but...LOL You all know the rest of the story!

Seriously, I opted to get the other 2 because of shipping. Shipping for one was $8.95 and shipping for all 3 was 10.95, so it seemed to make sense. And since I have 3 kids...no fighting over him! (Though I don't know that I want to be taking 3 of them all through the parks, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.)

I was also told 2-3 weeks. She said that it would probably be much sooner, but just to be safe and avoid disappointing anyone, they were saying 2-3 weeks.

Disbug
09-11-2005, 07:20 AM
3DisneyKids! That is the same thing I did! I ordered 4, though... After tax and shipping they run about $17 each. These will make great Christmas gifts for other family members! I'm glad I got in on this! THANK YOU for starting this thread, SHEDAISY0088!

crazywig
09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
i ordered on 9/5 and got it today 9/12 :)

thanks so much for the heads up, i love it! ds (3) was somewhat less than impressed but it was really for me anyway :)

in my excitement to open the box i cut my thumb with the scissors :rotfl2:

nuts4diznee
09-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Do you know if these Pal Mickey will work in the parks when visiting in a couple of weeks?

hsmamato2
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
This is a great deal- thinking of doing it... Last winter- we got 2 magical moments pins for 2.00 apiece- they were clearing them out...anyway, they're supposed to light up and twinkle when you have a "magical moment" :rotfl: - it seems that there were sensors everywhere in the parks- and they would go off, and surprise the kids, they really loved it- I think the Pal Mickey uses the same sensors. The pins make no noise, but I'm pretty sure they're on the same system. Question??? Is it a pain to carry the PM's around? How big and heavy are they? I'd worry that we'd lose it... :confused3

Disbug
09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi! nutz4diznee! These should definitely work inside the parks.. That is why I bought mine! I think they will not include info about new attractions, such as SOARIN'... They will still receive the signals from the sensors located around the parks, though! I hope I get mine in time for our trip this October! Yay! F&W and MNSSHP.. Yippee! :goodvibes :cool1:

hsmamato2 The Pal Mickey's aren't that heavy maybe a Pound at the most... There is a clip/strap you can use to secure him... But I was always afraid to lose him as well!

3DisneyNUTS
09-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I just called and ordered one so they still have some left :)

Mr Poohbrain
09-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I ordered my 2 last week and just got a phone call this evening as I was walking in the door - The CM had spelled my street name wrong and UPS could not verify the address. :earseek: :earseek:

We're leaving next Friday - I hope he gets here in time!!

Mrs. PB

tink76
09-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Yaaay ours came yesterday! They spelled our name and our street name wrong but it made it! Disney here we come! :cheer2:

Disneynutbsv
09-13-2005, 06:51 AM
I hope mine gets here before we leave! 10 more days to go! The lady on the phone said they would mail it out the day I ordered it. I told her that we were going to be down there 9/23.

hsmamato2
09-13-2005, 04:09 PM
A walk on the wild side! I ordered 2 today for our extended family to share- I hope we have fun with these next trip! I'd always secretly wanted to try it out, but couldn't pay that full price!!! :cool1:

3DisneyNUTS
09-14-2005, 06:49 AM
How much were they orginal price?

PigletsPal
09-14-2005, 08:11 AM
When it first came out they were $60 dollars. I just bought one last week for our Dec. trip and like $13.99 price so much better.

alepat
09-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I just got off the phone with character premier and they still have them for $13.99 but shipping is a bit high.... I got 3 shipped for $52.92 I think one was $24.95. their number is (954)846-7161

I hear in the parks they are $60 with tax

:earsgirl:

bjkj
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
My Pal Mickeys arrived today! We leave next week and I can't wait to suprise the kids. We are picking them up from school so I'm going to seat belt Mickey in their seats for when they get in the car. Thanks so much! I couldn't have afforded them full price! :love1:

WeluvDisney2
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Thank you SO much! I called and ordered one today for my daughters birthday! We are leaving in 10 days. The woman on the phone said we should receive it in time. Thanks again!! :flower:

Suzanne74
09-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh thank you - I hope they have some as I will call tomorrow. We leave in 15 days though so I hope we get it in time!

Nicsmom
09-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Thank you so much for posting this deal. I bought 2 - one for my DS and one for a b'day gift for my DD's friend. DD's PM cost over $50. I do have a question though. Does anyone know what the differences are between the old PM and the new PM - other than the obvious tux. Does the old one still work in the parks. Does it pick up everything (transmissions) that the new one picks up? Thanks.

Diznenut
09-15-2005, 08:44 AM
the CM who I ordered mine from said they will work in all the parks exactly like the new ones EXCEPT -

When they are made at the factory, they are hardwired with what information they will receive. So, the newest rides (like soarin) will not be available as they were not here when these models were designed. The new ones also have some new jokes. Other than that, they will pick up the same information as the new ones.

Suzanne74
09-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Please please question the shipping. I just called and they wanted my credit card # before even giving me a price. I asked about the price and she told me it would be $25 something she thought. I asked what the shipping charges were and she said $15 :earseek: I told her "my friend" just called and was sent one with $8.95 shipping. She went on hold and came back and said I was right.

So they are still available but don't pay anymore then $9 on shipping

WeluvDisney2
09-15-2005, 12:02 PM
It actually only cost them $4.80 to ship one to Massachusetts by UPS. I paid them $8.95 to ship it. I was not going to complain about the extra $4 though, because it was such a great price to start with.
One more question, does Pal Mickey work in all of the parks, or just the Magic Kingdom? Thanks!

HayGan
09-15-2005, 12:15 PM
$8.95 shipping is for 1
$10.95 shipping is for 2

I'm not going to complain about the shipping at all. It cost me less than $40 to have 2 shipped to my home. It would have cost me well over $100 to purchase them at WDW!

Priorityonecb
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Woo hoo!! I just bought one for $13.99 too! One more thing to add to my dd's "Surprise...we are going on a Disney Cruise!" box for Christmas! Thanks to the OP! :cool1:

Rissa's Mom
09-15-2005, 01:23 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: This is such a great deal! I couldn't pass up getting on for my DD for our mother / daughter trip on the 4th!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful information!!

heathriel
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm glad I found this thread!

I just ordered 3 for my upcoming family trip (was going to get one on eBay just this morning for $24.99 + $10.95 shipping.)

Strangely, she said that it was $8.95 shipping for the WHOLE order.

I'm just confused about this shipping thing. Whatever works, eh?

I was trying to think of a "Welcome to Disney" gift for my MiL/SiL and DS/BiL but couldn't think of anything - this will be perfect ;)

Disneynutbsv
09-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Mine just came in today!!! :earboy2:

megan4777
09-15-2005, 03:38 PM
We got Mickey today!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Now to hide him from DD's until we leave....I don't know if I can!!

WeluvDisney2
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Disneynutbsv & Megan4777, I see you are both in the Northeast like me. How many days did it take to get your Pal Mickeys?

Diznenut
09-15-2005, 04:47 PM
It actually only cost them $4.80 to ship one to Massachusetts by UPS. I paid them $8.95 to ship it. I was not going to complain about the extra $4 though, because it was such a great price to start with.
One more question, does Pal Mickey work in all of the parks, or just the Magic Kingdom? Thanks!

I asked. They work in all parks. Hold Mickey with his nose pointing forward as you walk into the park. He'll download all the information for that day.

Poohstar
09-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I ordered 4 Pal with shipping it still cost less than buying one at the park with tax. Thank you very much for such a great tip. :banana: :cheer2:

Disneynutbsv
09-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Disneynutbsv & Megan4777, I see you are both in the Northeast like me. How many days did it take to get your Pal Mickeys?

I ordered mine on the 9th and got it on the 15th:)

Tabetha
09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
I just ordered three for our December trip - had them shipped to my Dad's place, and he'll bring them to us when he arrives at the resort!

So great! Thanks for posting this!

poohpooh2u
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I just ordered two today, they said they still have quite a few. I am so excited, I think this will be just the thing for our DS who has ADD. I think it will give him something to be in charge of. What a great deal and thank you to everyone who shared it. :earsboy:

poohj80
09-16-2005, 02:14 PM
I asked. They work in all parks. Hold Mickey with his nose pointing forward as you walk into the park. He'll download all the information for that day.
You also need to keep Mickey pointing forward in the park so he'll get activated at the different locations. We hung ours from a belt loop. When we hooked him on our backpack (he was pointing backwards), we never got buzzed.

mitchwebb
09-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I just received my pal mickey today. Had to take him out and play with him while my three girsl were at school. I really wanted to pick up the phone and order two more. Budget budget budget, I just had to keep saying over and over to myself. :earboy2:

twoeeyy
09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I am sure everyone is ' playing ' with their Pal MIckeys when they get them, but incase your not you better check them out. I got three and one of them does not work. He also has some sticky stuff on his nose, looks like a kid was giving him a little bit of love :love: . I called and they are going to send a replacement out with a tag to send this broken one back.

disneymom3
09-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey thanks for the advice on checking them out. I got mine today and it is my Christmas present (yeah, I shop for myself--how do you think I got that smores maker in my tag???) so I just put the box in the cupboard. I wil check him out!

hsmamato2
09-17-2005, 08:44 AM
ordered Monday, today's Saturday, no Mickey yet...sniff :sad:

MissMichelle
09-17-2005, 01:43 PM
YAY! Ordered mine today! I have been putting it off since if budget allowed I would just buy the 50th ann edition, but figured I could get this one and then next month when my trip is paid in full I can purchase the other!

THANKS OP!
:dancer:
:disrocks:

huskies90
09-17-2005, 02:01 PM
The special is posted on MouseSavers.com now too. I just ordered two. Great deal. I wonder how long they'll last...

deide71
09-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Just ordered two today, and also noticed they are selling for 20-30 apiece on ebay. It seems ebay shoppers don't shop around much.

jendon1997
09-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I just ordered 3. They are currently out of stock. They are due to be in store on Tuesday. They said 2-3 weeks for delivery. Total of $52.92 for 3 Pal Mickey's!! AWESOME!!

tevagirl
09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I just ordered five. My DS is getting married in October and is going to WDW for his honeymoon. I'm going to give one to him and my future DDIL along with their park tickets for part of their wedding present. The others I'll be giving to my grandkids. What a great deal this is!

TallyLassie
09-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I ordered mine this afternoon. They also have Spainish.

poohnpiglet3
09-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Got mine too!!! Four of them total! They're backordered, but they're getting a new shipment in on Tuesday. Should have them within 2 weeks. Order now if you're going soon!

Thanks for the info!

Sherri :)

mickeysaver
09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I bought one for our upcoming trip today. They said the shipping would be in 4-6 weeks. They are getting a steady stream of calls about this little guy. I thought that the original price tag was a bit crazy. I remember thinking to myself that if I could get it for about $15 that it would be a perfect. Well, I got my perfectly unupdated Pal Mickey. Maggie

Rissa's Mom
09-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Ordered mine last Thursday and got it this afternoon!!!

meandtheguys2
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
bumping for a great deal!

Suzanne74
09-22-2005, 11:45 AM
:flower: ordered and received in less then a week - oh I love it and I am so excited.

Thanks to the OP for the great deal

Priorityonecb
09-23-2005, 10:52 AM
:::sniff::: I just called because my Pal Mickey never arrived...and they have no order from me. :confused3 I need to fax the copy of my credit card account that it was taken from and they will then send me another she says. I pulled up my post from the DIS boards to tell her the exact date/time I ordered. Hmmm...

marshallandcartersmo
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I'll be ordering mine soon...........

Quick question though...........can you turn the Pal Mickey off?? Or does it continiously talk throughout the park??

I looked at WDW website and found the Pal Mickey section, but not much info.....thanks

Diznenut
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
We got ours this week. It has an off/on switch so you can turn it off.

They are pretty cool. My daughter loves hers and its all i can do to keep her out of the Disney box and leave it alone.

:rotfl2:

andijean
09-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Where are you calling to get the pal Mickeys? Anyone ordered one recently? Do they still have them in stock or am I too late?

pph
09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Disney Character Warehouse 954-846-7161. I just placed an order early this week.
Good luck!

kellyg403
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
I ordered one today...9-23 with 3/4 week arrival. So excited about the deal. Thanks for posting this!

Kelly :banana: :banana:

huskies90
09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I ordered 2 on Saturday and they came today!!!!

::MickeyMo :cool1:

GOOFY D
09-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Will these continue to work once the new ones are in place?

heathriel
09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Yup, they just won't have info on the new rides.

GPALANGE
09-24-2005, 02:02 PM
and even though it is in the off position, if we press his tummy he still works, do you think I got a defective one?

SheDaisy0088
09-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Don't think so. Mine was in the off position and he still worked.

poohj80
09-24-2005, 02:45 PM
He will still play a few games and such (demo mode), but he has to be in the on position to get updates in the parks.

S. C.
09-24-2005, 03:42 PM
and even though it is in the off position, if we press his tummy he still works, do you think I got a defective one?
He is in demo mode. Turn the button on and then off to get your pal out of demo mode.

If you forget to have it on and facing forward when you enter the parks then take him to guest relations.

hsmamato2
09-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Got mine last week! they're so cute! my 6 year old was trying to figure out what was in the box... :Pinkbounc - what do you mean"if he;s not on when you enter the park- take him to guest relations"? does it have to be on while entering park? or can it be turned on whenever through the day to hear stuff? anyone with experience here?just want to get it right, seem like supermom :love1:

Tinkaroo
09-25-2005, 05:19 PM
They still have them - I just ordered one! Total was $22.94 with shipping. I'm going to give it to my niece for her first trip in December as an early Christmas present.

The very nice woman I spoke with said that due to the overwhelming demand, Disney is now directly shipping them out. She said it would be upwards of 4 weeks before I got it, but did say she thought it would arrive sooner.

What a great deal!

marshallandcartersmo
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM
I ordered 3 today........each were still $13.99 & shipping $10.95. Yeah!!

andijean
09-26-2005, 01:27 PM
They still had them. I ordered my 2 today. Thanks for the info! I hope the kids like them as much as I do. Now, I need to decide if I should give them to them b/f the trip or on the plane. What do you think?

marshallandcartersmo
09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
FYI---I ordered mine Monday afternoon and they arrived UPS today.........quick service!! Haven't tested them out to see if they work, hope they do!!

mickeysaver
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM
FYI---I ordered mine Monday afternoon and they arrived UPS today.........quick service!! Haven't tested them out to see if they work, hope they do!!

Lucky you. I still have not gotten mine. Maggie

TnTWalter
09-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Is it just for fun that you get them for each kid or am I missing something? Won't they all talk at once? So excited to have found this thread! Thanks!!!!

Trish

poohj80
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Is it just for fun that you get them for each kid or am I missing something? Won't they all talk at once?
When Pal Mickey has something to say, he vibrates. You have to squeeze his hand to hear what he has to say. So, they won't all talk at once unless everyone squeezes at once.

GPALANGE
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Someone had said if you forget to have him facing forward and on when you walk in the park take him to guest services, and another asked you need to do this? And it was never answerd. Anyone know about this?

poohj80
09-30-2005, 01:26 PM
You can take him to Guest Services or most any store near the park entrances. Ours didn't activate when we entered MGM but as we walked toward the big hat he did so it just took a few extra steps.

TnTWalter
09-30-2005, 02:04 PM
all 3 of them anyway! That plus all the other stuff I'll be lugging around! ;o) I'm going to make this a Christmas present to all of them to 'announce' the trip. They've heard me on the phone and have asked if we're going to Disney World...but I haven't said yes...just maybe someday. I'm so excited. They're 7, 5, & 3.
Trish

DisneyFreq
09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Okay Here is my experience:

I have 2 kids but also decided one was enough b/c eventually one will get tiered of carrying and pass it to the other. By the end of the week I'll be carrying it anyhow.

I called character premiere (not warehouse). The number I used is a little diff too: 1-904-829-0359 / 1-904-829-2562 (number they called back from). Got right thru, no machine....but I was on hold for a few minutes.

I confirmed the price of the PM and then I was given a total of $40 something for one PM....huh? She said that 13.99 was the price but that it wasn't ringing up correctly. With the volume they've been selling I can't believe she didn't catch that herself! She canceled it (before I gave her my CC # thank goodness) and rerang it properly...$23 something after tax and shipping. She also tested it (apparently they ship out ones from the store...and not directly from disney as another store may be doing AND they had them there...not on backorder.)

About two hours later they called me back. Apparently they'd already sent the PM out (WOW that was fast) and had forgotten to stick my reciept in the box so he let me know it would be coming a few days behind the PM in a seperate envelope. Good customer service IMO.

myAAbatteries&aTD
10-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Just wanted to say an official thank you to the OP about this (now that I'm out of lurkdom!).... I ordered 4 for our summer 2006 trip (2 for my girls and 2 for my nieces who are going w/ us) and got them in just a few days. I tested them all - just tooooo cute and can't wait to get them out to play! Now just wondering if I should give them as Christmas gifts to our dds (the nieces are for sure for Christmas) or wait until just before our trip - I think I'll wait....

lovehoney
10-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I just ordered one today. They said it would arrive in 6 weeks.

What a deal!

S. C.
10-05-2005, 10:56 AM
I just ordered 2 pal mickeys $38.93 with shipping. She said it will take 4 wks to get them.

flea1267
10-05-2005, 11:05 AM
We got our PM yesterday!!! It is too cute!!! My DS (who is almost 7) and I were playing the Fast Friends game last night and were having the BEST time, so fun! He was so excited he was shimmying like PM does when he has something to say :) So grateful to have been able to get one at the great price....thanks DIS Boards!!!

S. C.
10-05-2005, 11:35 AM
We had bought one when it first come out at disney for oldest GS. Earlier this year we bought one for $26.99 for GS (8) for our trip this last july, he loves it and still plays with it. I ordered these last 2 for our youngest 2 grandchildren 2yrs & 3 yrs old to play with.

mickeysaver
10-05-2005, 11:52 AM
We were told that Pal Mickey would take 4-6 weeks on shipping, but only took a little over 2 weeks. He is very cute. I can't wait to take him home to the parks. Maggie

DisneyFreq
10-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I wasn't given an estimated shipping time. I ordered it on a Thursday and it arrived the following Tuesday! So thats what? Three buisness days. Of course, it helps that I live in the same state!

keishashadow
10-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I've got to spend more time in the Budget Board threads...younz guys are a wealth of information. :banana: Didn't know about Pal Mickey's discounted price until I read it on MouseEars...what a deal. Hope he comes soon, ordered for my DS for upcoming trip but think I'll have to test drive him first!

Few questions...

***What size battery does he use?

***What are his approximate dimensions?

***Is he heavy?

***Does he have any type of hang-tag or loop to affix him to a fanny-pak?

***What are the 5 new rides excluded (other than Soarin')

Anyone else creeped out by the earlier post that described the dismembering of poor, Pal Mickey?:eek:

heathriel
10-08-2005, 07:57 AM
3AA batteries, included.
Um, 10 inches by 4 inches by 5 inches?
Weighs like a pound, pound and a half.
Has a clip.
Not sure.

In Luv with Disney
10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know where the Character Premier store is in Orlando, near WDW? I will be there next week so there is no time for me to order one and get it for my trip. I wanted to put it in my son's birthday/Halloween gift basket upon arrival at my hotel.

Does anyone know where it is? I am staying on 535 right near I-4...right near DTD.

THANKS!

figgy4me
10-09-2005, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=In Luv with Disney][QUOTE] Does anyone know where the Character Premier store is in Orlando, near WDW? ......Does anyone know where it is? I am staying on 535 right near I-4...right near DTD.[QUOTE]

Here is a link to a map. It is in MALL 1.

http://www.belz.com/realestate/retail/festival/fb-areamap.html

lovehoney
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
It only took 10 days to arrive.

TnTWalter
10-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Thank you guys!! Now I just have to wait til Christmas to give it to the kids!
Trish

poohpooh2u
10-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone has taken their "what a great deal" Pal Mickey to the parks yet. I realize that they aren't going to know about new rides but wondered how they were doing on parade times etc. We go in less than 3 weeks and I can't wait to surprise the boys with them.

poohj80
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone has taken their "what a great deal" Pal Mickey to the parks yet. I realize that they aren't going to know about new rides but wondered how they were doing on parade times etc.
Yep, sure have and he did great! We had to learn that Mickey needs to be facing forward to activiate but he reminded us when it was 30 minutes to a show or parade and told us when there was a short wait on rides as well as the general park information. He was a BIG hit!

poohpooh2u
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info poohj80. I sure appreciate it. Now if only the weather is nice. We're so excited!!!!

disney 4 5
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks to you all for this post. We bought one of the original PM when were were at WDW last year for spring break and he went back with us this August. Unfortunetly he was hanging off my daughters purse when we got caught in a downpour. Mickey did not fair well in the rain. We let him dry out but now he just vibrates non stop and doesn't talk. So I just bought 2 PMs, one to give to my kids right before our trip in November and 1 for my niece for Xmas. 2 PMs @ 13.99 each plus shipping of 10.95 = $38.93 almost 1/2 of what we spent on the first one. :cool1:

pjew
10-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow! I am so excited - I just read this thread 5 min. ago and i have just ordered my DD8 a Pal Mickey for our Nov.29-Dec. 9 trip --- She will be so excited!!

I called the number posted and the CM told me that it would take 4-6 weeks to recieve - i just hope that is not the case - if so i will be cutting it very close.
Do you think it will actually take that long - we live in Texas?

Diznenut
10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow! I am so excited - I just read this thread 5 min. ago and i have just ordered my DD8 a Pal Mickey for our Nov.29-Dec. 9 trip --- She will be so excited!!

I called the number posted and the CM told me that it would take 4-6 weeks to recieve - i just hope that is not the case - if so i will be cutting it very close.
Do you think it will actually take that long - we live in Texas?

I ordered mine and was told it would take 14-21 days to get here in mississippi. 9 days later, it was on my step.

I think you probably will get it in time.

S. C.
10-16-2005, 01:14 AM
I ordered mine and was told it would take 14-21 days to get here in mississippi. 9 days later, it was on my step.

I think you probably will get it in time.
::yes::

Got mine last friday I live in Michigan, I was told that it would take 4-6wks and they only took 9 days to arrive.

keishashadow
10-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Mine came last Friday (but my DH & DS hid it from me)...

They said they tested it & it's working fine...

Both said it's nicer than they thought it would be...

They're making me wait until Dec. 9th :crazy: before our next trip...

Their point - I might wear it out before then - Ha!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
10-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much to the person that posted this! I thought for sure I'd already missed out on this deal but I called and ordered 2 today! She did say up to 4wks shipping because it's UPS ground and they can't guarantee but I'm not worried how long it will take- it will be awhile before we're back to WDW anyway and maybe I can throw these in as a Christmas gift. LOL

This is great! I purchased one of the Pal Mickey's years ago when they first came out- cost a fortune! (IMO lol) This is a great deal and now I'll have one for EACH of my kids so they don't have to argue over who gets to hold it and then get irritated if the one holding it doesn't let them know when Mickey has said something and instead listens to it over and over THEMSELVES. :rotfl:

Thanks!

Tinkaroo
10-18-2005, 03:33 PM
I live in TX, ordered mine on 9/25, and it was at my house by 9/29 - I'm not kidding. Giving it as an early Xmas gift to my niece and nephew who go for their first trip to the World in early December.

That was the shortest 4 weeks EVER! If only the countdown clocks moved as quickly!!!!! :rotfl:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
10-18-2005, 04:24 PM
I live in TX, ordered mine on 9/25, and it was at my house by 9/29 - I'm not kidding. Giving it as an early Xmas gift to my niece and nephew who go for their first trip to the World in early December.

That was the shortest 4 weeks EVER! If only the countdown clocks moved as quickly!!!!! :rotfl:

I live in Texas too! Really it's okay if it takes 4wks to get here but I don't expect it to take that long. I think it's clear from this thread that they just have to warn you of that IN CASE it takes that long. I've never had anything take that long when calling and ordering with Disney or specifically Character Premiere. They are just covering their butts, so to speak. LOL

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, I ordered 2 on 10-18 and received them both today 10-24!! Can't beat that when you're told it's atleast 4-6wks because it's backordered! Woohoo! :)
:cool1:

Disneynewbie
10-26-2005, 03:21 PM
They also have the Pal Mickey's for $13.99 at Disney's Character Warehouse in Destin, Fl. Their # is 850-650-0633

Hi there - I just called to order the old Pal Mickey - but I bought the new one - which is only $30!! Shipping was an additional $10.94 - so my total was $40.94. They still had the old Pal Mickey selling for the $14, but I couldn't resist such a "bargain" on the new version! Thanks all for the tip!! :banana:

Disneynewbie
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi there - I just called to order the old Pal Mickey - but I bought the new one - which is only $30!! Shipping was an additional $10.94 - so my total was $40.94. They still had the old Pal Mickey selling for the $14, but I couldn't resist such a "bargain" on the new version! Thanks all for the tip!! :banana:

No wait for the Pal Mickey and my salesperson said they just got a new shipment in of the old version too - so I doubt if there would be shipping delays for that one either! :rotfl:

tzuhouse
10-27-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to order one of each, but can't get anyone to answer the phone. Keeps saying the operator is unavailable. I left a message, but no one has called back. Did anyone else have this problem?

Mary

ottawa-newbie
10-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if these outlet places will deliver to resorts and if the resorts would accept the packages on your behalf?

donnabc
10-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Raevyn_Wolfe

Just hung up...I ordered 2 of the older pal mickey's from the above number...the total cost was only $38.93! :cool1:
What GREAT christmas presents! I am sooo excited thanks to all who provided this info!!! :banana:

madelyn
11-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks! They are still in stock. I ordered one of the old style and it was just over $22 shipped to Texas!

seanmw
11-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Just ordered 2 myself. $38.93 shipped :cool1:

Thanks for the phone numbers, these and pins sets are going to be a great way to suprise my kids with the trip on christmas!!!

MOM POPPINS
11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi, I received my Pal's!! Yeah :cool1: I ordered 2 of them awhile back and decided they would be fighting over them :) So I ordered 3 more on Oct. 29th. and received them on November 7th. Even though I was told it would be approx. 3 to 4 weeks they were here in little over a week. I know my kiddos are going to love their new "pal." My 10 year old was really looking at them on our last trip but realized it would take all of her money to buy him. She and the others will be so happy to get them on Christmas morning.

:wave2:

challada
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
I ordered mine on Oct 28 and have not gotten yet, but going across the country I assume that the 4 to 6 week window was a valid estimate. When should I start worrying?

BCVOwner2002
11-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks for sharing this information. Annmarie

shellbelle1971
11-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I just tried to order from the number listed above and they were out of stock of all their Pal Mickeys (old and new versions) but their St. Augustine store had some left. That # is 904-829-0359. Happy Shopping!

MazdaUK
11-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't suppose any of these bargains are available to ship to the UK, are they? :wave2:

Angelrider
12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Takinf frm all ears website : "The new Pal Mickey is priced slightly higher than the previous version ($65 plus tax) and is all dressed up in a removable tuxedo jacket. He not only comes with new games and songs, but he also has a brand-new carrying lanyard and a louder speaking voice."